Does Shoutmon Evolve from Amon?

Takeshi55

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look pretty similar and dying Shoutmon looks like Amon with legs.

Maybe living under Goddramon's armpit gave it delusions of grandeur, so it vowed to be king once it evolved.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any digimon can evolve from any other digimon, theoretically. So sure, if that's what you like.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting theory I guess, but no. I'm 99.99999999% sure that wasn't what they were going for, but as Jay said, if you want to believe it you could

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While this idea could be pitched to the Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships thread (V 3.0), the similarities seem to be superficial here. We don't know Amon's level (and, for that matter, I don't believe there's a source for their being Small Dragon Digimon on Wikimon either), so they really could be higher-level Digimon for all we know. Compared to Goldramon, Amon and Umon are actually of decent size, so I think there's room to say that the fandom jumped to a number of conclusions on the duo.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol, obviously no. How would a dragon lord evolved into a small dragon like Shoutmon?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I wouldn't use the evolution either. Summoning a pair of "Baby" Digimon isn't a very impressive attack for an Ultimate like Goddramon, and it's hard to imagine a Baby Digimon "governing destruction."