Dynasty of the Evil Dim Card Lineup Image

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A little boring, but there's still decent enough variety I think. Only weird part is no Vaccine Mega they could've easily slotted something in there even if it was just shoved Anubismon in there. Also, feels like it could've just been an extended Impmon DIM.

I don't think fusion Beelzemon has an attribute yet - and since it plays the role of a protagonist I don't think it vaccine would be far fetched

It's Virus, it and the other XW Digimon all got retconned to have levels and attributes last year
Yeah, with the addition of attributes to the Xros Wars Digimon, we got a surprising number of "protagonist" Viruses in just one fell swoop, particularly with Dorulumon and almost everyone in Blue Flare (though I guess to be fair, some of the attributes seem to be in line with a pre-existing Digimon that the Xros Wars versions were heavily based off of, with Beelzebumon having an earlier version, Xros Wars Greymon being based off of the blue variant, Mervamon from Minervamon, and Damemon from Sukamon).

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think fusion Beelzemon has an attribute yet - and since it plays the role of a protagonist vaccine wouldn't be far fetched
It does, but they made it Virus. I agree, in that I think making the 2010 version a Vaccine version of Beelzebumon would have been an interesting take on it, but it's not the choice they made.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think fusion Beelzemon has an attribute yet - and since it plays the role of a protagonist vaccine wouldn't be far fetched
It does, but they made it Virus. I agree, in that I think making the 2010 version a Vaccine version of Beelzebumon would have been an interesting take on it, but it's not the choice they made.

Or at least making it Free to be consistent with Reapmon who is Free attribute for some reason.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A little boring, but there's still decent enough variety I think. Only weird part is no Vaccine Mega they could've easily slotted something in there even if it was just shoved Anubismon in there. Also, feels like it could've just been an extended Impmon DIM.
Always following the attributes is hard, besides you need to add Dobermon and Cerberumon in the Dim to have Anubismon.

Jokermon and Neomyotismon aren’t used much so it would make since choosing them over Vaccine.

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
セーバードラモン (Sēbādoramon) evolving to サイバードラモン (Saibādoramon) sounds very smooth. I really don't know how no one (afaik) had this idea in the random evolution thread.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beelzemon 2010 and Cyberdramon 2010 are the only things messing this up. Let those designs die, they're godawful.
Otherwise, outside of those two, this lineup is amazing

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beelzemon 2010 and Cyberdramon 2010 are the only things messing this up. Let those designs die, they're godawful.
Otherwise, outside of those two, this lineup is amazing
What? Digimon can't have variant forms? And Xros Wars may've been a rather awkward moment in the franchise's history, but I don't see any worth in just erasing it entirely (more so after they just bothered to give the Digimon proper levels and attributes last year).

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Always following the attributes is hard, besides you need to add Dobermon and Cerberumon in the Dim to have Anubismon.

Jokermon and Neomyotismon aren’t used much so it would make since choosing them over Vaccine.

No you don't they had crecsemon and flaremon before without the rest of their lines

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I prefer classic Beelzemon, 2010 Beelzemon is also very cool and has a distinct personality to him that sets him apart. Cyberdramon in the other hand, while I still like both, I vastly prefer their 2010 redesign.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What? Digimon can't have variant forms? And Xros Wars may've been a rather awkward moment in the franchise's history, but I don't see any worth in just erasing it entirely (more so after they just bothered to give the Digimon proper levels and attributes last year).
they look bad. Especially Beelzemon 2010. There aren't too many redesigns I have seen worse than Beelzemon 2010 across any franchise and as an alternate form it does nothing different than Beelzemon Blast Mode while also trying to be different for no reason which is the worst kind of redesign

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s weird. I’m a huge fan of the Nightmare Soldiers group however I’m a bit disappointed by the roster. It’s great to get Jokermon, Noblepumpmon, and Neovampdemon even if I’m not a fan of the latter. I believe it’s great that two of these get their first raisable appearance.

Saberdramon is a Nightmare Soldier, however I would of preferred Dobermon or a brand new vaccine over it. Cyberdramon Xros Wars was a really bad decision and any new vaccine NSo would of been better. I don’t know I feel that the roster is underwhelming. First time I’ve felt that for a Dim. I would of preferred Anubismon over Xros Wars Beelzebumon too, and I’m a Beelzebumon fanboy.

Or at least making it Free to be consistent with Reapmon who is Free attribute for some reason.
Who's Reapmon?

Dub name of baalmon
That’s downright horrendous and generic. Poor Baalmon.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

No you don't they had crecsemon and flaremon before without the rest of their lines
Oh yeah i remember.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They really pooped the bed on Vaccines with this one. Might as well not have had them.

Quinnzel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like Beelzemon 2010 would be a solid fan favorite if he weren't standing in the shadow of his objectively much more badass older brother. It's not that the design itself is bad, it just doesn't reflect the characteristics that we associate with the original. I haven't seen much Xros Wars, but it seems obvious to me that they were aiming to give him a more heroic look. I believe they succeeded if that's the case. Anyway, at least we know which one is the shit tier mega. He's definitely being used as a throwaway here.

This is my first time seeing that Cyberdramon though and, holy shit, I'm a fan. Big Xenomorph vibes. The only issue I have with these two is the same as MetalGreymon 2010 - That they're called that. Cyberdramon and MetalGreymon in particular are so drastically different that I really don't understand why they weren't given new names entirely like, you know, MailBirdramon. Now we're stuck with the awkward "(2010 Anime)" tag which itself feels like it reinforces some of the negativity around the designs by reminding certain people of a season they didn't care for. They will always be compared to their original forms and it's a bummer. Kinda wish they had retconned the names when they were assigning the levels.

Overall, this is definitely my favorite roster so far. Should be finishing up with the GP dims by its release. Looking forward to raising some spooky mons just in time for Halloween. ^-^

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the more I look into 2010 Cyberdramon the more I realize I actually love it. It is bizarre that its biology and extraterrestrial origin are vastly different to the other Cyberdramon, though, it makes me wonder if the black colored Cyberdramons are actually a subspecies of the blue Xros Wars ones. I think I just really hated Kiriha so much while watching Xros Wars that I lumped this dude into that.
Beelzemon 2010 I still think is just a flat out bad design, though. Some Xros Wars designs were obviously made with toys in mind but I think it's too blatant with Beelzemon 2010 without adding anything cool or interesting to counteract how plastic and bland it now looks

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they look bad. Especially Beelzemon 2010. There aren't too many redesigns I have seen worse than Beelzemon 2010 across any franchise and as an alternate form it does nothing different than Beelzemon Blast Mode while also trying to be different for no reason which is the worst kind of redesign

I'm really keen on 2010 Beelzemon - it's futuristic elements remind me of the Xenosaga trilogy.

Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean they should be stripped from the roster. I for one am bored stiff from blast mode's overuse.

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't comment much on my initial post because I wanted to give it some time to let my thoughts marinate on this chart to give it a fair shot, but honestly? This dim is really underwhelming...

The Adult stage is mostly what one would expect and I'm generaly fine with it (tho I would definatly still replace Saberdramon with Dobermon here), but then we get to Perfect and things start to fall apart. 1 Free, 1 Vaccine, 1 Data and 3 Viruses: Baalmon is expected but a cool digimon anyway, Cyberdramon 2010 is a sick design (even if it has no business being called what it is) and Pumpmon is one of my top 5 digimon, but then we get to virus and... Jokermon and Phantomon? Don't get me wrong, I do like Jokermon and Phantomon is one of my favourite digimon, but like, they are a little redundent, aren't they? (specialy when you put them right next to each other like the dim did)

You really telling me you couldn't replace one of them with Cerberumon?

But real issue are the Ultimates. 1 Data and 3 Viruses again. This wouldn't even be an Problem if the Virus selection was at least something exciting like Grandracmon, Gulfmon, Belphemon, Bargramon... Literally ANYTHING other than Piedmon. Like, even if you didn't want to make new digimon for this, you're telling me you couldn't have put Anubimon or Craniummon in there? NoblePumpmon is the only really noteworthy Ultimate in this chart.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed with this dim, this chart has unfortunately killed any excitement I had for Dynasty.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Big Xenomorph vibes.
Intentionally, while it never shows the stuff off in Xros Wars (mostly because it's an extreme background Digimon, it gets into like one fight where it isn't Xrossed pretty quickly) its profile makes it clear that it's supposed to be a Xenomorph.