Drama CD + Novel translations

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did it meantion the fight between Puppetmon and MetalEtemon in the third book?
Nay, Metal Etemon does not appear, nor is he even mentioned.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame with them being part of the same organization, it would've been an interesting fight.
Indeed, especially remembering Piemon's exasperation when he learns Devimon lost.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone who is familiar with Kakudo knows he has a ton of theory on evolution itself in the series, so a lot of this makes sense to me.

Not fond at all with most of those Yamato changes. I'll have to read it in context eventually, but it's irritating how stray from the anime the 3rd volume is compared to the others.

As far as the Mimi thing is a jab at shippers... There are (ugh) many things he put in Adventure that support his future Sorato pairing, if you look. I doubt he's reinforcing this by having Yamato squabble with Mimi; I can't give a good reason for the change.

I'm really curious about Natsuko during the Zudomon part, though. I definetly want to read into that more. A little disappointing on the change with the parents as well, but it's more what you would expect, I think, compared to the anime.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really curious about Natsuko during the Zudomon part, though. I definetly want to read into that more. A little disappointing on the change with the parents as well, but it's more what you would expect, I think, compared to the anime.
Gesomon manifests nearby Takeru and Natusko, Jo and Gomamon intervene and that's when she sees Ikkakumon. Before he becomes Ikkakumon, she sees Gomamon talk; since the boats have suspended service, she travels with Takeru and Jo on Ikkakumon.

Later, they're together when Mega Seadramon shows up; Zudomon's fight with Mega Seadramon plays out relatively the same as the anime, with the exception that he hammers Mega Seadramon's head, and the opponent is actually shown to die, unlike the anime where he simply sank beneath the waves (is it just me, or does Kakudo get fairly graphic here?).

That said, when Yamato sees his mother, he says "Mother..." and the narrative states that he lost his words.

Later, when Vamdemon's original body is destroyed, the next subchapter opens with the line, "Takeru was glad to see the four members of his family gathered again. Hiroaki and Natsuko were not able to rejoice directly (the exact wording is 「裕明と奈津子はそう素直に喜べはしなっかた」; 「素直」can he translated as "honest, frank, obedient, et cetera."

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you so much for this! I've been waiting so long for info about volume 3 of the novels (hopefully we'll get a full translation someday!).

Regarding "the Epilogue being planned" - it seems clear that they intended for some sort of future jump to happen at the end of the series, an idea that was later postponed and must have been reworked by the time 02 rolled in. It doesn't mean that every small detail in the Epilogue was planned from day one. But ideas like "the narrator is Takeru" must have been established early on - episode 13 being called "Patamon and I", giving Takeru's dad the same voice as the Narrator, etc.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding "the Epilogue being planned" - it seems clear that they intended for some sort of future jump to happen at the end of the series, an idea that was later postponed and must have been reworked by the time 02 rolled in. It doesn't mean that every small detail in the Epilogue was planned from day one. But ideas like "the narrator is Takeru" must have been established early on - episode 13 being called "Patamon and I", giving Takeru's dad the same voice as the Narrator, etc.
http://digitalscratch.pmsinfirm.org/?p=795

Takeru being the narrator was planned from the start, so sayeth Nisihzono.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of that Takeru Narrator thing it would have been really really fun if the Adventure novels had truly committed to that concept. As in that they could have actually been presented as the specific books Takeru wrote in the epilogue about their adventures, being told completely by him in first person and never actually leaving young Takeru's perspective.
Not only would that have made for an interesting character study it would, it would also offer a nifty explanation for all those events that the novels portray completely differently than the anime. After all Takeru is not writing anything during his adventures, we're talking about Takeru somewhere around his late thirties trying to piece together what happened over 20 years ago. And as an adult you don't really remember most things from when you were 8 that clearly, so there could be parts that might be completely different just because back then he remembered it in an exaggerated or childishly rationalized fashion.

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
http://digitalscratch.pmsinfirm.org/?p=795

Takeru being the narrator was planned from the start, so sayeth Nisihzono.
Exactly. So if they were always going have a reveal an adult Takeru at the end... it figures that they would want show the other characters as well. Ergo, there was always going to some sort of Epilogue set in the future.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you Yasushi! Do you mind if I add these to my site? I'll credit/link of course :)

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you Yasushi! Do you mind if I add these to my site? I'll credit/link of course :)
Wow, check this prompt reply. XD But anyway, go ahead =D

pepito123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, check this prompt reply. XD But anyway, go ahead =D
Hi, thanks for your short but helpful insights into the digimon novel (3rd part).
There are many things that start to get clearer with it, like the Digivolution vs "static" ideological fight and the reasons behind Apocalymon.

-The book mentions the black ball Piemon put in Gennai, and implies that it would later disable him from moving around freely. It also states that it was a seed of darkness, necessary for dark Digimon.
The black ball / dark sphere is mentioned in the audio dramas. It is stated that both Gennai and Koushiro are worried about Gennai's condition implying that the dark sphere might do some harm to him; also Koushiro finds it odd that Gennai's "servants"(?) / people that help Gennai look exactly like him.
So both the novel and the audio drama give small hints at this being a thing.

Maybe in Tri it will all be revealed.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any Drama CDs for Applimon?
No as far as I'm concerned. Only Adventure, 02, Tamers and Frontier have some kind of CD Drama associated content. As for the most recent Blu-ray Box releases, Adventure have two more Audio Dramas, Tamers one, and Frontier will have another one.

rossi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Gesomon manifests nearby Takeru and Natusko, Jo and Gomamon intervene and that's when she sees Ikkakumon. Before he becomes Ikkakumon, she sees Gomamon talk; since the boats have suspended service, she travels with Takeru and Jo on Ikkakumon.

Later, they're together when Mega Seadramon shows up; Zudomon's fight with Mega Seadramon plays out relatively the same as the anime, with the exception that he hammers Mega Seadramon's head, and the opponent is actually shown to die, unlike the anime where he simply sank beneath the waves (is it just me, or does Kakudo get fairly graphic here?).

That said, when Yamato sees his mother, he says "Mother..." and the narrative states that he lost his words.

Later, when Vamdemon's original body is destroyed, the next subchapter opens with the line, "Takeru was glad to see the four members of his family gathered again. Hiroaki and Natsuko were not able to rejoice directly (the exact wording is 「裕明と奈津子はそう素直に喜べはしなっかた」; 「素直」
Pnr Status TextNow VPN can he translated as "honest, frank, obedient, et cetera."
Speaking of that Takeru Narrator thing it would have been really really fun if the Adventure novels had truly committed to that concept. As in that they could have actually been presented as the specific books Takeru wrote in the epilogue about their adventures, being told completely by him in first person and never actually leaving young Takeru's perspective.
Not only would that have made for an interesting character study it would, it would also offer a nifty explanation for all those events that the novels portray completely differently than the anime. After all Takeru is not writing anything during his adventures, we're talking about Takeru somewhere around his late thirties trying to piece together what happened over 20 years ago. And as an adult you don't really remember most things from when you were 8 that clearly, so there could be parts that might be completely different just because back then he remembered it in an exaggerated or childishly rationalized fashion
Thank you I summed up the events in a beautiful way
yes I think it's pretty graphic

Last edited:

Fleurrose

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not only would that have made for an interesting character study it would, it would also offer a nifty explanation for all those events that the novels portray completely differently than the anime. After all Takeru is not writing anything during his adventures, we're talking about Takeru somewhere around his late thirties trying to piece together what happened over 20 years ago. And as an adult you don't really remember most things from when you were 8 that clearly, so there could be parts that might be completely different just because back then he remembered it in an exaggerated or childishly rationalized fashion.
usa today protonmail
Thank you so much for this! I've been waiting so long for info about volume 3 of the novels (hopefully we'll get a full translation someday!).

Last edited: