Early Look at new Digimon Adventure: Key Art

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We knew new Adventure: key art would be shown off at DigiNavi in a day or so.

With people starting to get Vital Bracelet stuff we get an early look at it, as it appears on the back of the Digimon V-Jump booklet.

We get Taichi with his Digivice:, 5 of the other kids in action poses (with Koushiro with his 2 in 1 as expected.) Hikari and Takeru are shown with what appears to be with crests shining.

Plus look at all the Ultimate level Digimon...

We should get nicer versions of this soon, but nice to see it a bit early.

Thanks to JP Toys & Candies.

Attachments

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it a new one over WarGreymon? Doesn't look like Vikemon for example... (That was the closest I could think of.)

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it a new one over WarGreymon? Doesn't look like Vikemon for example... (That was the closest I could think of.)
Looks like Vikemon. You can see his horned helmet and Mjolnir, though the lighting on the rings on his fists look kinda like claws.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey, Holydramon in the background. Not unexpected, given the Digivice, but...

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They went with Holydramon in this art, and it looks like it's suposed to be Goddramon at the bottom right? It's not clear enough, but if that's the case it would finally canonize this pairing.

Last edited:

mf.axel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can anyone make out if the digimon under Takeru is Seraphimon or maybe another holy digimon, I assume its Seraphimon because Holydramon is above Hikari

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s Goddramon. You can see a horn to the right of Sora’s shoe, and part of his mask just below her, but the MetalGreymon screenshot blocks out much of that corner.

mf.axel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s Goddramon. You can see a horn to the right of Sora’s shoe, and part of his mask just below her, but the MetalGreymon screenshot blocks out much of that corner.
Ah thanks, that means we probably won't see Seraphimon

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not necessarily. With 27 episodes left, no one knows what the future holds for Adventure:

Panchi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my God.
Holydramon why why why

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Goddramon?! You have my attention. Would like to see Azulongmon and Megiddramon show up to finish the group. As for Magnadramon, I'm conflicted. I've always prefered this form over Ophanimon because it's unique and not "Angemon/Seraphimon, but a woman", so theoretically, I shouldn't like Patamon going dragon, but I don't mind it. Is that hypocritical? I guess it's because they look pretty different from each other.

Last edited:

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a feeling we were gonna go the Goddramon route when Pegasusmon showed up. Wonder if they'll skip to Mega or add another evolution! (Always pictured Rhinomon as an in between in my headcanon).

I'm really concerned that they don't designate Seraphimon & Ophanimon to just flashbacks and the holy dragons to present day forms. I hope we see them all!

WoolishlyGrim

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's curious, though, and a reminder that we don't really know that Adventure: is only 66 episodes, just that an order was put in for 66 episodes (and anime can and do have multiple orders put in for them). Generally speaking, Iiii wouldn't expect to see a new piece of key art to be pushed 60% or so of the way through a series, so it raises the dangling question of whether this is just really weird timing for a new piece of key art, or whether Adventure: has scored itself some more episodes.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's curious, though, and a reminder that we don't really know that Adventure: is only 66 episodes,
We're forty eps in, have one Mega out of eight, our supposed main antagonist has done jack all, and we're in potatofiller hell instead of advancing the plot. I think it's safe to say that ep number was accurate.

mf.axel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not necessarily. With 27 episodes left, no one knows what the future holds for Adventure:
You're probably right, I mean we did get WarGreymon and BlitzGreymon as well

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that's Goddramon then that's a pleasant surprise. Unlike Holydramon, Pegasusmon, and Blitzgreymon I don't think he was hinted by the Digivice at all. I look forward to seeing him in action.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't see Goldramon (or anything) at all, maybe the full art once it's out will show what it is.

If they *do* use Goldramon, I think putting something in-between it and Pegausmon would be good as a second line rather than it coming from MagnaAngemon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm interesting. But I think it's kinda unfair to other chosen ones while the first and the last chosen ones got their second Ultimate forms. WarGreymon/Mugendramon/BlitzGreymon. MetalGarurumon/CresGarurumon. Ofanimon/Holydramon. Seraphimon/Goddramon.

Hououmon, HerakleKabuterimon, Rosemon and Vikemon doesn't... I want Plesiomon to show up damn but not sure about BanchoLilimon and even... That TyrantKabuterimon totally unfit.

I'm glad this will let everyone know it's not about personal preferences for evo but it just can have multiple option to adjust evo.

wtfzee_

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How did you guys assume so fast it's Goddramon? I mean, he wasn't even spoiled in any Adventure: related media, not even the new Digivice.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How did you guys assume so fast it's Goddramon? I mean, he wasn't even spoiled in any Adventure: related media, not even the new Digivice.
I've always been a skeptic of connecting Goddramon with Patamon, because it's been pretty much just a fan-theory with very little basis for the longest time.

However, that really does look like Goddramon's head. You can see the shape of his mask, some of the facial markings, and the horns (with red stripes on the horns too). It seems they've acknowledged the fan-theory and made it anime-canon.