Do you think meiko should appear in future adventure installments

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I can tell I think tri is suppose to be a canon story following the previous adventure story line.

And even tho meiko left in the end of tri I'm assuming she's an official member of the og digidestined.

Besides I felt tri planted seeds for things for meiko in the future for example it seems the last 2 tri movies were setting up a tai and meiko relationship.

And besides that it's hinted to me that meiko should of received a crest. Why I say that is we see the art of the digidestined outside the movie had the crest colors associated with them. The color associated with meiko was red violet. Also even in the final movie posters the digivices shined their crest colors. And since there was so many parallels with Kari I was obviously expecting her to receive a crest of darkness. Which might not necessarily be right since crests are suppose to embody positive emotions but we do see negative emotions can also trigger evolutions so dark crests should also be possible.

None of this happened but since a new movie is coming there's a chance meiko might reappear and these things might occur. Also there was a lot of plotlines not addressed in tri like dark gennai and maki. So I'm expecting the next movie to be an extension of tri.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
personally i really hope she will appear and meicoomon as well because i really wanted meicoomon to be saved and i feel like she didn't deserved what happened to her

and i don't know why people thinks that meiko should have the crest of darkness? and even if she had some negative emotions in the past she didn't seems as dark as some other characters like ken or maki also we know that meicoomon has a good evo line so if she will get a crest it will probably be 1 that lets meicoomon evolve into that line

Last edited:

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like I said meicoomon parallels gatomon a lot so makes sense if that was the case. Also in karis case it doesn't appear she's harnessing any emotions to use her crest. Unlike other digidestinee who had to harness their crest abilities Kari was able use her' s right after receiving her crest. Kari might be like calumon who can intrinsically harness the power of digivolution and the crest of light is that in it's purest sense. Then a crest of darkness wouldn't require negative emotions to use but naturally use the power of digivolution.

We see even tho Kari has the crest of light she's still vulnerable to the powers of darkness like the other digidestined so maybe meiko could be immune to it's influence. Also we've seen dark digidestineds already in the adventures universe who can control the powers of darkness example being ken. So it's completely possible a crest of darkness could exist.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as they do something with her character and isn't just a pointless cameo then I'm fine with her returning.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, a cameo at the least. Don't make someone, focus on them for nearly 5 years then pretend they didn't exist (and before someone comments, the 02 cast still showed up in Tri)

and Meiko for sure needs the crest of Darkness. Dark =/=. There was also Koji's brother in Frontier who was the darkness spirit

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of course she needs to show up again. We get Meicomon back and she gets a crest and she evos correctly.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another case for other crests is we see Ken has one in season 2 two crests were needed to in real each sovereign. So it stands to reason the crests of kindness has a crests it's paired with making 10 crests in total and it would be ironic it's associated for both dark digidestineds.

We see there were 5 original digidestined so tapirmon was obviously suppose to evolve fanglongmon. Fanglongmon is suppose to have power over light and darkness. Giving even greater reason to believe a crests of darkness could exist.

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 02 cast did not show up in Tri! That is not showing up! They were mentioned, treated as a side thing and pushed aside. T.K. and Kari who were part of the darn 02 team didn't even acknowledge this at all! *breathes out* I am calm now.

I hope Meiko does not return. A waste of a character I feel.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 02 cast did not show up in Tri! That is not showing up! They were mentioned, treated as a side thing and pushed aside. T.K. and Kari who were part of the darn 02 team didn't even acknowledge this at all! *breathes out* I am calm now.

I hope Meiko does not return. A waste of a character I feel.
We saw them twice

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We saw them twice
We did! They had two minutes of screen time, entirely in silhouette, either falling over or lying down. Two of them were lucky enough to be named aloud. Good times.

If Meiko returns it'd be nice to see her in an actual arc. Something more involved then feeling really bad.

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to assume Muur is trolling if she/he considers that as appearing and move to the question. I wonder if Meiko does return, will Meicoomon be reborn as a good digimon?

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to assume Muur is trolling if she/he considers that as appearing and move to the question. I wonder if Meiko does return, will Meicoomon be reborn as a good digimon?
Should be. Because she no longer has the black cube that's making her crazy

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In that case, I would be willing to give her another chance and see how the bond re-develops.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was an appearance, if you like it or not. So they are not trolling. And you can stop the 02 whining. We've warned you about this before. It's nothing to do with the thread.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't want to see her back. I'm kinda sick of her, and I think that if she would appear again, she would ruin the show once again. We have enough characters in Adventure and Zero Two, another one is not needed. I hope Meiko will share the same fate as Wallace (except Wallace was actually interesting).

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The sequel has different directors, right? That alone can affect how well a character is handled. I think part of the difficulty is that tri. was, in many ways Digimon Adventure: Meiko's Story. I don't think it was necessarily bad (I rather enjoyed it), but there was definitely a shift in focus. It also seemed to be done in a way that somewhat detracted from really getting to see her character fleshed out. For the sequel, we also have a time jump of, what, 5 years? If Meiko's a human being, she's going to behave somewhat differently. If the sequel is truly intended to be a swan song of sorts for the Adventure universe, it would seem odd not to include her in some way. Hopefully with good writing.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was rewatching tri movie 6 and something I didn't pay attention to it seems meikos digivice with the other digidestined help trigger omnimon merciful mode evolution.

I wonder if she will still be necessary to still use that form. Also her dad's apart of the digimon organization so I would assume she would still be an important character we would see even if she doesn't return to being a digidestined.

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've heard rumours that it's an Adventure 01 reboot from people though so technically it should only include the original eight because well, 02 and Tri haven't happened yet.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The sequel has different directors, right?
We don't really know anything about the Staff yet. The same people from tri could be behind it or maybe someone else. All we know is that Kakudo is no longer involved.

I've heard rumours that it's an Adventure 01 reboot from people though
Those rumors have basically been debunked by now as pretty much everything we found out about the new project after the initial announcement speaks against them. It was never more than a random guess based the announcement's wording.

Last edited:

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do we definitely know about the upcoming movie?