Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I checked the threads and couldn't find anything like this so I thought I would ask the question. What does everyone think about the DIM cards being one use ? Unless ofcourse you get intouch with Bandai and they somehow reset it. Do you prefer them being one use so instead of selling you can keep it for your collection? Or would you rather use it once and then be able to sell it?

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a discussion in one of the news threads (I believe the FAQ one). But doesn't really hurt to have it's own thread.
Whoops your right I just had a Look and whats even more funny i was a part of the discussion. I guess I forgot but thanks for leaving it up I'm hoping people can get into deeper discussion about the DIMS here on this thread.

Vittorini

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn’t know it was one shot.

This is really disappointing. :/

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Vittorini it seems you can still use your DIMs as many times as you like on your VB especially when you don't have the phone app to store Digimon in, but yes they only work on the same VB unless you contact Bandai Customer support to reset the DIM (or reset the VB? I'm not even sure how this works) and Bandai is probably only going to do so if you claim there has been a mistake or accident to your devices. All of what Sarabande mentioned are still problems

Anyways, yeah, I have a large amount of distaste for this feature. It creates more sales for Bandai but also creates quite a good number of needless hurdles to jump through if something happens to the device or you want to upgrade/change your device and it creates a lot of needless concerns for the future of what you're purchasing as a consumer

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This only means that DiM cards are going skyrocket in price as time goes on. Probably even higher than most Digivice toys. So if you’re remotely interested it’s best to buy now.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This only means that DiM cards are going skyrocket in price as time goes on. Probably even higher than most Digivice toys. So if you’re remotely interested it’s best to buy now.
I'm very interested in the VB I have so much hype for it it's driving me crazy that and survive. It's funny you say that about purchasing now because literally an hour ago I purchased the Agumon and gabumon DIMs and the blucomon and vorvomon DIMS last week. I should be getting the black roar with my VB because I pre ordered on the 12th of Dec so the only one I will be missing is the shadow howl which from what I have read on the forum is kind of a fuck around to get because it has something to do with postcards or something. But it doesn't matter because I'm not interested in the black metalgarurumon line anyway. The only shit thing is I dont think I will be able to get omnimon zwart which I'm guessing is a favourite of yours because of your name. Maybe I'll be able to buy it down the track because I do love omnimon zwart aswell.

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very interested in the VB I have so much hype for it it's driving me crazy that and survive. It's funny you say that about purchasing now because literally an hour ago I purchased the Agumon and gabumon DIMs and the blucomon and vorvomon DIMS last week. I should be getting the black roar with my VB because I pre ordered on the 12th of Dec so the only one I will be missing is the shadow howl which from what I have read on the forum is kind of a fuck around to get because it has something to do with postcards or something. But it doesn't matter because I'm not interested in the black metalgarurumon line anyway. The only shit thing is I dont think I will be able to get omnimon zwart which I'm guessing is a favourite of yours because of your name. Maybe I'll be able to buy it down the track because I do love omnimon zwart aswell.
Yeah. For now I’m skipping Shadow Howl as well. I’m sure there will be resellers at some point. I am clearly an Omnimon Zwart fan but if the price isn’t right I already know I gotta skip.

I’m actually more upset I’m missing the Veemon DiM that comes with the ugly yellow bracelet.

I expect at some point these DiMs to go on sale. Also I’m leaning towards these VB and DiMs to be rereleased for a WW/English release at some point. I see they are “gonna look into importing them” but I’m doubtful so I’ll get the Japanese one for now and if the US has new stuff I’ll jump on that one too.

But yeah. I just hate to see fans get caught with that nasty Digivice resale price so I recommend buying the DiMs at least now. Those will be where I see most people losing their money later.

My crazy logic on why I think DiMs are gonna be gouged like crazy is the Xros Loader. The Xros Loader didn’t go up much in price. However the Digi-Memories and Crown Codes are currently impossible to find, or being sold 4-10x the price

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm ok with not getting the Veemon dim because honestly I'm not a fan of his and I despise the yellow/green VB i went with the black one which was my favourite. It doesn't worry me if we don't get the VB released in english because the VB itself I will be used to and the app aswell. If it does come out in english I won't be buying one because I'll obviously already have one all I will do is download the English app and obviously the DIMs will work on any VB no matter where the VB is from so yeah.

Yeah. For now I’m skipping Shadow Howl as well. I’m sure there will be resellers at some point. I am clearly an Omnimon Zwart fan but if the price isn’t right I already know I gotta skip.

I’m actually more upset I’m missing the Veemon DiM that comes with the ugly yellow bracelet.

I expect at some point these DiMs to go on sale. Also I’m leaning towards these VB and DiMs to be rereleased for a WW/English release at some point. I see they are “gonna look into importing them” but I’m doubtful so I’ll get the Japanese one for now and if the US has new stuff I’ll jump on that one too.

But yeah. I just hate to see fans get caught with that nasty Digivice resale price so I recommend buying the DiMs at least now. Those will be where I see most people losing their money later.

My crazy logic on why I think DiMs are gonna be gouged like crazy is the Xros Loader. The Xros Loader didn’t go up much in price. However the Digi-Memories and Crown Codes are currently impossible to find, or being sold 4-10x the price

Last edited by a moderator:

Vittorini

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So no Shadow Howl For me as well. It’s ok, I just wanted the Black Roar DIM, and I’m not even sure to get it.

I’m still happy with Agumon and Pulsemon.

Now I would pay anything for a Guilmon DIM. If it happens, I hope it will be easier to get. A Dukemon Crimson Mode would be awesome.

Digi-Sohei Shinzou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Texas, USA / Eastern Sector, Digital World
It's driving me a bit crazy that the Dim ID-binds to the first bracelet it's mounted in, I'm not happy about it one bit.

I'm hoping there's a way to back them up though, the pin-out looks identical to a MicroSD card, which means a pc may be able to read from them.

But I also think that there's a possibility of rendering the Dim useless if you try that lol, so such an experiment could be potentially costly.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So no Shadow Howl For me as well. It’s ok, I just wanted the Black Roar DIM, and I’m not even sure to get it.

I’m still happy with Agumon and Pulsemon.

Now I would pay anything for a Guilmon DIM. If it happens, I hope it will be easier to get. A Dukemon Crimson Mode would be awesome.
Yeah the shadow howl doesn't really interest me but having said that I would like to eventually add it to my DIM collection.
It's driving me a bit crazy that the Dim ID-binds to the first bracelet it's mounted in, I'm not happy about it one bit.

I'm hoping there's a way to back them up though, the pin-out looks identical to a MicroSD card, which means a pc may be able to read from them.

But I also think that there's a possibility of rendering the Dim useless if you try that lol, so such an experiment could be potentially costly.
What do you mean when you say mounted in?

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm hoping there's a way to back them up though
I think that the last VB related FAQ did confirm backing up Digimon data to the app but the device itself can only store data on up to 2 Digimon and how the backups can be assigned to new VBs is still unclear. Unfortunately when the data on 2 Digimon in the VB is lost, it's probably lost forever.
Admittedly, this makes the DIM ID binds probably not nearly as bad as my mind likes to make them out to be but still not the best of fans towards it

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure why they went with dim cards instead of like paid dlc that can be downloaded or something.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure why they went with dim cards instead of like paid dlc that can be downloaded or something.
this! I loved them when I thought of them like trading cards but now that they lock onto 1 VB, I would rather get a DLC version you download to the app over a physical card. Physical only seems appealing for if you don't want to/aren't able to download the app or get the NFC working

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These watches don’t have internet connection, therefore can’t have DLC. If the DLC was transmitted via NFC, it would be hacked within minutes. I think the DiM cards were their best route to be accessible by kids and adults with limited options.

I don’t care for the dim cards because I’m afraid to lose them. I have a feeling they’ll always be pretty expensive too.

AKluthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These watches don’t have internet connection, therefore can’t have DLC. If the DLC was transmitted via NFC, it would be hacked within minutes. I think the DiM cards were their best route to be accessible by kids and adults with limited options.
Which has had me wondering how exactly Bandai support plans to reset the lock if something happens to the device.

They're not connecting to a database to check serial numbers. And there's nothing for Bandai to reset remotely since they're not accessing the internet.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which has had me wondering how exactly Bandai support plans to reset the lock if something happens to the device.

They're not connecting to a database to check serial numbers. And there's nothing for Bandai to reset remotely since they're not accessing the internet.
my fear is what I'm going to do, a non-Japanese speaker who also doesn't live in Japan, if I require a reset on my device. I know it's technically my fault as this was never meant to be a product that left Japan but still

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

my fear is what I'm going to do, a non-Japanese speaker who also doesn't live in Japan, if I require a reset on my device. I know it's technically my fault as this was never meant to be a product that left Japan but still
I think everyone here is overthinking the whole lock thing. I'm pretty sure it won't happen unless people don't know how to take care of things. Everyone has to stop talking like its a sure thing to happen lol. This thread was supposed to be about DIMs :s