Donations for tri and Zero-Two

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Decided to call for donations earlier than a few weeks before release so anyone who wanted to help could help without it being a last minute thing.

I had hoped to be able to cover tri myself, but my upcoming (and slightly unexpected) move is going to be pricier than I thought, despite ending up a few miles away in the same city (California prices, yay!)

Paypal is godofchaos@gmail.com If you have another payment method that you believe will work feel free to PM or email me.

The goal is so WtW can get a copy of the Amazon exclusive BD versions of both tri. 1 and Zero-Two.

tri 1 is out on December 18th for an MSRP of 8000 yen (at current exchange rates roughly $70.)

The Zero-Two box will be out March 2nd of next year for an MSRP of 59800 yen (roughly $500.)

I hope to do full teardowns the content in a similar way to what I did for the Movies and Adventure boxes:
Digimon Movies BD-Box Release Thread
Digimon Adventure BD-Box Release Thread

I've preordered tri and 02 from Amazon JP so as to take advantage of any potential discounts that might show up (as Amazon JP charges you the lowest price in-between when you order and when it ships.)

One or two people have contacted me in private wondering if I'd nab the tri DVD also to do a comparison of it with the Blu-ray and dig into it for people interested in importing the DVD later. I'd say something like this should probably be up to the community. If we get donations for tri on BD and the Zero-Two box, do we try and get the tri. DVD also for comparison's purpose?

Should I do anything different when I make the release threads when the disks come out? Anything additional that I should go into when they come out? Let me know and feel free to discuss, as since this is the first time we are getting a premium release in the form of tri I'm a bit more open to suggestions than I normally am to make sure this is as good for the community as possible.

Any donations are appreciated and I look forward to hearing suggestions on changes to make in the release threads for these upcoming Blu-rays.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vande and a few other people have asked me how many donations there have been towards tri and 02 since this thread has gone up.

$0

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you want something for your donation, here is a list of extra things I currently have digital keys for, given to me either as extras in bundles, things I don't want, or things given to me. PM or email me a fair offer at the same email listed in the first post.

Some other keys are in the midst of being transferred to me and confirmed, I will add to the list as I get more, and remove as things are taken.

Games
Canabalt Steam
Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack Steam
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit Steam
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 Steam
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 Steam
Broken Age Ouya
Galcon Fusion Steam
Frozen Synapse Steam
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key
Fieldrunners Steam
X-COM: UFO Defense Steam
X-COM: Terror from the Deep Steam
X-COM: Interceptor Steam
X-COM: Enforcer Steam
X-COM: Apocalypse Steam
Mass Effect 2 Steam
Dragon Age Origins Steam
Dead Space 2 Steam
Bejeweled 3 Steam
Star Trek Steam
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Edition Bundle Steam
Castle Crashers Steam
Movies
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Television
The Flash (2014) Season 1 2 copies

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone asked for a proper list of where all donations could potentially go.

The primary goal of course-

Getting the Amazon versions of tri 1 on BD and 02 on BD.

I preordered the cheaper versions also just in case and I can cancel either version at will as necessary.

A few people wondered about having me do a proper look-see at the DVD version. This isn't an impossibility but I feel like it'd have to be donated by people who specifically want it, as the entire disk is just likely to be 'the Blu-ray but less'

Beyond that, there are various tri and Digimon products coming up that could be gotten and have materials scanned like I used to do, things like CDs. If donations were to really blow up I imagine I'd look at various miscellaneous products and start doing full photo galleries.

Further down the list would be replacing my ancient scanner I scan everything with (for awhile I was using a slightly better scanner on an AiO printer but that printer is no longer available to me to use.) My scanner is an Epson from... 2003 or so, and I have to reinstall a hacked together driver every time I plug it in because it isn't supported on modern operating systems, and the custom driver only notices the scanner if it's plugged in when the driver is installed. (Edit- Looking around it appears it's actually 2002.)

If we don't hit specific goals or blow past everything, then we revisit random products coming out with all of you to see what you guys want a closer look at.