Digivolving Spirits Garudamon on display at Anime Japan 2019, BWG Box Details?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A welcome update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After a bit of silence, a display at Anime Japan 2019 appears to show the next Digivolving Spirits figure will be Garudamon! The Digimon Adventure 20th Twitter shared a pretty nice photo of the layout!

It shows what appears to be a nearly finished Garudamon and Piyomon figures on display with the rest of the line

It appears this will be the next figure in the Digivolving Spirits line. A few Japanese mentions on social media who are getting their BlackWarGreymon figures seem to be suggesting Garudamon shows up on the BlackWarGreymon box also, but there are no photos yet to be sure of that.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A prototype of Piyomon/Garudamon was first seen at Digimon Thanksgiving last year. As was expected, major updates have been made since that early prototype.

Update- Another image of the display from 0tckU3mc7lOd2k8.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update- And some close up shots from amiami!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The figure looks pretty great close up (Piyomon does appear a bit chunky though.) The placards don't actually identify the figure as Digivolving Spirits 09, so it'll be interesting to see 'what' the back of the BlackWarGreymon box actually shows in that regard (if anything) once we get a photo of it.

As for other Digivolving Spirits we are waiting for...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A prior teaser on the Digivolving Spirits website had suggested Dukemon would be the next figure, and prototypes of the figure have been see going back to late 2017, at the same event we first saw artwork of the Piyomon/Garudamon figure.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We've seen artwork of Lilymon and Zudomon, the last 2 Adventure partners.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then there is artwork and a very early prototype of Ouryumon, along with artwork of a Beelzebumon Blast Mode/Impmon figure.

Hopefully more to come soon.

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

#05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

#06 AtlurKabuterimon: (Affiliate links)
Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at CDJapan
Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at Amazon USA

#07 HolyAngemon: (Affiliate links)
Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at CDJapan
Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at Amazon USA

#08 BlackWarGreymon: (Affiliate links)
The Japanese release was pre-order only at Premium Bandai
Digivolving Spirits #08 BlackWarGreymon at Amazon USA

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whew, that's a load off. While I'd love the series to continue indefinitely I know that's probably not realistic, but if we can at least get the og partners, everything else is gravy.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a feeling that Garudamon was going to be 09. Coincidentally, I just got my hands on the original Digivolving Birdramon to Garudamon in the mail a couple of days ago. All we need left are Palmon to Lillymon and Gomamon to Zudomon.

Zavier

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's really weird to see how far and advanced these figures have become. I remember way back when I just had the original WarGreymon figure.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks good but I’m passing just like on patamon and tentomon, definitely getting lillymon and impmon, and probably gallantmon, I really wish they would make a lucemon that shellforms into satan mode from the wings or even a lucemon to fallen mode that pops open the chest to switch heads and works like the old seraphimon digivolving figure with multiple arms and reverseable wings, I just want a kid lucemon toy

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a relief! I was worried they had stopped making them. I'm really looking forward to Palmon and Gomamon! I hope they make a few more.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a relief! I was worried they had stopped making them. I'm really looking forward to Palmon and Gomamon! I hope they make a few more.
I suspect Bandai may wait to be closer to the new Adventure movie before they realease Palmon and Gomamon.

That can help maximize sales

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suspect Bandai may wait to be closer to the new Adventure movie before they realease Palmon and Gomamon.

The new Adventure movie isn't coming out untill 2020.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not cool with waiting till 2020 if that’s the case, I just want them to hurry and finsh the season 1 cast, so they can hurry up the 2 tamers figures, though the figures are so nice that i kinda don’t want to play with them, less so for keramon I’ve transformed him a few times, but haven’t bothered with wargreymon, and have transformed the angewomon,
metal garurumon and alphamon once each.... I’m afraid to break them

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The new Adventure movie isn't coming out untill 2020.
well they do have guilmon, impmon, and ouryumon to fill space

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not cool with waiting till 2020 if that’s the case, I just want them to hurry and finsh the season 1 cast, so they can hurry up the 2 tamers figures, though the figures are so nice that i kinda don’t want to play with them, less so for keramon I’ve transformed him a few times, but haven’t bothered with wargreymon, and have transformed the angewomon,
I would say WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are the most solid of the figures when it comes to transforming back and forth. MegaKabuterimon is up there too. Angewomon is okay, but the whole "backpack being separate" thing hinders it. Diaboromon isn't bad but you have to watch out for a few tricky bits. Alphamon and MagnaAngemon are terrifying.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They can release the Tamer figures, before the Adventure cast. It wouldn't be the first time, as you can see in the first image of this thread.

My theory that they may wait to be closer to the new Adventure movie (I know this will be in 2020) is because they could maximise the sales for Palmon and Gomamon in this way.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly alphamon wasn’t bad, a little annoying, but not the terrifying monster that is mp megatron from takara
i kinda figured that magna angemon would be a pain, and keramon’s only annoying thing is trying to fit diaboromon’s legs under the shell, which never works for me so they hang out bent for some extra stability

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Garudamon doesn't become a Premium Bandai exclusive in Japan.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't mind waiting until 2020 if that's the case. I have to budget myself with figures anyway. As long as they're still coming, and I can get them, I'm happy!

Punknap

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I need me a palmon asap

King in Pink

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I too was starting to assume the line had died. It's very good to see this. I'm still not getting my hopes up too high until we get an actual official announcement. Showing up at a display unfortunately doesn't actually mean anything when it comes to Bandai.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I too was starting to assume the line had died. It's very good to see this. I'm still not getting my hopes up too high until we get an actual official announcement. Showing up at a display unfortunately doesn't actually mean anything when it comes to Bandai.
It wouldn't be weird that Bandai takes his time to release the figures in the line.

They want to maximize their profits, so they probably want to wait to be closer to the movie (which would be a promotion for merchandise sales).

Last edited:

King in Pink

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It woulln't be weird that Bandai takes his time to release the figures in the line.

They want to maximize their profits, so they probably want to wait to be closer to the movie (which would be a promotion for merchandise sales).
That's one way to look at it. The other way is that they've done all the popular characters and have less faith in the line now they're left with Piyomon, Palmon and Gomamon. I don't think it's a coincidence that the last two are the least popular characters and the third is the girl character that isn't Angewomon.

Dukemon being saved for the 2020 movie doesn't make sense anyway. I think it's safe to say that Ouryumon will never happen (but TBH I think that was obvious well before now).