Do you think the Digimon TCG will have set rotation?

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been wondering you guys think this game is going to remove older sets from competitive play as newer sets are released, like Pokemon or Magic: The Gathering, or if it will just maintain a banlist like Yu-Gi-Oh. I know the ones that rotate old sets out offer alternate formats that let you play with most old cards, but it isn't part of their main competitive scene usually.

To my understanding, card games that rotate out old cards are less popular in Japan, so I think this game will just have a banlist. I would prefer this honestly, I think it's fun to be able to mix and match cards from across the lifespan of a card game, even if game balance can be difficult to maintain this way.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I'd prefer a banlist. The charm (to me) for Yugioh compared to other cardgames is that even old cards could be good with new support. (Which has happened quite a lot throughout the years). It's really fun to see a card being used a lot after it was disregarded years earlier.

Besides that, if I was an actual player, I would be less willing to buy a deck/cards for do I know how much money, knowing they may get rotated out after a couple of months and be not playable anymore.

zerorynga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I looked online about Bandai's card games such as Battle Spirits and Dragon Balls Super Card Games, it seems that both those card games have banlists instead of set rotation, so I think it's very likely that we will be having banlist for the Digimon Card Game as well.