Do you guys think there will ever be a sequel to Appli monsters?

Dodonick96

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as I've enjoyed it (I must admit that it was a pleasant surprise), I think the ending leaves an open door for a sequel. For example, the issue of
Yujin's "death"
. I know Haru has said He will do will do everything in his power to try to bring him back (and maybe he will succeed one day), but I'd like to see how he will make it. What do you think? I think they could make a sequel set a few years later (2-3 years) with Haru and the others trying to bring
Yujin
back and face a new enemy. After all, they've made one to Xros Wars and there wasn't any need for it.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though I enjoyed Appli monsters but given the lack of merchandise and any news regarding Appli monsters I don't think there will be a sequel at least for a while...my impression is that Appli monsters didn't do well in Japan in both anime and merchandise pretty much like Xros Wars (although technically it is one series with 3 separate arcs)

Dodonick96

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though I enjoyed Appli monsters but given the lack of merchandise and any news regarding Appli monsters I don't think there will be a sequel at least for a while...my impression is that Appli monsters didn't do well in Japan in both anime and merchandise pretty much like Xros Wars (although technically it is one series with 3 separate arcs)
Really? I thought that at least the anime did farly well.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really? I thought that at least the anime did farly well.
Again my impression is that lot of western audience really liked it (especially the second half of the series) but it was kind of so-so among Japanese audience...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t know. Hunters won some kind of “best of the year” award over there. Appmon, from all I’ve heard, did well also, except for the 3DS game.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked it but I doubt it. Shame though, they probably could do more. I don't think we're doing sequels anymore. ...Minus Adventure stuff.

Ellie98

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope so, as I'm not happy with an open ending (I mean Haru and the others could revive Yujin right away, but they didn't). IMHO, the series has all it takes to have a sequel. I guess they are just focusing on last evolution and Adventure's OVAs at the moment, so let's wait and see.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as I love Appli Monsters and would love a sequel, I'm pretty doubtful one we will see one any time soon. Maybe give it a few years and we'll get a drama CD or something.