Dim Card GP Series Announced as Ended

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bandai has announced, rather abruptly and silently via Digimon Web on Twitter, that the Dim Card GP series has been been discontinued and will end with the release of Dim Card GP Volume 1 Digimon Tamers, which has already closed pre-orders.

No further information was given. Unlikely many V-Pet related products (including the version Special Vital Bracelet itself), pre-orders were closed very quickly, and no second period was given.

It was assumed pre-orders ending early was based on high sales, but the negative reception might have just had them decide to put a sales ceiling in place and discontinue it quickly and quietly, since they hope for the Vital Bracelet to be a long term product.

This should have no effect on pre-orders placed.

Prior information on Dim Card GP Vol. 1 Digimon Tamers can be found here.

Attachments

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wait.. no Vol. 2 then?

poor Terriermon

Vittorini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the bright side, maybe we will have new DIM with more evolution lines.

I’m happy to have Guilmon but I’d love a Dukemon CM and a Beelzemon BM cards.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What? Discontinued already?! Damn, Terriermon didn't even got a chance to get Dim card and others, too.

No more new digimon then... They must have to search other ways to release somehow.

TheImpster

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope this means they decide to just give the Tamers Digimon proper dim cards

BtownKj

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I want are two impmons, hopefully I can still get my hands one it when it does come out.

bxalforce

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This means everyones gp1 dims have value

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this mean that the vital bracelets might be canceled completely as well or is this just Tamers related?

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still don't get why so many people assumed more of these would be Tamers-themed. It was called "DiM Card GP Volume 01: Digimon Tamers," not "Digimon Tamers Volume 01."

Even if the line continued the next one might've been Savers or Xros Wars-themed or whatever.

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this mean that the vital bracelets might be canceled completely as well or is this just Tamers related?
This only refers the the gatcha dims (they where not well received as they where random). So it looks like no more random dims. Aka normal dims still coming as expected.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope this means they decide to just give the Tamers Digimon proper dim cards
Aye. There's certainly enough Dragon/Youkai/Devil Digimon for each of these to get their own full DiMs.

BtownKj

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I want are two impmons, hopefully I can still get my hands one it when it does come out.
It would be via a re-seller. There will be no other 'orders'.
Sorry, thats what I meant, due it it having to be from resellers, hopefully the price wont be crazy to the point where i'm not willing to buy it.

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be via a re-seller. There will be no other 'orders'.
Sorry, thats what I meant, due it it having to be from resellers, hopefully the price wont be crazy to the point where i'm not willing to buy it.
Glad I gave in and bought the full set on eBay for $100 then they first got announced. I can only see them going up from here.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sad to hear this. I really enjoyed these and was excited for future volumes.

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad I gave in and bought the full set on eBay for $100 then they first got announced. I can only see them going up from here.
Freakin heck....for 8 total it only cost me just over £45 (and i got em all)
And some users had to buy 15 to get the full set. Also for me it would have been about $90 for 10 of them with the proxy I use, and that would not have even included the shipping to the US. $100 for all 4 with free shipping is not bad considering this.

for reference £45 is about $63, but I don’t see how you got them so cheap, unless that does not include shipping as they cost about $8 each on premium Bandai to begin with...

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Freakin heck....for 8 total it only cost me just over £45 (and i got em all)
And some users had to buy 15 to get the full set. Also for me it would have been about $90 for 10 of them with the proxy I use, and that would not have even included the shipping to the US. $100 for all 4 with free shipping is not bad considering this.

for reference £45 is about $63, but I don’t see how you got them so cheap, unless that does not include shipping as they cost about $8 each on premium Bandai to begin with...
Yeah, some people got lucky and some got screwed. Thats the point lol

Its fun. And this is coming from someone who bought 15 and didn't get the full set.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This only refers the the gatcha dims (they where not well received as they where random). So it looks like no more random dims. Aka normal dims still coming as expected.
Yeah I just thought of that after I made that comment. Honestly it makes sense. No one likes blind bag purchases. Especially for items like this.