Do you think Bandai will release other Digimon V-Pets here in the west?

Scrungo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at the good sales the Tamagotchi re-release had in the west, Bandai released the Tamagotchi ON, which is basically a model of Tamagotchi that was released in Japan last year called the Meets. I would personally call what Bandai did a test to see if people not in Japan were still interested in V-Pets, and since there was interest in them, they released a new model of Tamagotchi and might even continue to release newer and newer models.

So looking at that, and looking at what Bandai is doing with the Digimon 20th anniversary English release, do you think if it gets good enough sales they'll release the Pendulum 20th, or even the X series? It might just be wishful thinking, but I really hope so!

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would LOVE it if they did. I don't know if Bandai thinks the Digital Monster 20th did well enough to warrant it or not though.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They'll prob do one, it'll fail due to everyone getting the DM20 due to nostlagia, and then theyll die again until the 30th anniversay pet.

GK45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazon can hardly keep them in stock. If that is due to small shipments or just demand I don't know.
Either way, that probably means they are outselling expectation. Which bodes well for future releases.

Cenrji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it would be nice definitely, but do feel it's somewhat unlikely.
I always feel it's a bit of a shame how the V-Pets are one of the main things that makes Digimon's identity (and initial popularity in Japan), but yet it's almost never really acknowledged at all in western territories. Ah well.

Last edited:

Torterenek

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw pendulum 20th English version on amazon. So I think they might do more. It was about $105 though.

Megatronacepticon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like to see a wave 3 of the English DM20 that has Meicoomon on it, although I don't know if it's all that likely since 4 devices with the same egg would be a little much and many of us are already pretty DM20'd out. If a wave 3 did come to fruition they could further incentivize purchase by adding the V6 egg to it, the Megas of which presumably being HerculesKabuterimon and either MetalEtemon or Pukumon, an evolution of ShogunGekomon seen in other media.

I would love a Pendulum 20th English version because the roster of available Digis is so large and it would be great to be able to see their names in English. I know there's an English setting in the debug mode, but that's risky and I've already lost my save data on the Beelzemon device once and don't want to risk it happening again or worse bricking the device altogether.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they will keep them coming. Fingers crossed anyway.

Samtheweebo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I contacted customer support and asked them if they were going to release anymore digimon devices. The response I got was:

"Bandai America Incorporated appreciates your support of Digimon.

As many decisions on what items are released here in North America are based on various factors, we have not yet heard that other devices will be released. "

Odditude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I guess that is a no.
But we will see if they release something to commemorate the continuation of the new anime or the dub release of it.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this is an older post but yes, we are fairly sure that another Digivice is coming to the West, although all signs point to it being another 20th.
The US Bandai website's Digimon page is exclusively listing all the 20ths at the moment which is a good sign when it follows the Bandai Facebook page asking customers what colors they would like to see future V-pets in last month
edit: I forgot to mention, they also are currently selling the Last Evolution Digivice in the US, although I unfortunately predict poor sales results as it's exclusively a roleplay toy and not a virtual pet raising game

Last edited:

Samtheweebo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I guess that is a no.
But we will see if they release something to commemorate the continuation of the new anime or the dub release of it.
Not exactly a no, there are currently no plans with regard to other devices. There could be in the future but at least now some random Bandai customer service agent hasn't been told anything about it. Basically the only thing I really learned is that nothing new is planed for the near future or if there is they are not ready to talk about it.

Odditude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this is an older post but yes, we are fairly sure that another Digivice is coming to the West, although all signs point to it being another 20th.
The US Bandai website's Digimon page is exclusively listing all the 20ths at the moment which is a good sign when it follows the Bandai Facebook page asking customers what colors they would like to see future V-pets in last month
edit: I forgot to mention, they also are currently selling the Last Evolution Digivice in the US, although I unfortunately predict poor sales results as it's exclusively a roleplay toy and not a virtual pet raising game
I had completely forgotten that we might be getting a wave 3 ^^'

Not only is the Last Evolution Digivice a role-playing toy, but a very expensive one to boot!

clc88

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I recently got back into V pets and I would definitely buy localized versions of Pendulum line ( X, Progress and 20th), I think the pendulum mold looks superior to the normal vpet mold.

I also like many of the unique pendulum features ( like the X having that Xai display next to the LCD, the rogress having more detailed sprites and how every Digimon can evolve into anything, and the 20th being a hyrid of the original line and the pendulum line).

Im not too hot on Digivice though because they require too much attention.

ErifNeerg

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I love playing with my 20th anniversary, I don’t see it taking off here. Without some sort of supplement anime to support it, tiny pixel monsters aren’t too interesting to kids. If the screens were backlight and color I could see a possibility. I only bought my original vpet when the anime came here.

Samtheweebo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Kids today have so many more engaging options when it comes to play. Kids have phones which have full color screens, access to most of the information in the world, access to a ton of different games, tv shows, and other content. I don't think many, if any, kids would really be interested in V-pets. I am amazed that they are still viable in Japan even. I personally love them and I will always hope that they will be brought over, but I think it's amazing that they brought the 20th over, even though it's basically a nostalgia cash grab.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Digivice 20th as well as the Pendulum 20ths, Digital Monster X, and Last Evolution device were products produced primarily for Adults and even for that market they have a sort of niche feel with their 90s black and white low pixel count displays. Hopefully the Adventure: anime Digivice for the new show succeeds in being appealing to kids