MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
v3dim1_june15_2022.jpg
v3dim2_june15_2022.jpg

After a long journey with lots of mistranslated listings (and an early listing last year that had wildly different details) the V3 Dim Card Set is finally up to pre-order and we have details!

The V3 Dim Card Set continues the Ghost Game line of Dim Cards and features Espimon & Ryudamon.

Espimon was teased with a monochrome image in the newest issue of Saikyo Jump, so this is the first time we see him in full color. Ryudamon is a longstanding and well known Digimon, who generally is paired with Dorumon due to their evolutions.

v3dim3_june15_2022.jpg
v3dim4_june15_2022.jpg

Both appear using anime style artwork, as you would expect since the 'V' line of Dim Cards are connected to the Ghost Game anime.

Dim Card Set V3 Espimon & Ryudamon is available to pre-order now. Amazon JP lists a release date of August 6th and it's 1,980 yen.

We'll see how/when they show up in the anime, and hopefully we get the evo paths for the Dim Cards soon.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 7,926

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon looks a lot better in color. Hopefully we get more looks at him as there seem to be some more features to its design we can't see such as how its seems gelatinous, how its neck design looks a bit like teeth, and how it seems to have a button on its suit

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon still looks hella ugly, one fo the worst Digimon in the entire franchise honestly.

Probably wont be two rookies in these but if there are then Dorumon prob comes with Ryudamon.

Shame they didn't show their full trees like they usually do, would've been nice to see Espi's evos and see if theyre all ugly as sin

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that was not the color scheme I was excepting for Espimon. But it does look somewhat good on it?? I just expected purple for some reason haha
It definitely looks more like an Appmon than a Digimon, I really want to see its evolution tree to see where it goes!

I also hope to see multiple Child/Rookie Digimon in future sets, but I doubt it will be as extensive as the V-Pets before.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I was expecting it to be an orange bear myself so blue does look very strange but I'm growing to like it.

IIRC Espimon is supposed to show up in GG so I assume the reason they aren't showing the Evo-line is because of potential spoilers maybe?

I am curious if the pairing with Ryudamon is of any significance. :unsure:

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really wondering if Ryudamon is a partner. Digimon has only used a pre-existing 'mon as a main (ie, not supporting) protag's partner once, with Terriermon in Tamers, so this is odd.

Hoen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame they didn't show their full trees like they usually do, would've been nice to see Espi's evos and see if theyre all ugly as sin
Aside from the tamers cards, they never showed the evolution trees on Amazon pages. Besides, v3 isn't formally announced yet. We'll probably see the evolution trees in a few hours

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon was definitely green in my head before this reveal

Espimon still looks hella ugly, one fo the worst Digimon in the entire franchise honestly.
what would you do if Digimon became real and Espimon was your partner? :unsure:

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny seeing everyone's headcanon of what Espimon's colors would be. I expected pink, myself. With my guess on the suit varying wildly from grey, green, to orange and yellow.

Ryudamon is a surprise.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting combo, they seen to have a past vs future theme going on, but it's kinda odd they're using Ryudamon as Espimon's counterpart since it already forms a duo with Dorumon.

The fact they're using the anime art style instead of the normal Watanabe artwork does make me think they're going to be digimon partners in the anime, the question is how exactly.

(Forgive my unwanted theory mode but I'm kinda bored right now and have nothing better to do)

Karn EX made a theory video a while ago about how the digimon partners might be getting their ultimates thru jogressing with each other. I think this is likely, but instead of Agoramon and Jellymon fusing with Canoweissmon, I think Ryudamon and Espimon are gonna be secondary partners for Ruli and Kiyoshiro respectively. Ryudamon's old-school samurai look fits with Angoramon's personality and interest in history, plus Lamortmon already kinda has a rougue ronin thing going on so a full on samurai ultimate would make sense, meanwhile Espiomon's design works well with Jellymon's alien vibes and Kiyoshiro does have a connection with technology with his whole genius prodigy thing.

The only problem is that Hiro, the main protagonist of the show, would be without a secondary partner, which is very unlikely to happen... (My side theory for this is that his second partner is either gonna be Tailmon Uver or Gulus is somehow gonna become his own entity separate from Gamamon)

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny seeing everyone's headcanon of what Espimon's colors would be. I expected pink, myself. With my guess on the suit varying wildly from grey, green, to orange and yellow.
I know, right? So far we have 4 different colors wtw users thought it was

I expected the color for espionage be lite orangish/brownish
orange for espionage? That'd be as silly as having your ninja character wear orange- oh wait

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is such a bizarre combination. Is Ryuudamon going to join the cast of Ghost Game as well? I suppose it would be nice for him to step out of the shadow of DORUmon (and as a side note Ryuudamon totally should've been Takumi's partner in ReArise especially if they knew they wanted Gaioumon as the Ultimate).

Also, still no Angel DiM.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, Espimon being cyan makes the most sense as the Angoramon's evolution scene focuses on yellow while Jellymon's is magenta.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon's color is blue? I seriously thought it was colored brown or orange but I didn't expect this blue color made him look very... Gummy bear alien.

My honest opinion? Terrible. It feel way more less digimon-ish. Very so much Youkai Watch colors. But I want to see its evo.....

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I gotta say, Espimon looks alot better in colour and at this angle. I guess it's one of those digimon that's better in motion. Regarding the Kegend arms thing, maybe it's a Jetpack Legend arms and it's gelatinious body can actually melt into the suit for people to wear it or something.

I bet that they'll go for the two rookie structure with Ryudamon's dim. Also, anyone else thought Espimon was pink? I've been rewatching Saiki K. recently and I've got a pink=esper assoiation in my head now.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, the leaks was real, I knew it, Ryudamon looks good in anime and Espimon's blue color was a surprise.

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got it preordered thank you! I’m very interested to see what will Epismon become and I am glad Ryudamon is getting some love… now I hope mai mon Dorumon get’s a Dim real soon.

Loving Ghost Game finally got the chance to get up to date and it’s shaping up nicely.
Also, still no Angel DiM.
YES! I’m still waiting for that one and the Sacred Beast (Mitamon) Dim. I hope they didn’t get canceled.