Early Appmon Preview Screening Event in September

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There will be an advanced screening of Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters episode 1 with special guests in attendance.

Image Thumbnail

At the Shinjuku Wald 9 at 7pm they will do a special Appmon screening event.

On hand will be Appmon cast members Uchiyama Yumi (Haru), Kikuchi Kokoro (Gatchmon), and Fuchigami Mai (Ai.) Along with the cast members, popular Japanese Youtubers Hikakin and Seikin will also be on hand to act as hosts.

The screening will be limited to 400 winners of a currently open lottery. The lottery is currently open and ends on September 15th. The lottery is only open to elementary and Jr. High students (with a guardian necessary to attend with the winner. Each lottery entry can list up to 4 people total to go.)

Those who win will be contacted on September 16th.

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a low blow to all the classic fans, they're too old to enter xD

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Darn. I have someone that would fit but we don't live in Japan. It might be cool though. ...Wouldn't a lot of classic fans have kids that could go?

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Too bad it's just for kids. Means it's unlikely we'll get spoilers.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't a lot of classic fans have kids that could go?
I don't know. Adventure's debut wasn't even 20 years ago, and if the average age for fans of the show in 1999 was 10 (hipothetically, and based on Megumi Han's age), then they would be 27 today. Anyone here knows what is the average marriage age in Japan? Because I feel like only those fans that were already teenagers during Adventure would have children old enough to be qualified for the lottery. If most of the original fans had children old enough to enter, which would be 5 or 6 (they need to be at least elementary schoolers, and that is lowest age possible), and were 10 during Adventure's airing, that means they would have had children at the age of 21 or 22.
Due to the decline of marriages in Japan by multifactorial causes, like what the government did about part-time jobs (I don't remember the details) and most young workers having low income (a common cited reason for not getting married) and the collapse of the system of permanent employments that was the basis of the Japanese economy and women now being unsatisfied with the way they are treated by men and thus refusing to get married, I find it very unlikely that this would happen. I would bet only one classic fan would be able to go. Three if you want to be optimistic. Actually, no, someone being able to go is already an optimistic bet.

In short, classic fans don't get a bone this time. Which might actually be a good sign: Perhaps this time Toei won't try to copy Adventure to cater to genwunners' demands and derail the quality of the series, and are actually comitted to doing something original this time (Heck, this series isn't even about Digimon! Look at how original this is!). Though I bet we'll still get a sixth ranger because that's a Toei-wide tradition.

Too bad it's just for kids. Means it's unlikely we'll get spoilers.
Maybe that only one classic fan will post in 2ch.
Or not. I'm starting to think there will be someone trying to make up spoilers leaks like they do with Pokémon and Steven Universe. I'm probably not going to check 2ch this time.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that Bandai and TOEI really want to get out from the yearly dilemma of being a long-time series for Digimon.

If we see again, shows like Pokemon, Yugi-Oh, and Precure have been facing serious problem for not being able to attract kids newcomers (for Yugi-Oh, it's mainly jr highschool newcomers, given the rating PG-13). Games like Pokemon still do well in there, but the statistic of the buyers/players every new gen had changed in years for having much less and less younger players. Most of the buyers are the long-time fans in their 20s mainly

Rarely Japanese entertainment especially the long-running one nowadays can attract kids, then Youkai Watch came, and becomes a giant thing in Japan mainly for kids.

The way Appmon doing this can be a suicidal move for the franchise as they're hoping so much that more and more kids newcomers can enjoy appmon rather than being only something that mostly the audiences are the old fans.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know. Adventure's debut wasn't even 20 years ago, and if the average age for fans of the show in 1999 was 10 (hipothetically, and based on Megumi Han's age), then they would be 27 today. Anyone here knows what is the average marriage age in Japan?
Oh yeah. I thought that might be a problem. I wasn't using Japan as the guide. ...Maybe uncles (or even aunts). That is a problem for the country though.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that with Appmon they are trying to appeal new audience instead of consolidate classic fans which grew up with Digimon, but maintaining at the same time the original concept of Digital Monster. If you pay attention on the marketing plan they are carrying out till now, they are aware that most people above their twenties know what Digimon is, but in my opinion they are looking for a long-term viability for the franchise with a brand-new project. I mean, as far as we know about Appmon, it's not necessary to know anything about the past seasons of Digimon to get into the new show; obviously, they want to mantain some paralelism with Digimon because they know that old fans are going to participate of Appmon too (for instance, the new card game is a clear allusion to the first Digital Monster Card Game). That's why in this prèmiere they pretend to focus on people from this ages cause they assume that other potential fans are already aware of the new macro-project. Anyway, I'm not against this new point of view and hope all fandom (classic one and newcomers) will enjoy the series, and of course I'm completely in favour of integrating the new generation into the original one at some point during the project :)

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since they said Xros Wars was kinda a failure, I'm thinking that what they thought it as a "failure" was about attracting the newcomers, as mostly only old fans enjoyed it, like Frontier did too. This time it seems they've learnt their very mistake. I just hope it can be a successful and can be effective to newcomers like what youkai watch did.