Digivolving Spirits Alphamon Discussion

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the fifth Digivolving Spirits figure out in Japan it made sense to open the discussion thread for the figure.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Since the releases of the figures are being staggered date wise for different countries, each figure will get it's own thread. Discussion of other figures will no doubt happen since they're part of the same line, but hopefully each having it's own thread makes things a bit easier due to the fact people will be getting them at different times.

Alphamon is the first Digivolving Spirits figure to be released that isn't branded as part of Digimon Adventure (or one of it's films.) In addition, it's the most complicated figure in the line to transform thus far.

The figure 'just' came out in Japan (at the time of this post) so it may be awhile until your figure shows up if you pre-ordered from Japan.

US orders are expected in late August.

Alphamon is still available to order: (Affiliate links)
Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

Orochistorm

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This figure might be one of the best looking transformed figures(from the front, anyway) to come out of the Digivolving figure lines. Dorumon's not so fortunate as Alphamon in this exchange, but all in all, still really nice.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got this guy in the mail yesterday. EMS shipping cost me 2900 yen.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just got him yesterday, opened him today
for all the he's the most difficult one yet talk
it was underwhelming, it wasn't even hard masterpiece g1 megatron was a way harder challenge for a transforming toy

if i could figure out how to post a pic i would

King in Pink

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
, it wasn't even hard masterpiece g1 megatron was a way harder challenge for a transforming toy
Yes. Masterpiece Megatron, the toy notorious for being the most infruriating Transformer to transform in the franchise's over-30-years history is harder than this is. Of course it is.

I love the Dorumon mode on this guy. It's just so cute. The Alphamon mode is... OK. He looks really impressive from the front, but the Dorumon Cape is a bit of an eyesore and a massive mess. He's still much better than Angewomon was, which is a good sign for the line in general.

ArsDaemonum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm actually surprised at how much the kibble on either form didn't bother me, personally. Yeah, Alphamon's cape is unsightly and there's glaring bits on Dorumon (looking in particular at the tail not packing in properly), but I really find myself looking past that in how unexpected and wonderful it is to actually have a Dorumon > Alphamon figure!

Mine has a defect, hilariously enough: Alphamon's right 'wing' doesn't have the gold highlights that the left one does! It actually looks like they used another 'connecting' piece rather than the 'top' that has the gold, judging by the extra empty hinge joint. It's pretty funny though, and I really don't mind at all.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished transforming into Dorumon. Complicated, but it definitely makes more sense as at goes along. It's a pretty amazing feat of engineering when you think about. Dorumon is appropriately cute and fun. The kibble on Alphamon's cape is definitely noticeable.

Given the overall lack of articulation, I do wish there was a spot SOMEWHERE for stand usage, like Angewomon has, but he has some decent poses regardless.

Now where's that Ourymon fig we need...

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How do you put those plastic things back on the figure to put it back in it's box?