Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's also the third time she's done this, not counting games, so it's not shocking at all.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Definitely Goddramon. Here's an image for those who still can't notice it.
Ew-Psg-Uv-Vc-AAg-CXa.jpg

EwRtOm_WQAQpavm

Also, here's a higher res version of the poster I just found on twitter

EwR5BB1WUAMi7t2

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed. It is a smart way to implement the Dragon forms as Slide/Weaker forms before going to the OP Angel forms. Can not wait!

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've always been a skeptic of connecting Goddramon with Patamon, because it's been pretty much just a fan-theory with very little basis for the longest time.

However, that really does look like Goddramon's head. You can see the shape of his mask, some of the facial markings, and the horns (with red stripes on the horns too). It seems they've acknowledged the fan-theory and made it anime-canon.

I've understood it isn't just a fan-theory.

I've read that, at Adventure time (before Seraphimon was created), there was t-shirts with the 8 megas. Goddramon appear there.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've understood it isn't just a fan-theory.

I've read that, at Adventure time (before Seraphimon was created), there was t-shirts with the 8 megas. Goddramon appear there.
I'm pretty sure if such shirts even existed back then, they were fan-made.

For one thing, there was only a gap of, at most, 5 months between Goddramon's debut and Seraphimon's debut. Goddramon was also a fan-made contest winner that definitely had no relations with the Patamon line.

Secondly, the Adventure partners (aside from Agumon and Gabumon, of course) have never evolved to Ultimate-level within that gap (not counting non-Adventure media). IIRC, the earliest Adventure media that all 8 of them reached Ultimate-level is Tag Tamers, and Seraphimon existed then. In fact, Goddramon was also in Tag Tamers as an evolution of AeroV-dramon (Goddramon was also in the preceding Anode/Cathode Tamer game as an event-exclusive Digimon obtainable through the similarly event-exclusive AeroV-dramon).

Either way, it doesn't matter now. It has now become anime-canon to Adventure:.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The irony of Goddramon is despite the Asian influences in his design he looks more like what seraphim are supposed to look like than Seraphimon

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed. It is a smart way to implement the Dragon forms as Slide/Weaker forms before going to the OP Angel forms. Can not wait!
What if dragon forms are stronger?
They arise from the bond between a digimon and a chosen child.
God-dra-mon being weaker than Seraphi-mon is also silly when you look at the names.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked adventure holydramon because it was an original evolution that diverted away from the angel motif and gave tailmon's line an identity besides being genderbent angemon. Now Adventure: has ruined that, since she no longer is the only dragon in the group.
Adventure: has also ruined Goddramon for me by turning him into filler for Patamon's evolution line. If they make him a weaker evolution than seraphimon that's only gonna be rubbing salt on the wound.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked adventure holydramon because it was an original evolution that diverted away from the angel motif and gave tailmon's line an identity besides being genderbent angemon. Now Adventure: has ruined that, since she no longer is the only dragon in the group.
Adventure: has also ruined Goddramon for me by turning him into filler for Patamon's evolution line. If they make him a weaker evolution than seraphimon that's only gonna be rubbing salt on the wound.
Both dragon forms seem like weaker forms here. In Adventure: it was said that the Holy Digimon are a pair. So for Holydramon to appear, Goddramon is needed. Then Ophanimon and Seraphimon will appear as a pair too.

What if dragon forms are stronger?
They arise from the bond between a digimon and a chosen child.
God-dra-mon being weaker than Seraphi-mon is also silly when you look at the names.

Patamon uses Pegasusmon as a weaker form of evolution because he can not go Angemon. So, the same logic should apply to Seraphimon (Angemon) and Goddramon (Pegasusmon). I suppose Goddramon is going to appear from the Pegasusmon line.

Because the Anime has not showcased the power levels of the Angels cosistently doesn't mean they are weak. Ophanimon is also the strongest of the 3 Great Angels.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon is the weakest of the three, going by lore. Seraphimon is the strongest.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
at Adventure time (before Seraphimon was created)

Goddramon debuted not all that long before Seraphimon did, though...? They both came into existence most of the way through Adventure's airing, though IIRC Seraphimon's debut was, like, a few weeks after it ended.

Hell, if anything, Goddramon didn't have a true line for... honestly I'm not sure if it has one now, but I'm pretty sure in the first five or six months of its existence it was slapped as the final evolution to at least four things.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
at Adventure time (before Seraphimon was created)

Goddramon debuted not all that long before Seraphimon did, though...? They both came into existence most of the way through Adventure's airing, though IIRC Seraphimon's debut was, like, a few weeks after it ended.

Hell, if anything, Goddramon didn't have a true line for... honestly I'm not sure if it has one now, but I'm pretty sure in the first five or six months of its existence it was slapped as the final evolution to at least four things.
I mostly associate it with Vdramon given it was typically used as an improvised evolution of AeroVdramon until Ulforce was unveiled.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mostly associate it with Vdramon given it was typically used as an improvised evolution of AeroVdramon until Ulforce was unveiled.

Hououmon also was used in that purpose for a while too, is the thing.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon is the weakest of the three, going by lore. Seraphimon is the strongest.

Yeah. Ophanim are under Cherubin and Seraphim in angel hierarchy.

However, in Adventure:, Seraphimon and Ophanimon should be stronger than Cherubimon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah. Ophanim are under Cherubin and Seraphim in angel hierarchy.

However, in Adventure:, Seraphimon and Ophanimon should be stronger than Cherubimon.

No reason they should be, outside of protagonist plot armor