Dim Card Set Vol. 3 Hermit in the Jungle & Nu Metal Empire Pre-Orders Open, plus 1st Images

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dimcard3_1_june20_2021.jpg

We found out the names of the Volume 3 Dim Cards awhile ago, and pre-orders are finally up at Amazon Japan!

The set featuring Hermit in the Jungle & Nu Metal Empire shows a release date of August 31st.

dimcard3_3_june20_2021.jpg
dimcard3_2_june20_2021.jpg
dimcard3_4_june20_2021.jpg

The images of the Dim Cards themselves show off one Digimon each for the new Dims.

Toropiamon is shown off for Hermit in the Jungle.

The 2010 version of MetalGreymon is shown off for Nu Metal Empire.

They're about 2 months away at this point, so no doubt more details to come.

Attachments

• dimcard3_1_june20_2021article.jpg
    dimcard3_1_june20_2021article.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 11,212

JungleTrooper

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The August edition of V-jump could leak any day now, couldn't it? It might give us a general overview of the expected lines (and more).

Jazamon and Pomumon are my guesses for the Child-forms.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalGreymon 2010 isn't who I would've guessed. maybe it'll have Gaossmon and greymon 2010

The August edition of V-jump could leak any day now, couldn't it? It might give us a general overview of the expected lines (and more).

If the Project Digimon 2021 episodes are meant to display playable Digimon, Palmon makes the most sense. Palmon is random otherwise

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the Hades? MetalGreymon Xros threw me off. I prefer Rebellimon over him for the cover of Metal Empire.

I swear if they actually didn't include a certain member of Ten Ancient Warrior like AncientMermaimon who got excluded for Mermaimon and Neptunemon instead.... Ughh

Look like they are saving up for Virus Buster lastly?

Mobius-D

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalGreymon 2010 isn't who I would've guessed. maybe it'll have Gaossmon and greymon 2010

If the Project Digimon 2021 episodes are meant to display playable Digimon, Palmon makes the most sense. Palmon is random otherwise
You see, in my opinion palmon is the one who would be random alongside vorvomon, blucomon, sangomon and sunarizamon. Pomumon has always made a lot more sense and tropiamon just seems to seal the deal. Time will tell though.

JungleTrooper

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hmmm, you do have a good point. Why would Palmon have been shown, otherwise? Though I'm not 100% convinced yet, as Adventure 2020 could get its own separate volume of Dim cards, as these volumes seem to be greatly inspired by Pendulum Z's creatures. I think we'll once again see 1-2 entirely new Digimon, if we're lucky. But I don't think we'll get more than that: Plenty of fast machines and flying creatures already in existence to fill this one up.

@Sparrow Hawk I do think they're aiming for another Vital Bracelet volume (or 2) after these. I wonder if there are already rumours about those Nightmare Soldiers, as someone mentioned 'dynasties' or something a while back (besides the rumoured franchise cross-over one for next year).

Last edited:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Nu-Metal Empire"? I guess this Nu-MetalGreymon isn't just for show. (Unfunny Gundam joke is unfunny.)

For real though, this has me way more excited than the second Set.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Palmon and Tentomon have both been teased as partners so they might get a non themed set together like Agumon and Gabumon that just had their lines and some other random Digimon.

JungleTrooper

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Palmon and Tentomon have both been teased as partners so they might get a non themed set together like Agumon and Gabumon that just had their lines and some other random Digimon.
Yeah, another set of GP (Gashapon, 'random') additions based of protagonists from the series would make sense. Like the upcoming Tamers Dim Cards, and the Gabumon/Agumon ones you mentioned.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah, another set of GP (Gashapon, 'random') additions based of protagonists from the series would make sense. Like the upcoming Tamers Dim Cards, and the Gabumon/Agumon ones you mentioned.
The GP series has been discontinued. A continuation of the Ex series is the most likely case. And if they go the same route as the AguGabu Dims and only use Digimon who appeared on-screen in Adventure:, we might even have a more coherent rost, with the amount of episodes since then.

JungleTrooper

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The GP series has been discontinued. A continuation of the Ex series is the most likely case. And if they go the same route as the AguGabu Dims and only use Digimon who appeared on-screen in Adventure:, we might even have a more coherent rost, with the amount of episodes since then.
Aaah, interesting point! I doubt the rosters will have big surprises then, though. But I guess they'd still follow the 4 adults - 6 perfects - 4 ultimates formula.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn’t bet on new Digimon in NME.

But Hermit seems to be focused on plants, which are nearly nonexistent at Perfect and especially Ultimate. Unless Rosemon, Lotusmon, and Rafflesiamon are going to be filling up 3 slots they’re gonna need something new there.

JungleTrooper

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

But Hermit seems to be focused on plants, which are nearly nonexistent at Perfect and especially Ultimate. Unless Rosemon, Lotusmon, and Rafflesiamon are going to be filling up 3 slots they’re gonna need something new there.
While I hope you're right, Pinocchimon, AncientTroiamon, Xuanwumon and Eldradimon could also be candidates for the Ultimate slots.

EDIT: And Ceresmon, don't forget Ceresmon.

Vittorini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would pay anything for Ceresmon. Anything !

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg Hermit in the Jungle and Nu Metal Empire finally, I hope Palmon and RizeGreymon is in, things are coming to my fortune.

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

While I hope you're right, Pinocchimon, AncientTroiamon, Xuanwumon and Eldradimon could also be candidates for the Ultimate slots.

EDIT: And Ceresmon, don't forget Ceresmon.
Don't forget Bancho Lillymon too. I'd love if she appeared... totally not biased at all... nope.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
god I hate the Xros Wars Greymon line, what an unnecessary visual mess.
I am really excited to see what the new rosters bring and hopefully we get to see new digimon. I really want to see more plant digimon as I feel like we're still lacking in diverse plant digimon.

It would be cool if we can start having 2 rookie levels so we can have both Palmon and Pomumon

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that's somewhat unexpected. I mean, after not being in Mad Black Roar, as Dorulumon was in True Shadow Howl, I think MetalGreymon (2010) will be in Agumon (2006)'s Dim, not in NME. I think, the Child form in NME will be Jazamon. Now it's a little bit different because every digimon in Dim covers is the "main" evolution of the Child digimon in that Dim.
HotJ will have Pomumon for sure.

Last edited:

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was surprsied when I saw Metal Grey 2010

I expected Junkmon- for no reason other than vol 2 had 2 of the new mons from Z as the rookies, and name wise for Vol 3 It definitely sounded like 2 more - making me expect vol 4 to be NSo and Virus Busters (Ghost and Tapir are my guesses based on no evidence other than vol 2 covers + vol 3 names)

But looking at the Nu Metal Empire Cover mon my guess is Jazamon since Gaos would make more sense if it had ANY other name. But I could totally see Jaza>Mailbirdra>MetalGrey 2010>Zeke, Plus the obvious Jaza line That'd leave 2 adults, 4 perfects, and 2 megas to be revealed (plus whatever on the baby side)

Pomu makes the most sense- at face value and such for Toropia because they were clearly designed as a group. But like its been mentioend before the lack of a Palmon DiM so far makes me go 50/50 on Pal and Pomu.