Donations for tri and Zero-Two October Update

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought I'd give everyone an update on donations.

Will quote prior information posts on the subject before the update.

Decided to call for donations earlier than a few weeks before release so anyone who wanted to help could help without it being a last minute thing.

I had hoped to be able to cover tri myself, but my upcoming (and slightly unexpected) move is going to be pricier than I thought, despite ending up a few miles away in the same city (California prices, yay!)

Paypal is godofchaos@gmail.com If you have another payment method that you believe will work feel free to PM or email me.

The goal is so WtW can get a copy of the Amazon exclusive BD versions of both tri. 1 and Zero-Two.

tri 1 is out on December 18th for an MSRP of 8000 yen (at current exchange rates roughly $70.)

The Zero-Two box will be out March 2nd of next year for an MSRP of 59800 yen (roughly $500.)

I hope to do full teardowns the content in a similar way to what I did for the Movies and Adventure boxes:
Digimon Movies BD-Box Release Thread
Digimon Adventure BD-Box Release Thread

I've preordered tri and 02 from Amazon JP so as to take advantage of any potential discounts that might show up (as Amazon JP charges you the lowest price in-between when you order and when it ships.)

One or two people have contacted me in private wondering if I'd nab the tri DVD also to do a comparison of it with the Blu-ray and dig into it for people interested in importing the DVD later. I'd say something like this should probably be up to the community. If we get donations for tri on BD and the Zero-Two box, do we try and get the tri. DVD also for comparison's purpose?

Should I do anything different when I make the release threads when the disks come out? Anything additional that I should go into when they come out? Let me know and feel free to discuss, as since this is the first time we are getting a premium release in the form of tri I'm a bit more open to suggestions than I normally am to make sure this is as good for the community as possible.

Any donations are appreciated and I look forward to hearing suggestions on changes to make in the release threads for these upcoming Blu-rays.
Someone asked for a proper list of where all donations could potentially go.

The primary goal of course-

Getting the Amazon versions of tri 1 on BD and 02 on BD.

I preordered the cheaper versions also just in case and I can cancel either version at will as necessary.

A few people wondered about having me do a proper look-see at the DVD version. This isn't an impossibility but I feel like it'd have to be donated by people who specifically want it, as the entire disk is just likely to be 'the Blu-ray but less'

Beyond that, there are various tri and Digimon products coming up that could be gotten and have materials scanned like I used to do, things like CDs. If donations were to really blow up I imagine I'd look at various miscellaneous products and start doing full photo galleries.

Further down the list would be replacing my ancient scanner I scan everything with (for awhile I was using a slightly better scanner on an AiO printer but that printer is no longer available to me to use.) My scanner is an Epson from... 2003 or so, and I have to reinstall a hacked together driver every time I plug it in because it isn't supported on modern operating systems, and the custom driver only notices the scanner if it's plugged in when the driver is installed. (Edit- Looking around it appears it's actually 2002.)

If we don't hit specific goals or blow past everything, then we revisit random products coming out with all of you to see what you guys want a closer look at.

If you want something in exchange for your donation I have various digital redemption codes, feel free to PM or email me an offer. Additionally things will be listed as I'm sure I have the keys in hand.

Games
Canabalt Steam
Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack Steam
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit Steam
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 Steam
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 Steam
Broken Age Ouya
Galcon Fusion Steam
Frozen Synapse Steam
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key
Fieldrunners Steam
X-COM: UFO Defense Steam
X-COM: Terror from the Deep Steam
X-COM: Interceptor Steam
X-COM: Enforcer Steam
X-COM: Apocalypse Steam
Mass Effect 2 Steam
Dragon Age Origins Steam
Bejeweled 3 Steam
Star Trek Steam
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Edition Bundle Steam
Castle Crashers Steam
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena GOG/DRM-Free (Includes remake of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay)
Metal Slug 3 Steam
Double Dragon Neon Steam
Movies
Jurassic Park 3
Jurassic World (4 copies)
Cinderella Man, Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, Robin Hood, Hulk (Eric Bana), Fearless (Choice of one of these 4, 2 copies)
Dracula Untold
The Amazing Spider-Man
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Mission Impossible 1 thru 4 (Pick 1)
Television
The Flash (2014) Season 1 (1 copy remaining)
Comics
Captain America: White #1
Uncanny Inhumans #1
Karnak #1

And for the actual update.

Thus far we are sitting at under $100 total. From this point forward, based on what is collected from here on to a week or two before the 02 set comes out, Seymour will donate an amount based on a specific percentage of each donation made that he and I are both aware of (meaning Seymour's total donation will be based on what everyone from here on out donate.) Think of it as a donation to help With the Will, or think of it as a donation to hurt Seymour's bank account if you want.

Paypal can be sent to godofchaos@gmail.com
You can also use my Paypal.me link
If you have another way to donate please feel free to PM or email me.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated a few of the movie choices.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tri BD v1 is basically covered (with extra donations there is the possibility of being able to get ahold of and scan the theater version BD for any packaging differences, and if anyone wants to donate specifically to also get the DVD, that is still possible.)

Me and another staff member are going to cover the tri singles ourselves.

If by the time it comes to scan the CDs (late November) if people donate at least half the cost of the new scanner I'll figure out a way to cover the other half if need be.

Zero-Two and any additional stuff needs serious donations to happen, but there is quite a bit of time before that's out.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated some of the content choices.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Odds of being able to get ahold of a theater copy of the Blu-rayhave gone up. Someone is going to try and nab a copy for us and if so I'll pay them back the MSRP of it.

Extra content will be scanned and gone through of course.

I covered the rest of a new scanner myself.

Donations for 02 and other potential things are still needed and will be appreciated.

Trying to fix an order issue that happened with the scanner. If the order of the scanner gets delayed I'll still scan the CD covers with what I have on hand then redo them once the new scanner shows up (hopeful it'll show up before though.)

Updated the content list above, but pasting the updated version here also

If you want something in exchange for your donation I have various digital redemption codes, feel free to PM or email me an offer. Additionally things will be listed as I'm sure I have the keys in hand.

Games
Canabalt Steam
Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack Steam
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit Steam
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 Steam
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 Steam
Broken Age Ouya
Galcon Fusion Steam
Frozen Synapse Steam
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key
Fieldrunners Steam
X-COM: UFO Defense Steam
X-COM: Terror from the Deep Steam
X-COM: Interceptor Steam
X-COM: Enforcer Steam
X-COM: Apocalypse Steam
Mass Effect 2 Steam
Dragon Age Origins Steam
Bejeweled 3 Steam
Star Trek Steam
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Edition Bundle Steam
Castle Crashers Steam
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena GOG/DRM-Free (Includes remake of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay)
Metal Slug 3 Steam
Double Dragon Neon Steam
Movies
Jurassic Park 3
Jurassic World (4 copies)
Cinderella Man, Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, Robin Hood, Hulk (Eric Bana), Fearless (Choice of one of these 4, 2 copies)
Dracula Untold
The Amazing Spider-Man
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Mission Impossible 1 thru 4 (Pick 1)
Television
The Flash (2014) Season 1 (1 copy remaining)
Comics
Captain America: White #1
Uncanny Inhumans #1
Karnak #1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We still quite need donations, but after (various) issues my new scanner has shown up.

Good timing also... I was going to do a comparison scan with a game cover, and I was having issues getting my old Epson to start up (drivers no longer exist for it, I have to reinstall drivers from a different scanner every time I plug the scanner in, and change a bit in the installer, the models are close enough that that will normally get it to work until I unplug it.) I expect if I fought with it a bit more I could have got it working, but it seems a bit crazy to go to the effort when the new scanner just arrived (I gave up after about 10 minutes with the old one... traditionally it takes another 15 or 20 minutes to get it working.)

I did a comparison with the new scanner and the current all-in-one I have (the current all-in-one is not the nice scan model I've mentioned before, that printer went caput while I was helping my brother print a project.)

Not embedding them since the filesizes are a bit large. This is a crop of a small area of a recent videogame cover.

http://i.cubeupload.com/VnHDbJ.png
'Old' All-in-One at max settings, unedited minus crop, PNG compression.

http://i.cubeupload.com/lmmp6Q.jpg
New Scanner, unedited minus crop, JPG compression (cubeupload wouldn't take the PNG, to large.)

The maximum DPI of the scanner is high enough that it actually goes past what the scanner can properly save at the size of a game case, so I had to turn down the quality a touch.

If I can get the old scanner working one more time I will scan it on that also.