Drama CD + Novel translations

the comp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=FeiHung link=topic=1250.msg35960#msg35960 date=1171523844]
I'm just putting this out on the floor, but someone should remind Daisuke there is nothing wrong with more than one partner XD. It's great to finally get at stuff without having to switch languages all the time; thanks and keep the good stuff flowing ^_^
[/quote]
.....i didn't think of that. pehaps davis WAS her partner. after all, if one knows the ryo games, veemon wasn't origonally davis's anyway.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few more novel chapters. <-- So much writing and it's still little less than half of the first episode. OTL

[quote author=daisukanator64 link=topic=1250.msg36672#msg36672 date=1171906576]um so there's no way you can download the first thing with davis[/quote]

You probably have the files by now through some means, but I'll upload them to MU anyway~

guilmon93950

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you so much! These are awesome! I am working on some digimon fanfics that I later intend to make into movie scripts, and these are really helpful to me. Thanks!

Chaotic Fear

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These translations are hard to find. Thanks for putting them up, they're really informative. Are they all considered canon?

It makes sense if Jun got a Mikemon. Agumon is to Veemon as Gatomon is to Mikemon, sort of. And Mikemon's possible evo, Bastemon/Persiamon, has in it's profile that it has a fearful relationship with Nefertimon.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Chaotic Fear link=topic=1250.msg44371#msg44371 date=1175401176]These translations are hard to find. Thanks for putting them up, they're really informative. Are they all considered canon?[/quote]

The CDs are produced by Toei, and the novels are co-written by Digimon Adventure's director and scriptwriter, so I'd say they are.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The novels can't be canon if they're different from the Anime (unless the Anime is not Canon). They can, however, be Official..

The Drama CDs are probably Canon, at least until declared otherwise.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Golux has a point. ^^

Novel is updated. I hope there are some descriptions in there that'll answer a few questions. =D

Michi e and Frontier's Original Story dramas had been coming along nicely, then put on hiatus while I worked on other things. Depending on how efficiently I can finish a few other translation projects first, you'll be seeing them shortly.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for bumping. D:

Something new for you to twist your mind over. The source is from the "Bokura no War Game" storyboard. I plan to add something about Omegamon's evolution sequence in there one day... just thinking of a way to do so without scanning since I don't want to ruin the spine.
Novel and drama cd translations are being moved, so no further updates on them until I've completed that.

Clogon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow THANKS onkeikun!!!! I learnt quite a bit from that. Didn't know Miyako had as sister nor that Ryo had a cameo apperance in the movie.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those who don't know yet, there are new drama translations available (check the first post).

Other drama CDs and more are in the works. All future translations of whatever Digimon stuff I have will be posted at Digital Scratch from now on. I've only been posting updates on a single LJ community, so I'll need your help to pass along new information if I skip forums. Hope you enjoy. :)

SSJ Jup81

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=onkeikun link=topic=1250.msg161889#msg161889 date=1246674344]
For those who don't know yet, there are new drama translations available (check the first post).

Other drama CDs and more are in the works. All future translations of whatever Digimon stuff I have will be posted at Digital Scratch from now on. I've only been posting updates on a single LJ community, so I'll need your help to pass along new information if I skip forums. Hope you enjoy. :)
[/quote]Awesome! I can't wait to take a quick look. Thanks! ^_^ Oh, is there any more news about the novels?

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=SSJ Jup81 link=topic=1250.msg162081#msg162081 date=1246837737]
Awesome! I can't wait to take a quick look. Thanks! ^_^ Oh, is there any more news about the novels?
[/quote]

They're being slowly worked on due to my attentions divided between my job and another project. ^^; But I really want to get them out in time for this year.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dvd boxsets came with two booklets, one of which had interviews from some of the cast and staff. I thought I'd translate them as my little contribution for 8/1. I say "little" because it's incomplete... I definitely didn't have time at all the previous months to finish the booklets in their entirety, but I plan on posting up 1-2 interviews per day as of now. I'll edit this message as I do.
Also, I don't have the Tamers and Frontier boxsets, so I don't know what their interviews are like. Maybe some day.
Hope you like them, they're filled with some nice info.

Interview with:

-Digimon Adventure-
Toshiko Fujita and Chika Sakamoto (Taichi and Agumon)
Yuuto Kazama and Mayumi Yamaguchi (Yamato and Gabumon)
Yuko Mizutani and Ai Maeda (Sora and Mimi)
Masami Kikuchi and Umi Tenjin (Jyou and Koushiro)
Hiromi Seki and Hiroyuki Kakudou (Producer and Series director)
Satoru Nishizono (Main writer)

-Digimon Adventure 02-
Reiko Kiuchi (Daisuke Motomiya)
Junko Noda (V-mon)
Ro Mi Park (Ken Ichijouji)
Rio Natsuki (Miyako Inoue)
Megumi Urawa (Iori Hida, Armadimon)
Hiroaki Hirata (Narrator, Mr. Ishida, Young Gennai)
Atsushi Maekawa (Main writer #1)
Genki Yoshimura (Main writer #2)
Hiromi Seki (Producer)
Hiroyuki Kakudou (Series director)

I also have romanized lyrics of the newest Digimon song released today, "Mirai e no Tobira ~Ano Natsu no Hi Kara~" sung by various Digimon artists. I'll fill in kanji and translation either after my copy arrives or if I find the lyrics online. They were done by ear, but for those who got their CD today, hopefully they'll be something to sing by. :]

megadeoxys

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, what are those CD-Dramas everyone's talking about?

Vande

I am Justice
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=V-dramon link=topic=1250.msg164232#msg164232 date=1249204175]
So, what are those CD-Dramas everyone's talking about?
[/quote]

CDs from Japan that have additional stories about Digimon characters.

megadeoxys

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, cool!
where can i get my hands on some of those?

EDIT:
LOL, i feel like an idiot, first post!
nevermind me.