Early Look at new Digimon Adventure: Key Art

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When in doubt, just take a look at both Hikari and Takeru being glowing in bright light and Holydramon is there meaning Takeru's Patamon is below covered in light as Holydramon does.

It's not hard to figure out right?

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg is it really Goddramon?! I'M SO HAPPY!!!

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't see the digimon below. But if it's really Goddramon, I hope we get a good Perfect level between Pegasmon and Goddramon.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't see the digimon below. But if it's really Goddramon, I hope we get a good Perfect level between Pegasmon and Goddramon.
HolyAngemon can become Goddramon.

I still prefer Opfanimon and Seraphimon. Both should this time shows us good showings. HolyDramon and Goddramon can work as Slide Evolution but they are not plot relevant or that important like the Celestial Angels.

Both Seraphimon and Ofanimon will definitely appear because:
  1. They appeared as silhouette in the huge War flashback.
  2. They appear as main evolutions in the Digivice toy and merch.
  3. They are plot relevant.

Last edited:

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I still prefer Opfanimon and Seraphimon. Both should this time shows us good showings. HolyDramon and Goddramon can work as Slide Evolution but they are not plot relevant or that important like the Celestial Angels.

Oh I mean a new digimon that fits between them. I know HolyAngemon can evolve into Goddramon.

It's okay. There's a reason why Patamon evolving into Pegasmon in current story, but we know exactly that Patamon can evolve into his angel forms, just not for now. It's not about "plot relevant".

Seraphimon and Ofanimon will appear as everything you say above. I commented about the Goddramon in that new key art. Not that I say that we'll get no Seraphimon and Ofanimon in the series.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't see Goddramon either, but anime Pegasmon doesn't have a level. He can directly evolve to Goddramon.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh I mean a new digimon that fits between them. I know HolyAngemon can evolve into Goddramon.

It's okay. There's a reason why Patamon evolving into Pegasmon in current story, but we know exactly that Patamon can evolve into his angel forms, just not for now. It's not about "plot relevant".

Seraphimon and Ofanimon will appear as everything you say above. I commented about the Goddramon in that new key art. Not that I say that we'll get no Seraphimon and Ofanimon in the series.
Hi! I understand. My points were made for a general answer in the thread. Not specifically to what you said. Sorry for the confusion. I quoted you about HolyAngemon being able to evolve into Goddramon. Perhaps, Patamon may get a new Perfect but I don't belive there is enough time for that to happen and also use HolyANgemon...

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holydramon!! I'm so excited! and is that really Goddramon too? owo I have a Holydramon pin that was released in the blind bags. I will wear it proudly from now on. (I am so happy after finding this out, this is everything I wanted in this series. I really wanted to see both of these dragons together.)

Last edited:

wtfzee_

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s Goddramon. You can see a horn to the right of Sora’s shoe, and part of his mask just below her, but the MetalGreymon screenshot blocks out much of that corner.
How did you guys assume so fast it's Goddramon? I mean, he wasn't even spoiled in any Adventure: related media, not even the new Digivice.
I've always been a skeptic of connecting Goddramon with Patamon, because it's been pretty much just a fan-theory with very little basis for the longest time.

However, that really does look like Goddramon's head. You can see the shape of his mask, some of the facial markings, and the horns (with red stripes on the horns too). It seems they've acknowledged the fan-theory and made it anime-canon.
I can't see a f--kin' thing in the art, it only seems like Patamon is covered with light.

But if it's really Goddramon, I'll be very p-ssed off. By the way, I always detested the idea of Patamon (from Adventure) becoming Goddramon, because most of Adventure fanboys claimed to only accept Holydramon if Patamon became Goddramon, basically forcing the idea of Tailmon being 100% dependent to Patamon, which is so stupid!

Okay, I know Lopmon once said by the two remaining Holy Digimon indicating two souls who would become a pair (most likely Takeru and Hikari) but it doesn't mean their Digimon should look exactly the same. And also, Toei had the chance to make Bakumon (from tri.) evolve into Goddramon but they blew it. Why would they do it now, exactly to Patamon?

BM14murph

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since the digivice showed off Magnadramon I had a feeling we would be getting Goddramon too. I fully expect Magnangemon to appear in the next few weeks after we finish the filler eps.

I'm thinking we'll get both Magnadramon and Goddramon in the same episode. TK and Kari will receive some type of Dragon power/blessing to go Ultimate seeing as their angel forms are too powerful at the moment.

For anyone worrying we won't see Seraphimon and Ophanimon.....relax, we're probably going to see them in the finale. The flashback of the great battle showed them evolving last minute to essentially turn the war in their favour. That's exactly how I see the finale playing out, all the kids beaten and broken and then the little ones come together to evolve their digimon into their most powerful form.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking closer to the image, I can see what TMS is saying as what's next to Sora's foot and under the letters does look like Goddramon's horn. There are stripes to the right of the foot that go red, grey, and red connecting to a larger grey with red below the foot, which if you compare to his artwork does fits the same color sequence on his horn and mask and doesn't have a match on any of Patamon's other forms (Angemon and Pegasusmon have no red, Holyangemon should have a purple for the shield around it and the shade of grey is off, and Seraphimon should have gold around the red letters). So that plus the lack of Patamon anywhere on the poster as we can see so far does make me lean towards it being Goddramon.

That said, this is a blurry image and running under the assumption it's a Patamon evolution, so this is still limited speculation.

Last edited:

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be surprised if they use Goddramon. After all in the reboot both Patamon and Gatomon after the ancient battle went through a lot of hardships and traumas which obviously affected them on both power and digivolutions, not to mention how Lopmon tells Patamon that if he works with Takeru a new path shall be opened for him.

Goddramon isn't on the Digivice, but it doesn't means they can't use him, maybe it was a last minute idea after the Digivice already was produced.

Last edited:

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For anyone worrying we won't see Seraphimon and Ophanimon.....relax, we're probably going to see them in the finale. The flashback of the great battle showed them evolving last minute to essentially turn the war in their favour. That's exactly how I see the finale playing out, all the kids beaten and broken and then the little ones come together to evolve their digimon into their most powerful form.
Personally I don't want to see them last minute.. I want Seraphimon and Ofanimon to appear more often. I will somewhat accept it if Holydramon and Goddramon appear because they don't have the power to go at the Angel forms (as they are way stronger).

Last edited:

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The more I see the image, the more I see Goddramon there. I'm pretty sure it is Goddramon. I don't have proof but I don't have doubts either.

Also if we think about it, it would make sense for Takeru to have two megas for Patamon seeing how Hikari, Taichi and Yamato have two megas for their digimon. Takeru would have to be placed at the same level as them seeing how he is key part for the reboot's plot.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoo boy, I am most certainly not the biggest fan of Holydramon but on the other hand I adore Goddramon so I am willing to sacrifice Ophanimon if we can get Goddramon. :unsure:

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why some fans acted like it's the end of the world when it comes to Ultimate forms of the Holy ones......

40 episodes. I think it's not fair for delaying their Ultimate levels for putting "Taking a break from Milleniummon's halted process" story for more. I want those Ultimate ones to get more screentimes. Seeing how they will earn Ultimate forms while the final episode is approaching that gives me unsatisfying feelings... But I will watch anyways.

Giffsen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It really looks like Goddramon head and tbh I'd be excited to see it in the anime, but a part of me says it won't happen for some reason.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I'm guessing that maybe we'll get the angels very near the end so we'll be "stuck" or "locked" with the dragon forms until then.

Tito

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really stoked for Goddramon. It would be absolutely wild if they went a step further and created a jogress for him and Holydramon.