Discotek has Digimon Adventure- New Digital Remaster on Blu-ray- Dub First, Sub Later

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Discotek Media announced on their Mega Discotek Day livestream that they have licensed Digimon Adventure.

The entire series has been remastered using the new generation upscaling known as AstroRes for a new Blu-ray release, repairing various composite video artifacts from when the show was originally made.

The English dub, made by Saban Entertainment, will get a Blu-ray first, later followed by a release of the uncut Japanese version.

I'm the producer of the releases. Onkeikun & Chris McFeely have both been pulled in to help in various ways.

Updates coming momentarily, as I'm in the midst of announcing the new release.

Preview of the packaging and some additional details.

A look at in progress disc labels.

The remastering that's being done.

A few are being put back together from Japanese source footage to deal with video issues that have been around for 20+ years.

A comparison with the Japanese Blu-rays.

Screenshots showing detail from the new upscale.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 17,904
Last edited:

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fiiiiinally. Hopefully this bodes well for the movies too, but yay. Thanks for this Marc!

DigimonFan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Blu-Ray previews look great. Episode 7 of Adventure had a "ghosting" problem even on the DVD release, but it looks fixed here.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally! Subbed Adventure is finally making a comeback, and with a physical release no less. Here's hoping we can get the later series and movies, as well (probably not a concern if Discotek's thorough treatment of the Lupin franchise is anything to go by).

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice! Having this release being produced by a die hard Digimon fan means it will get the absolute respect and love it deserves. Congrats on the achievement, Marc! I'm sure you'll give us something special.

Dunno how plausible it is, but if you guys could absolutely cram the release with all the Fox Kids promos you can get your hands on, that'd be pretty okay by me. ;)

I'm familiar with Chris McFeely, but who's Onkeikun?

Last edited:

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What an insane get for Discotek. I always love when they're able to score a "mainstream" popular show because these are going to rake in some serious nostalgia cash from the general public and they deserve every penny of it.

What most fascinates me is the comparison to the Japanese blu-ray masters. As one of those crazy fans who paid an arm and a leg to import all of the Japanese Digimon blu-rays thus far, the video quality for Adventure left... a lot to be desired. Seeing that comparison and knowing that most of that blurriness will be removed and most of the detail will be restored is a great feeling. I don't regret buying the Japanese blu-rays even for a second, but double-dipping to own a set with improved picture and actual subtitles is a no-brainer. I'm less interested in the dub release, but I'll be buying it anyway to show my support and I really appreciate the extra effort to make it look and sound as good as possible.

Can't wait to hear more about the subtitled set. If Onkeikun's helping with the subtitles themselves I'm gonna lose my mind.

DaemonCorps

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Congrats on producing Marc!

idk what the rights are with the movies, but I hope Discotek nabs the rights to those as well. Would be hilarious if they were able to release the dubbed version of the theatrical movie complete with 'murican pop music. At the very least Discotek is well known for packing their releases to the brim with extras on top of giving them wonderful remasters, so I'm looking forward to picking up the dub and sub versions!

xBenji65

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome. Hope the Japanese version gets a nice cover.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the dubbed version I would be really happy if they sing English version of Butterfly for OP and I wish & Keep on for ED...

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm shocked it took this long to get a HD version of Adventure tbh (dubbed at least, though the 2016 Japanese version doesn't even look that good... or that's just comparing to the 2022 lol). I guess people can now show if there's interest (as in, enough to warrant doing it) for Japanese versions of the show on DVD like this

If you are in charge of the subs of the Japanese version hopefully you can correct some of those God awful spellings like "Orgemon" to "Ogremon", would be nice for that to be correct for once.

Acadow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is kinda cool~ Everything is so clear XD
I might even get this.
But it just makes me think how much cooler Tamers would look with this. Either way, awesome to see.

Cardcaptor Takato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Congratulations to Marc, Onkeikun and Chris McFeely for getting to work on Digimon! I never thought we would see subbed OG Adventure on BD so this is very exciting news after all these years. The remastered quality looks great and I love the artwork on the discs for the dub set. This is also great timing with the Adventure: reboot dub coming out soon. I'm wondering if it can be said yet if the subtitles on the new BD release will be the same subs on the recent international Crunchyroll streams or will it be a revision of them or an entirely new translation? Because I recall the new Crunchyroll streams outside the US are a new translation.

Chudix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope that characters names in Japanese uncut version will be left in original forms like Taichi, Tailmon, Yamato etc.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
FN29CxoUcAAl48o

This shot in particular is gorgeous to me. Is that Gabumon under Greymon's chin?
AstroRes is like magic, a lot of these comparisons make me feel like I'm visually impared while taking off and putting on my glasses.
I'm also a huge fan of those concept arts for the disc designs. They're really fun!

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Discotek being based as usual, of course. I'm more excited about some of the non-Digimon things they have right now (their eternal service to the mecha community in subbing shows that have languished without them for decades soothes my embittered heart, especially since a year ago it looked like Baxinger and Sasuraiger might never be done and now both are coming), but the fact that they made the quality good enough that Bandai/Toei/whoever wanted their source is amazing and I'm going to remember to bring it up in my regular "discotek is based as hell" conversations with people who don't know about them.

Mugenlazlo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they put the other English dubbed seasons on Blu-ray (Adventure 02, Tamers, Frontier, Data Squad, and Fusion).

Jscarlos18

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice! Hopping they bring it to Europe too.

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fantastic news. I just got the DVD version, I might not double up on the bluray but the Japanese version is a must of. Much respect for all the work put into this release. This show deserved it.