Dim Card EX2 Digimon Tamers Pre-Orders Open, Plus Sprite Images

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tamersdims0_october31_2021.jpg

After an update on how the EX2 Dim Cards, featuring Digimon Tamers, would be changed a bit ago, it's time for pre-orders to open!

Plus...

tamersdims1guilmon_october31_2021.png
tamersdims2terriermon_october31_2021.png
tamersdims3renamon_october31_2021.png

We have sprite images for each of the Dims!

Pre-orders at Amazon Japan:
Dim Card EX2 Guilmon
Dim Card EX2 Terriermon
Dim Card EX2 Renamon

Each Dim Card is 1,100 yen and will be released on February 19th, 2022.

Previous details on Dim Card EX2 Digimon Tamers can be found here.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9,493
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, wow. Um... It's certainly a mixed bag. I like Guilmon's DIM art the most. That Devidramon and Siesamon? Mhaw! Honourable mentions to everymon else as well.

Terriermon is fine I guess. SaintGalgomon and Cherubimon Vice are looking a bit funky though. For Renamon, Lynxmon looks like a different digimon entirely, not saying the art is bad, just not particularly Lynxmon like. But what have they done to my poor boy Kumbirharamon? That shading is horrendous. Actual art's not too bad though. Parasimon's legs look short. Not really a fan of that sprite, it makes him look kind of underwhelming.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shipping costs on these are crazy - what's going on? Usually an order from Amazon Japan to my adress is 1500 yen. These are 6500 yen.

Madness!

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Four Dukemons, eh.

I love the sprites. All of them.

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shipping costs on these are crazy - what's going on? Usually an order from Amazon Japan to my adress is 1500 yen. These are 6500 yen.

Madness!
Not sure why yours was 6500 yen, mine was about 3600 yen to ship (tho about 6800 yen total for all 3 plus shipping). Tho still not a great price. The problem being that Amazon Japan does not offer much if any discount on shipping multiple items outside of Japan. So it would most likely be about the same price as ordering each one separately. This typically is because the shipping price goes up the larger the box and the more items the larger the box. That said it sucks with dims as the box they often send one in could hold 3 or 4 no problem and would cost the same to ship.

monkeybard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I can tell on the new packaging these Dims all give 4 storage capsules each in the VB lab, which has made them a whole lot more tempting....

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I can tell on the new packaging these Dims all give 4 storage capsules each in the VB lab, which has made them a whole lot more tempting....
This was expected (the original 3 pack that was on premium Bandai before it got canceled said each would come with 4 slots). And Gammamon came with 2 as well, so it looks like going forward the number of storage will vary from dim to dim.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Although they swapped it out because it was in the previous version, MedievalGallantmon was a better fit since the Orange Growlmon and Orange WarGrowlmon are there and now they just feel like filler instead of being there with their Mega form. Also caused four Virus Megas by switching in Gallantmon X. Three Data and one Virus was already bad balance and this becomes even worse with 4 Virus.

In Renamon's device having Kuzuhamon Maid Mode but not the base form is a little odd but then, ReArise also did that... At least she was in the previous Renamon DIM I suppose, but it still feels weird to only see the mode change.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
benefits of free amazon shipping~

Onterriermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen amazon have inflated shipping prices on pre-order items and then the shipping drops after release, presumably once they actually have the item in hand and can weigh it etc. No idea if they'd refund the difference in those cases though.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen amazon have inflated shipping prices on pre-order items and then the shipping drops after release, presumably once they actually have the item in hand and can weigh it etc. No idea if they'd refund the difference in those cases though.
I've read of people with similar experiences as this.

In my case I'm speaking directly to the cost of preordering dims - as that's my only experience with amazon japan.

Every other dim I've preordered from them (which is every release) has been an approx shipping cost of 1400 - 1800 yen. I always order the limit per customer, which has been 3 in every dim release on amazon to date.

It's not the end of the world. Shipping ends up being $10 per dim for me. Which is still much more affordable than using a proxy, considering both duty and custom fees are inlcuded. But most definitely a drastic change since the typical shipping cost per dim is $2 when I order from amazon japan.

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

In my case I'm speaking directly to the cost of preordering dims - as that's my only experience with amazon japan.

Every other dim I've preordered from them (which is every release) has been an approx shipping cost of 1400 - 1800 yen. I always order the limit per customer, which has been 3 in every dim release on amazon to date.

It's not the end of the world. Shipping ends up being $10 per dim for me. Which is still much more affordable than using a proxy, considering both duty and custom fees are inlcuded. But most definitely a drastic change since the typical shipping cost per dim is $2 when I order from amazon japan.
This is not a major change then, as for some reason ordering 3 of the same item most of the time does not change shipping cost. As I have been ordering every dim since release from them and the shipping on one of each has been 1400 - 1800 yen (the same as your price for 3). The difference here is that these are different items. Basically what it comes down to is it’s the same shipping to buy one of each or 3 of each. So for example ordering 3 Gammamon dims would charge the shipping of one item, but ordering 1 Guilmon, 1 Terriermon, and 1 Renamon dim would cost the price of shipping 3 items. Stupid, but that’s just how it is sadly.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This is not a major change then, as for some reason ordering 3 of the same item most of the time does not change shipping cost. As I have been ordering every dim since release from them and the shipping on one of each has been 1400 - 1800 yen (the same as your price for 3). The difference here is that these are different items. Basically what it comes down to is it’s the same shipping to buy one of each or 3 of each. So for example ordering 3 Gammamon dims would charge the shipping of one item, but ordering 1 Guilmon, 1 Terriermon, and 1 Renamon dim would cost the price of shipping 3 items. Stupid, but that’s just how it is sadly.
It is definitely different. My shipping quote for a single ex 2 dim is 3500 yen.

I understand what you're saying but I think there's more at play here.

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It is definitely different. My shipping quote for a single ex 2 dim is 3500 yen.

Ok now that is different, I have not seen a shipping price over 1800 yen for a single item before. Tho I have seen the 3500 yen range on 3 items before. Dang I heard shipping prices where going up but this is crazy. I just took it on sending the 3, but if this is the shipping for 1 dim from now on I may have to find a different place to place my orders as 3500 yen shipping on a single dim set might not even beat out the price of eBay scalpers anymore…

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ok now that is different, I have not seen a shipping price over 1800 yen for a single item before. Tho I have seen the 3500 yen range on 3 items before. Dang I heard shipping prices where going up but this is crazy. I just took it on sending the 3, but if this is the shipping for 1 dim from now on I may have to find a different place to place my orders as 3500 yen shipping on a single dim set might not even beat out the price of eBay scalpers anymore…
I'm glad the shipping did decrease a little after compounding - but its definitely expensive.

For someone like me who ordered 9 dims total this isn't unmanageable. But for someone who just wanted a single or one of each it's very expensive!

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm glad the shipping did decrease a little after compounding - but its definitely expensive.

For someone like me who ordered 9 dims total this isn't unmanageable. But for someone who just wanted a single or one of each it's very expensive!
It seems fine to me for some that just ordered one of each, as most times you can’t find dims cheaper then about $22 in the US (so if your ordering all 3 it still works) so that’s not to bad to know your going to get them with no issues. The problem would be if it stays at 3500 yen when I’m just ordering a single or double pack. As then that would not be a good deal.