Dynasty of the Evil Dim Card Lineup Image

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't comment much on my initial post because I wanted to give it some time to let my thoughts marinate on this chart to give it a fair shot, but honestly? This dim is really underwhelming...

The Adult stage is mostly what one would expect and I'm generaly fine with it (tho I would definatly still replace Saberdramon with Dobermon here), but then we get to Perfect and things start to fall apart. 1 Free, 1 Vaccine, 1 Data and 3 Viruses: Baalmon is expected but a cool digimon anyway, Cyberdramon 2010 is a sick design (even if it has no business being called what it is) and Pumpmon is one of my top 5 digimon, but then we get to virus and... Jokermon and Phantomon? Don't get me wrong, I do like Jokermon and Phantomon is one of my favourite digimon, but like, they are a little redundent, aren't they? (specialy when you put them right next to each other like the dim did)

You really telling me you couldn't replace one of them with Cerberumon?

But real issue are the Ultimates. 1 Data and 3 Viruses again. This wouldn't even be an Problem if the Virus selection was at least something exciting like Grandracmon, Gulfmon, Belphemon, Bargramon... Literally ANYTHING other than Piedmon. Like, even if you didn't want to make new digimon for this, you're telling me you couldn't have put Anubimon or Craniummon in there? NoblePumpmon is the only really noteworthy Ultimate in this chart.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed with this dim, this chart has unfortunately killed any excitement I had for Dynasty.
Personally the adults are the biggest disappointment. 2 recycled sprites and a Devimon that belonged in AgumonEx.

And this was a great opportunity for a new “Traitor Demon” Vaccine Digimon in the vein of Mimicmon or Gargomon, or even better - a pumpkin themed Adult or Trick or Treat Digimon to finish Pumpmon’s line.

I know they’ve used Wizarmon as the standard data Adult here but his design is so over detailed and Pumpmon’s is so simple it feels off. And an Adult with the kooky friendly Halloween theme could have been a ton of fun. (Heck I’d take a subspecies of Potamon or Togemon recolored orange)

The Ultimates all being 4 humans in costumes is lame, too. Needed a beast type to round things out.

Quinnzel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Literally ANYTHING other than Piedmon.
Wouldn't have guessed anybody would be against Piedmon's inclusion unless this is a personal taste thing. We already had two other Dark Masters, so it was apparent he'd show up eventually (I suppose we can expect Puppetmon in the near future too). Where else would you have put him?

Intentionally, while it never shows the stuff off in Xros Wars (mostly because it's an extreme background Digimon, it gets into like one fight where it isn't Xrossed pretty quickly) its profile makes it clear that it's supposed to be a Xenomorph.
The good ol' chain of influence. Love it when they do stuff like this.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't have guessed anybody would be against Piedmon's inclusion unless this is a personal taste thing. We already had two other Dark Masters, so it was apparent he'd show up eventually (I suppose we can expect Puppetmon in the near future too). Where else would you have put him?
Pinocchimon is the least popular of all the Dark Masters by far (it’s the only one that never got Super Ultimate) and it already missed his main shot in Hermit in the Jungle. I wouldn’t be surprised if the product line ends with him only being a raid boss or never showing up at all.

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is not that I'm against Piedmon being here on principal, is just that he offers nothing to the table. All the other Ultimates are humanoid man, they could have used a beast type digimon or something if they were going to have 3 Virues.

Quinnzel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is not that I'm against Piedmon being here on principal, is just that he offers nothing to the table. All the other Ultimates are humanoid man, they could have used a beast type digimon or something if they were going to have 3 Virues.
Ahh, yeah, that's fair. My pick would have been Beelze 2010 in that case, even if the replacement wound up with weaker stats as a result.

I honestly don't really mind them shaking up the typical attribute balance. I'd like to think that this would lead to them being more fluid with thematic picks instead of tossing an otherwise appropriate evolution just because its type was already accounted for. Now that we have this, I think it would also be nice to see cards that lean towards Data and Free types (though the latter seems extremely unlikely lol). Haven't they made attribute heavy v-pets like that in the past too?

Here's hoping they do the sensible thing in October/November and give us a couple Data Raid Bosses to use all our shiny new (and dusty old) Virus types on. 🙏

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Me on the other hand am glad that they included Piemon because it's the first time he is associated with Jokermon other than the latter's profile.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Me on the other hand am glad that they included Piemon because it's the first time he is associated with Jokermon other than the latter's profile.

And the new card game, of course.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww... No new Mons? Darn. But this is a good enough line up. Nice ideas for picks.

Louise

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually really like Baalmon and Beelzebumon 2010, so I don't mind the repeats. Especially since the Tamers DIMs are horribly scalped now, doesn't help that they are super linear and have only three choices for ultimate so they feel cheap. I've been watching Xros Wars for the first time and am kind of fond of Baalmon now. This might be my favorite DIM lineup so far.

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

And the new card game, of course.
AFAIK Jokermon and Piemon wasn't in the same booster.

EDIT: Oh you meant the cameo in the card art. I was thinking more of the actual evolution happening.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could've been Wisemon in Baalmon's place and other Ultimate in Beelzebumon's place. I don't really like the idea of reusing any digimon in other Dim because I'd love to see many other digimon to have their place on VB.
That's why I love it when they didn't put Togemon again in Hermit in the Jungle because Togemon is in Titan of Dust.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beelzemon 2010 and Cyberdramon 2010 are the only things messing this up. Let those designs die, they're godawful.
Otherwise, outside of those two, this lineup is amazing
What? Digimon can't have variant forms? And Xros Wars may've been a rather awkward moment in the franchise's history, but I don't see any worth in just erasing it entirely (more so after they just bothered to give the Digimon proper levels and attributes last year).

Well, Mynor never mentioned they can't have alternate forms. Mynor mentions that those designs are awful. And i agree too.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyberdramon 2010 is awesome because it's a xenomorph and I love xenomorphs w/ my whole heart. Beelzebumon 2010 on the other hand is hot trash, but then again every Beelzebumon variant has just been a downgrade of the original's perfectly encapsulated sexy coolness, and they should've stopped trying after Blast Mode.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like Beelzemon 2010 would be a solid fan favorite if he weren't standing in the shadow of his objectively much more badass older brother. It's not that the design itself is bad, it just doesn't reflect the characteristics that we associate with the original. I haven't seen much Xros Wars, but it seems obvious to me that they were aiming to give him a more heroic look. I believe they succeeded if that's the case. Anyway, at least we know which one is the shit tier mega. He's definitely being used as a throwaway here.

This is my first time seeing that Cyberdramon though and, holy shit, I'm a fan. Big Xenomorph vibes. The only issue I have with these two is the same as MetalGreymon 2010 - That they're called that. Cyberdramon and MetalGreymon in particular are so drastically different that I really don't understand why they weren't given new names entirely like, you know, MailBirdramon. Now we're stuck with the awkward "(2010 Anime)" tag which itself feels like it reinforces some of the negativity around the designs by reminding certain people of a season they didn't care for. They will always be compared to their original forms and it's a bummer. Kinda wish they had retconned the names when they were assigning the levels.

Overall, this is definitely my favorite roster so far. Should be finishing up with the GP dims by its release. Looking forward to raising some spooky mons just in time for Halloween. ^-^
I don't really agree with it myself, but given that Xros Wars was the first Digimon anime in like 4 years or so, they probably wanted to reinforce SOME sort of familiarity (ironic given this is the same series that more or less chucked out the evolution system that Digimon was so known for in the first place, at least until OmegaShoutmon became a thing), not too unlike Savers using Agumon again. Incidentally, I'd advocate for giving these variants the "XW" suffix myself (and I could imagine it being what they go with if the variants are featured alongside their originals in any media that has Story-style character limits). Whatever they do, it seems better than saddling the original Digimon, as in the more well-known ones who were there first, with an "L" (short for "Legend", I think) like in Super Xros Wars.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyberdramon 2010 is awesome because it's a xenomorph and I love xenomorphs w/ my whole heart. Beelzebumon 2010 on the other hand is hot trash, but then again every Beelzebumon variant has just been a downgrade of the original's perfectly encapsulated sexy coolness, and they should've stopped trying after Blast Mode.
Yeah. But why it needed to be a "cyberdramon". Why Not XenoDramon... Or using the "original name" technodramon.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The lineup is better than I expected it to be. Interesting choices like Jokermon, NeoVamdemon and Cyberdramon XW. Even with no brand-new additions per se, having to get Digimon that have not been raisable in any Digivice for a long while feels like a somewhat similar experience to me.