Early Look at new Digimon Adventure: Key Art

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they finally give Holydramon decent screen time and let her actually do something for a change… She hasn't gotten more than a couple of minutes at the most.. she needs to be able to actually fight, and that means making her do more than just fire off her flame once and then disappear.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon is the weakest of the three, going by lore. Seraphimon is the strongest.
They're not. That's just a popular assumption from the real-world angel hierarchy, and/or in Seraphimon's case, "ANGEMON IS STRONKEST THERE IS". There's no actual statement anymore that Seraphimon is more than average.

By all accounts, Seraphimon is presented as the weakest one (loses every fight it's been in) and Cherubimon is the strongest (beats Seraphimon easily).

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can easily make the argument HolyAngemon is stronger than Seraphimon. Heaven’s Gate is busted and Seventh Heaven is just a mediocre energy blast attack.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just makes me wonder why Goldramon wasn't in the vpet. Maybe they only recently decided to use it.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just makes me wonder why Goldramon wasn't in the vpet. Maybe they only recently decided to use it.
Fighter Mode wasn’t in the D3s/WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon weren’t in the original Digivices.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You mean in Digivice:? Alteros and Sagittarius are also not there.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon is the weakest of the three, going by lore. Seraphimon is the strongest.
They're not. That's just a popular assumption from the real-world angel hierarchy, and/or in Seraphimon's case, "ANGEMON IS STRONKEST THERE IS". There's no actual statement anymore that Seraphimon is more than average.

By all accounts, Seraphimon is presented as the weakest one (loses every fight it's been in) and Cherubimon is the strongest (beats Seraphimon easily).
Seraphimon is ruler of all Angel Digimon, the closest to God, and the one foretold to purify all in final battle against evil. Pretty sure it’s meant to be the strongest of the three.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Seraphimon is ruler of all Angel Digimon, the closest to God, and the one foretold to purify all in final battle against evil. Pretty sure it’s meant to be the strongest of the three.
Then why has he never won a fight? He even lost to a Champion twice (In V-Tamer and Frontier)

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No reason they should be, outside of protagonist plot armor
In Adventure 2020, Ophanimon and Seraphimon are the Holy Digimon that seem to be over the other Angel Digimon.

So, Seraphimon and Ophanimon will likely be stronger than Cherubimon in Adventure 2020.

To be fair, in Frontier, the attack to Seraphimon from Cherubimon was a surprise attack. Cherubimon also defeats Ophanimon.

I guess it is because the Beast Digimon are stronger than the Human Digimon in Frontier. So, it has sense Cherubimon will be the strongest in this season.

Then why has he never won a fight? He even lost to a Champion twice (In V-Tamer and Frontier)
That's the Worf Effect. And the Worf Effect exists, because the audience expect Seraphimon to be powerful.

However, it was pretty weird in Frontier. The lore in Frontier implied that Three Great Angels should have similar power, but Seraphimon lost to a minion of Cherubimon.

Last edited:

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About V-Tamer, that wasn't an ordinary champion. Arcadymon was a digimon that at rookie level ate perfect digimon for breakfast, he was insanely strong, so his champion level was equal to a mega or more in power. Seraphimon was lucky he didn't die and only reverted back to HolyAngemon.

About Frontier, Seraphimon barely had awaken from that err... coma he ended in when Cherubimon attacked by surprise time before the Frontier chosens arrived to the digiworld. He wasn't at full recovery yet, not to mention that he was attacked with his own attack which Mercurymon reflected back to him, that was a cheapshot from Mercurymon if you ask me.

So on both cases Seraphimon in a sense was in disadvantage due to diferent reasons. Also in Frontier remember that the only attack he used was the Seven Heavens. Had he used Divine Breaker or Testament, I'm sure he would have won easily at least against Ranamon, Grumblemon and Arbormon

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seraphimon is ruler of all Angel Digimon
That's talking about the group hierarchy, not about power, that Seraphimon is a general or king.

That wording is actually telling because other profiles say it directly when they talk about power levels.

Pretty sure it’s meant to be the strongest of the three.
Then why have the writers never shown it off in practice despite having plenty of chances?

V-Tamer, the HT film, Frontier, Tri, ReDigitize, and so on. The V-Tamer one was even said to be strong because he was an Ultimate/LV6, not for an Ultimate, and that's AFAIK the only time his actual power level was noted.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To bring things back onto topic, I'm sure we'll see both pairs of the dragons and angels, regardless of which is stronger, and that's what matters to me. This is the first series where we can actually get well choreographed Digimon fights, usually it's been a waiting game for a movie to come along and deliver on the animation. That's not the case here, so my focus is just on how good will the action be lol.

About the Digivice:, it's pretty interesting to think we didn't get Goddramon there while we did get a few things we still haven't seen in this series as of yet. Will we get a Ver. 2 or something? If we were to, I imagine we'd have to get more new evolutions to justify a new Digivice: so I'm real curious to see if there are any other surprises in store for us (though to be fair, all they'd need to do is add Goddramon for Patamon and then just add Lopmon and all it's evolutions or something imo).

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering Pegasmon was listed as "? Level" during Izzy's end of episode segment I would not be surprised if they have it Evolve straight to Goddramon without anything in-between. The question remains then if we'll see Seraphimon again, maybe during the final battle Patamon gets rejuvenated and is able to becomes the Angel once again in order to stabilise the Digital World again or something - not necessarily being stronger than Goddramon just fulfilling a special role that the dragon couldn't.

The bigger question I have is what's going on with Holydramon? Tailmon's issues were mainly psychological it seemed and she eventually made it successfully to Angewomon. So there theoretically shouldn't be an issue making it to Ophanimon which is what we saw fighting in the ancient war against Milleniummon. So why the need for a Holydramon form? Curiouser and curiouser... :unsure:

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By lore Seraphimon has the highest rank but that doesn't mean he is the strongest. Also in some translations it said that he governs all the male angel digimon...

I hope they finally give Holydramon decent screen time and let her actually do something for a change… She hasn't gotten more than a couple of minutes at the most.. she needs to be able to actually fight, and that means making her do more than just fire off her flame once and then disappear.
That applies for Ophanimon too. I want her to get decent panel time.

Agreed.

To bring things back onto topic, I'm sure we'll see both pairs of the dragons and angels, regardless of which is stronger, and that's what matters to me. This is the first series where we can actually get well choreographed Digimon fights, usually it's been a waiting game for a movie to come along and deliver on the animation. That's not the case here, so my focus is just on how good will the action be lol.

About the Digivice:, it's pretty interesting to think we didn't get Goddramon there while we did get a few things we still haven't seen in this series as of yet. Will we get a Ver. 2 or something? If we were to, I imagine we'd have to get more new evolutions to justify a new Digivice: so I'm real curious to see if there are any other surprises in store for us (though to be fair, all they'd need to do is add Goddramon for Patamon and then just add Lopmon and all it's evolutions or something imo).
I want both Angel and Dragon forms to get decent panel time and fights. It would be interesting how they will tie the forms.