Dorulumon & Ballistamon Preview for Booster Set 10

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks like it's time for the ongoing card previews for Booster Set 10 to start! And we start off with a few obvious choices for an Xros Wars themed set, which we got smaller previews of earlier...
booster10dorulumon_april14_2022.jpg
booster10ballistamon_april14_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter. This time it's Dorulumon & Ballistamon.

We saw them small earlier, but both show off the characters at the same location quite well, giving Dorulumon a combined mechanical and organic look, with Ballistamon having a very robot look that fits him perfectly.

Previous previews for Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter:
Packaging, Shoutmon, Shoutmon x4, Taiki, & More

Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter will be out on May 27th.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2.

We have the first details for Starter Decks 12 & 13 Jesmon & RagnaLordmon.

We also have the first details for Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 9,101

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dorulomon's mix of mechanical and organic traits is not an unusual combination for digimon, but it's cleaner, less visceral design in comparison to peers and the lack of a clear division between it's mechanical and organic components has unsettled me since I first saw it, in a negative way.

I have come to appreciate it more for these very design decisions, however. And I feel this art makes me like it more.

Ballistamon is just a big cutie, and I love it's toyetic design. I don't know how it's personality is in the anime, but I like it a lot. And this art showcases it well.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dorulumon
Beast | Champion | Xros Heart
[This card can digivolve from a Lv.3 Digimon with [Xros Heart] in its traits for 2 memory]
[When Played] If you have another Digimon or Tamer with Xros Heart in its traits, one of your opponent's digimon gets -3,000 DP until your the end of your opponent's next turn.
[When Destroyed] <Save> (You may place this card underneath one of your Tamers)
<Inherited Effect>: [Your Turn] While this Digimon has [Shoutmon] in its name, all of your opponent's security digimon get -2k DP.

Ballistamon
Machine | Champion | Xros Heart
[This card can digivolve from a Lv.3 Digimon with [Xros Heart] in its traits for 2 memory]
[Opponent's Turn] While you have another Digimon or Tamer with Xros Heart in its traits, this digimon has <Blocker>.
[When Deleted] <Save> (You may place this card underneath one of your Tamers)
<Inherited Effect>: [Your Turn] While this Digimon has [Shoutmon] in its name, this Digimon gains <Piercing>.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I might have missed something, I still don't understand the purpose of the number below card rarity.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So both can evolve from Shoutmon due to their effects I find that slightly amusing like imagine in the anime they both used to be Shoutmons. These effects prob would've worked better for Shoutmon x2/3 but either way basically both these guys want to evolve from Shoutmon rather than insert lv2 Digimon here

I might have missed something, I still don't understand the purpose of the number below card rarity.

Rotation. So if they decide to go "for this tourney you can only use cards with a 02 on it".

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rotation. So if they decide to go "for this tourney you can only use cards with a 02 on it".
So, so far it's been only used in tournament or event right?

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So both can evolve from Shoutmon due to their effects I find that slightly amusing like imagine in the anime they both used to be Shoutmons. These effects prob would've worked better for Shoutmon x2/3 but either way basically both these guys want to evolve from Shoutmon rather than insert lv2 Digimon here

Is that really how they work? I assumed they still had to follow the color since the card doesn't mention you can ignore it for it's evolution requirements. Was kind of expecting them to pick two other Child-level Xros Heart Digimon and make them Yellow and Green, respectively.

Pleasehearmyopinion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The stage these guys are standing on Kinda reminds me of the Stage Shoutmon and Co. sang Butterfly at the end of The Xros Wars manga.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Is that really how they work? I assumed they still had to follow the color since the card doesn't mention you can ignore it for it's evolution requirements. Was kind of expecting them to pick two other Child-level Xros Heart Digimon and make them Yellow and Green, respectively.

I think so? There's also the blue betel gammamon that can evolve from red gammamon. Unless that isn't how that works either. Guess someone else will be able to clarify?

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There would be no need for the [Xros Heart] clause if they were just going to limit it to the same Color (at the same Memory cost too). These alternative evolution clauses don't need the "ignoring evolution requirements" condition, because they themselves are evolution requirements.

The "ignoring evolution requirements" condition is for applying alternative evolution methods that doesn't inherently exist on the affected Digimon (even Beelzebumon BT2-111's alternative evolution method is not inherent to the card on its own; requiring a specific condition to fulfill before being usable).

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, so far it's been only used in tournament or event right?
It's never been used. Currently, the blocks in the Digimon TCG have no actual effect - the designers are just hedging their bets on eventually, theoretically, needing to make them into a real thing.

It's far too early to even begin considering set rotation, significantly older and more established card games have died doing that.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There would be no need for the [Xros Heart] clause if they were just going to limit it to the same Color (at the same Memory cost too). These alternative evolution clauses don't need the "ignoring evolution requirements" condition, because they themselves are evolution requirements.

The "ignoring evolution requirements" condition is for applying alternative evolution methods that doesn't inherently exist on the affected Digimon (even Beelzebumon BT2-111's alternative evolution method is not inherent to the card on its own; requiring a specific condition to fulfill before being usable).
Oh, OK, I understand, thank you. I completely missed the cost being the same, this would have been pointless, that's true.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the on-stage motif of the art!

D O R U g o r a m o n

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I was expecting, the inheritables explicitly require "Shoutmon" in their name to prevent hybrid jank.

However, Red Hybrid can still evolve into OmniShoutmon so theres still some fun to be had.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that I think about it, Ballistamon looks like he should evolve into E-123 Omega from Sonic the Hedgehog.