Does anyone read the Digimon manga's?

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since I see most of everyone talk about the anime and games lately so much, I was wondering if anyone read the manga's like V-Tamer, Next, and Xros Wars. Anyone want to compare them to the games and anime?

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've read V-tamer. But that was about it. Haven't finished it either. But I think it's a tad more interesting than the anime sometimes.

Kovokashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've read a bit of V tamer and the entirety of Next. Next is definately worth a read. You can see the elements they took and used in Savers.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've read all the mangas. Generally their plots tend to be better than the anime plots.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think many people here have read the manga but they're obviously not the hottest topic of discussion right now because they aren't really new. We got an anime and games coming out very recently whereas the manga have been out for forever so...

Generally V-Tamer is my favorite "Adventure" part of the franchise. The tactical focus of the fights is something that the anime never matched and the dynamics between characters are also really great.

Next was quite good, I'd describe the scope and pacing of the story as quite "cinematic" but in general I feel like next is pretty much the most formulatic shounen entry in a franchise of lots of formulatic shounen stories. Next definitely shines in the art department though; Takeshi Okano might not be a Kentaro Miura or Takehiko Inoue but some of the detailed close ups of the digimon simply look great.
Kovokashi said:
I've read a bit of V tamer and the entirety of Next. Next is definately worth a read. You can see the elements they took and used in Savers.
I don't think there are any actual similarities between next and Savers besides the main character's evo lines.

As far as Xros Wars goes... it had much more epic battles than the anime, gave characters the evolutions they deserved and was pretty good overall. I'm not really a big fan of how they squashed together all the other continuities but I guess some people love that part too...

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All of V-Tamer, C'Mon Digimon, all of what little there was of Chronicle, all of D-Cyber (which I regret since it wasn't good), all of NEXT, and only Volume 4 of the English Tokyopop Adventure manhua.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've read them all many times for various reasons. So many times....

V-Tamer I really enjoyed it's own story. I actually perfer this Taichi over the anime Taichi! (The Digivice 01 was awesome)

NEXT was ok. Bugged me a bit at times. It had some links to Savers, just different characters.

Xros Wars Defo better than the anime! It had more Xros' as well and seemed to handle things better.

D-Cyber, would have been better had it not been so rushed.

Chronicle...not enough of it, ended too much on 'make your own mind up about what happens next'

Tokyopop Manga - rushed too much of 02. Otherwise ok for what it was.

The Frontier Manga English Books - too many freaking mistakes with the names of the angels...

C'Mon Digimon was a nice little thing on it's own. Nicely wrapped up as well for a one shot.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as I know, those haven't been translated yet, so it's kind of hard to do anything with them but look at the pretty pictures.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
which one of them you want to see as an anime?

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as I know, those haven't been translated yet, so it's kind of hard to do anything with them but look at the pretty pictures.

They haven't and moving swiftly on (cause yeah we can't talk about THAT)...

I know we had a similar thread on which one we'd like to see as anime before. But what the hey. V-Tamer for me! I would like to see it as a few OVAs, movies or short series.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I own all the Digimon mangas including all the volumes the English Tokyopop Adventure manhua. I agree with TMS, the plots are awesome. I wish some of the elements in them would have made it into the anime. My favorite is Chronicle and D-Cyber but there just wasn't enough.