Drama CD + Novel translations

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, crap. This is embarrassing. Apparently I deleted the pictures when I bought the books. Sorry, everyone. I could take pictures, but it wouldn't be as good as the original scans.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking through all of the links in the first post, I've spotted at least one broken image in each of the following:
* Digimon Tamers: Original Story, Message in the Packet
* Bokura no War Game storyboard descriptions
* Digimon Tamers: Heartwarming Picture Book
* Digimon Tamers: Tamers in Holiday

Also, the two interview links now redirect to the main WtW page.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello, thanks Sabrblade, I'll see about replacing the broken images as soon as I can.

Just wondering right now if someone here is interested in editing the first 2 Adventure novels while I finish up translating the third, then edit that one.
I've had a few responses to editing help in the past, only for them to disappear. Book 1 is ready in Word format to send right away; I would just need someone to edit it around and give me feedback on the layout for the rest of the books.
Book 1 is roughly 120 pages.
Knowing the grammar is nice, but English native speaker isn't necessary.
I'd like to tentatively finish all 3 books by November, when Tri comes out. Please message me.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are you looking for when it comes to editing? I actually already edited your translations of the first two books and saved them to my hard drive, so if you'll give me some guidelines I'd be willing to do it again.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are you looking for when it comes to editing? I actually already edited your translations of the first two books and saved them to my hard drive, so if you'll give me some guidelines I'd be willing to do it again.
Wao, you are pretty awesome. Let me reply back to your pm.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey Onkei, while I understand you have so many projects to work on, could you tell me how much progress you've made with the third novel? It would give me some peace of mind if I knew approximately how long it would take for the translations to hit your blog. Thanks for doing such an awesome job! :)

Stingmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the translations you've done so far and I appraise the hard work you put in. I am wonder when the translation of the third novel will be up?

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pardon me stealing onkei-kun's job (and bumping a month-old thread), but I'm currently reading the third novelization, and can give a few details. It's fairly revisionist in its depiction of events; a few examples (mostly from skimming through before actually getting to the third volume):

-Wizarmon thanking Tailmon while dying, stating he's glad they met and that his life would have been meaningless had they not (did Kakudo watch the dub?)
- Fantomon is briefly mentioned when the Bakemon abduct Taichi's parents, and isn't killed during Angewomon's first appearance - instead, he's among those eaten by the bats.
- Yamato actually meets with his mother again, and she's present during Zudomon's first appearance. The parents later meet up, and the novel says that while Takeru and Yamato were happy to see their family again, the parents can't feel the same way.
-Taichi briefly bumps into Daisuke in the park, and we later hear a snippet of Daisuke's thoughts while he's among the captured children.
-Oikawa is briefly mentioned while Takeru and Natsuko reminisce over the Hikarigaoka incident from four years earlier.
- Piemon's keychain shtick from the anime is excised; he instead pulls a chainsaw on War Greymon and attempts to saw his legs off. Oddly, the novel includes a black and white shot of him with everyone as keychains.
- Angemon does not become Holy Angemon until the fight against Apocalymon

RDNexus

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the supposed extended backstory related to Apocalymon?

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the supposed extended backstory related to Apocalymon?
Haven't gotten that far yet, unless said extended backstory has something to do with all the Adventure antagonists being connected (i.e. Etemon and Vamdemon communicating, plus Piemon learning of Devimon's defeat).

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that was known already from Onkei's translation of the first two volumes. Actually, if xrick is talking about something else, I'd like to hear what he had in mind. Thanks, by the way, Yasushi.

RDNexus

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The thing related to the previous Chosen Children and the speculation of the Holy Beasts.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The thing related to the previous Chosen Children and the speculation of the Holy Beasts.
Tailmon mentions the Holy Beasts by each individual name, but isn't sure how they got sealed away (is this the directors shrugging a la the black ball Piemon put in Gennai?), and the novel doesn't say anything about previous Chosen Children.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Holy Angemon appears only in the final battle against Apocalymon, who defeated Piemon in the novels?
War Greymon and Metal Garurumon defeat him together. Also of note, Skull Satamon and Marine Devimon appear as Piemon's underlings, and participate in the final battle.

Kuzehiko

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the epilogue of the novel? I'd like to know what's about, I've been waiting for it for so long to know. Would you mind to tell me what's it about please?

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The epilogue isn't anything too special - it's literally a single page. That said:

-Sora quits soccer and starts taking flower arrangement lessons with her mother.
-Yamato starts associating with more people and gets better at expressing himself.
-Koshiro becomes more progressive with life, starting a computer club at school.
-Jo decides his own path is to become a doctor, and the narrative says he couldn't forget the deaths he witnessed.
-Mimi buys a new hat, the same style as her original.
-Takeru starts crying less.
-Taichi and Hikari still remember her old whistle, and the novel's last line is that winter was approaching.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The epilogue isn't anything too special - it's literally a single page. That said:

-Sora quits soccer and starts taking flower arrangement lessons with her mother.
-Yamato starts associating with more people and gets better at expressing himself.
-Koshiro becomes more progressive with life, starting a computer club at school.
-Jo decides his own path is to become a doctor, and the narrative says he couldn't forget the deaths he witnessed.
-Mimi buys a new hat, the same style as her original.
-Takeru starts crying less.
-Taichi and Hikari still remember her old whistle, and the novel's last line is that winter was approaching.
Thank you very much!

At least I got to know it, I'm enough satisfied. By the way, do you think Adventure 02's events happened in the novel timeline after the end of the novel? is there anything in the novel to confirm it?

Last edited: