Digivolving Spirits #06 is AtlurKabuterimon!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We know a new Digivolving Spirits figure a bit early!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This weekend was Anime Japan
, and while they didn't announce any big Digimon news there, we did get one bit of fantastic information... accidentally.

Digivolving Spirits #06 is AtlurKabuterimon from Digimon Adventure!

The Tentomon/AtlurKabuterimon figure was first shown off in prototype form (as Tentomon) last year at a Tamashii Nations event, and during a livestream at the same event they showed a super early prototype of the AtlurKabuterimon.

This is our first decent look at the AtlurKabuterimon form of the figure.

One might wonder how we ended up finding out about AtlurKabuterimon early, especially since Tamashii had been promoting showing it off soon as part of a Twitter campaign.

Well... look at the picture carefully.

A small explanation in photo form, from a prior Tamashii article...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The box they have on display at Anime Expo isn't blanked out in the preview window.

We'll update with further news and images about AtlurKabuterimon once they are available.

On top of AtlurKabuterimon, there are a number of other Digivolving Spirits figures we've seen to some degree, but without formal release announcements thus far.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

From this recent teaser we can expect Patamon/HolyAngemon and Guilmon/Dukemon to be 7 and 8 (although we aren't sure of the order.)

We've seen photos of the Dukemon figure...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

But only art of HolyAngemon alongside Lilymon, Garudamon, and Zudomon. One of the stated goals of the line was to have the 8 Digimon from the end of Adventure side by side as figures.

At the same Tamashii event that first showed off Tentomon, Dukemon, and the other partner artwork we also got to see Ouryumon.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Ouryumon turns into the Ouryuken for Alphamon rather than Ryudamon, and we are still waiting for additional details on this figure.

Thanks to wasuretenaizo for the image of AtlurKabuterimon.

Update- The Diablomon Festival Twitter Campaign is up to 250 photo tweets. At 500 is when they do 3 prize packages, and 1,000 is when they show new Digivolving Spirits figures. Although it appears to be referring to a 'lineup' rather than a singular figure, so perhaps if the number gets hit we'll get to see HolyAngemon and Dukemon also...

As for the Digivolving Spirits figures you can currently order...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #02 MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
Digivolving Spirits #02 MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)
Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA (currently only available from 3rd party sellers)

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

#05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay I was huge fan of the transformer toys and I had Beast War toys as a child but even being experienced to know every Beast transformer toys depending on their model classes. I unable to tell how Tentomon transform into AtlurKabuterimon work. I bet it's kind of Shellformer transformer but the center body will transform inside out/out inside to flip transform I guess?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still sucks they're going with season 1 and not Tri. H-Kabu would've been a great new figure.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still sucks they're going with season 1 and not Tri. H-Kabu would've been a great new figure.
That can always happen later though, no one was expecting Diaboromon, Alphamon, Guilmon, or the remaining six Partners to get figures in the first place and yet we're getting them.

They probably avoided anything tri related for this line because tri won't be finished until later this year hence why we haven't seen figures of Hackmon or Meicoomon but got one of Alphamon, Diaboromon, and Guilmon since they have appeared outside of tri.

Last edited:

King in Pink

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be thinking that far in advance yet. Bandai have a nasty habit of cancelling lines without finishing the full set, so let's just hope we get all 8 of the Season 1 cast in the first place before we start worrying about alternate versions like HerakleKabuterimon. I'm starting to think that Ouryumon is never going to see the light of day.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fair enough though I've only seen that happen with the Data Squad line which sold poorly to begin with whereas this line has seemingly been selling well.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I’ll pick up Alphamon next month... hopefully he’ll still be available.

Really hope his sword-bro will see the light of day. Guess we’ll see if Alphamon’s wings pop out or something. At least it could serve as a hint.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That can always happen later though, no one was expecting Diaboromon, Alphamon, Guilmon, or the remaining six Partners to get figures in the first place and yet we're getting them.
Honestly, only Diablomon is a huge surprise. Alphamon and Guilmon are surprises to get so early, but out of popular characters who would get figures, they were always going to be decently up the list (that Alphamon doesn't completely look like a mess is still the biggest surprise thus far probably)

Alphamon we knew about the first day the line was 'properly' introduced, and the other 6 partners we actually expected. Mostly because they told us from the beginning that one of the 'goals' of the line was to have the 8 from the end of Adventure lined up.

I wouldn't be thinking that far in advance yet. Bandai have a nasty habit of cancelling lines without finishing the full set, so let's just hope we get all 8 of the Season 1 cast in the first place before we start worrying about alternate versions like HerakleKabuterimon.
Bandai stops lines when they don't sell. As a toy line should be.

I'm starting to think that Ouryumon is never going to see the light of day.
I mean, we saw a handmade prototype 4 months ago. I don't know how quickly you expect them to announce stuff. At the same time we saw that prototype we saw borderline complete design prototypes for Tentomon and Dukemon. That fans have unrealistic expectations for how fast toys are made doesn't change that it's a long process.

Remember, we have design documents from the line showing that stuff along the lines of the WarGreymon design was basically done in 2016, MetalGarurumon was basically done in February 2017, Diablomon was largely finished designwise in March 2017, and they had the design basically done, with rudimentary prototypes of Alphamon in hand in 2016, long before the line was even formally announced. These are long processes, and things aren't even going to necessarily come out in the order they were designed in. Alphamon isn't scheduled until July. Wondering if Ouryumon has been cancelled is beyond premature at this point.

I think I’ll pick up Alphamon next month... hopefully he’ll still be available.
At this point pre-orders are still plentiful.

Guess we’ll see if Alphamon’s wings pop out or something. At least it could serve as a hint.
It appears the Alphamon toy was designed 'far' before Ouryumon was, I wouldn't necessarily expect the wings to be involved. Perhaps an accessory that can come and clip onto Ouryumon when not in use or something.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, only Diablomon is a huge surprise. Alphamon and Guilmon are surprises to get so early, but out of popular characters who would get figures, they were always going to be decently up the list (that Alphamon doesn't completely look like a mess is still the biggest surprise thus far probably)

Alphamon we knew about the first day the line was 'properly' introduced, and the other 6 partners we actually expected. Mostly because they told us from the beginning that one of the 'goals' of the line was to have the 8 from the end of Adventure lined up.
Fair points, Alphamon and Gallantmon are popular enough to get figures as part of the line though I was at least partially remarking on how early we got them since neither were in the original Adventure so I was expecting figures to be revealed later than they did assuming they'd get figures since the goal you noted makes it seem like the line was exclusively for Adventure.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fair points, Alphamon and Gallantmon are popular enough to get figures as part of the line though I was at least partially remarking on how early we got them since neither were in the original Adventure so I was expecting figures to be revealed later than they did assuming they'd get figures since the goal you noted makes it seem like the line was exclusively for Adventure.
Unless I'm misremembering, we had seen Diablomon and Alphamon 'before' they told us that specific goal, and Alphamon was always labeled as being from X-Evolution, I believe they even had the DVD case on display with him early on... (Diablomon is of course from one of the movies, but he's labeled differently.)

It was less that the 'goal' was to be an Adventure line, and more that one of the goals of the line was to mimic a specific scene from Adventure as they went forward with the line.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they are plentiful then that’s a good thing to know.

Yep when Alphamon was first shown he was showed of with the DVD of X-Evolution.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who will come after MegaKabuterimon? I hope it's MagnaAngemon.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, i was hoping that gallantmon would be next they did an amazing job on it
i'm not interested in the megakabuterimon since i have the original toy and it looks basically the same
and i'm also not interested in the magna angemon since i have both the patamon and seraphimon toys

i may get Lillymon but aside from her and gallantmon I'm gonna pass on the others till more get announced

Chiefofwar117

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But do you have a Tentomon to a Megakabuterimon? Or a Patamon to a MagnaAngemon? Ones that are of this amazing quality and caliber? I didn’t think so ;)

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But do you have a Tentomon to a Megakabuterimon? Or a Patamon to a MagnaAngemon? Ones that are of this amazing quality and caliber? I didn’t think so ;)
Seraphimon and the angemon is good enough, I've honestly never liked magna angemon and I don't like Mkabuterimon enough to buy a new toy of it, same goes with garudamon, and I don't really care for zudomon either, Lillymon is the only other digi destined toy i'm interested in, but I've bought the first 5, 3 coming in the mail in a few days and 4-5 on preorder, now gallantmon and a possible beelzemon ill buy in a heart beat

i'm just glad to have eventually found xros wars skull knightmon set and tuwarmon
they were really expensive though 200 for skull set and 150 for tuwarmon

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure is cool. I wonder how it'll work out in transforming.

Chiefofwar117

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seraphimon and the angemon is good enough, I've honestly never liked magna angemon and I don't like Mkabuterimon enough to buy a new toy of it, same goes with garudamon, and I don't really care for zudomon either, Lillymon is the only other digi destined toy i'm interested in, but I've bought the first 5, 3 coming in the mail in a few days and 4-5 on preorder, now gallantmon and a possible beelzemon ill buy in a heart beat

i'm just glad to have eventually found xros wars skull knightmon set and tuwarmon
they were really expensive though 200 for skull set and 150 for tuwarmon
See you’ve already got a majority of them so you might as well buy the rest to have a complete collection! I’m just obsessed with the digivolving figures lol. I’m embarrassed to admit it but I’ve been buying/preording 3 of each one released so far lol
I really do wonder how they will pull off Gomamon to Zudomon. That one just seems difficult to me. I’m just worried that there won’t be enough fans of gomamon/palmon/Biyomon for them to justify doing digivolving figures of them but I reaaaaaally hope they do it. I want a complete collection of all 8 so bad.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

See you’ve already got a majority of them so you might as well buy the rest to have a complete collection! I’m just obsessed with the digivolving figures lol. I’m embarrassed to admit it but I’ve been buying/preording 3 of each one released so far lol
I really do wonder how they will pull off Gomamon to Zudomon. That one just seems difficult to me. I’m just worried that there won’t be enough fans of gomamon/palmon/Biyomon for them to justify doing digivolving figures of them but I reaaaaaally hope they do it. I want a complete collection of all 8 so bad.
thats a deep dark rabbit hole that i don't want to go back into
ive already went nuts buying all the original digivolving toys from my childhood and that cost a pretty penny, got rid of the omnimon and leomon though because they kinda sucked
and i also bought duskmon and kumamon and the two above mentioned xros wars toys, plus the appmon drivers and most of the chips, plus tons of transformers from almost all eras, I myself have 2 of each masterpiece oversized weijiang optimus and megatron so i know the whole buying multiples thing, no shame,

"one to display, one to play, one to keep in the box and sell one day"
ive got to many transforming toys, so i only buy the ones I really want now, i live in a small apartment and I'm sure my wife wouldn't want even more stuff around even if she loves digimon too, and to be fair the metal garurumon and alphamon spirits are hers ( she loves her some gabu and doru)

basically temptation sucks

Last edited:

Chiefofwar117

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

thats a deep dark rabbit hole that i don't want to go back into
ive already went nuts buying all the original digivolving toys from my childhood and that cost a pretty penny, got rid of the omnimon and leomon though because they kinda sucked
and i also bought duskmon and kumamon and the two above mentioned xros wars toys, plus the appmon drivers and most of the chips, plus tons of transformers from almost all eras, I myself have 2 of each masterpiece oversized weijiang optimus and megatron so i know the whole buying multiples thing, no shame,

"one to display, one to play, one to keep in the box and sell one day"
ive got to many transforming toys, so i only buy the ones I really want now, i live in a small apartment and I'm sure my wife wouldn't want even more stuff around even if she loves digimon too, and to be fair the metal garurumon and alphamon spirits are hers ( she loves her some gabu and doru)

basically temptation sucks
Lol you must give in to Digimon temptation! I have a ton of the old figures as well. Almost all of the digivolving ones from season 1-3. That’s why I’m sooo obsessed with this line. Also you’re lucky to have a wife who likes Digimon. I wish I could find a girl who lives near me and likes it.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly my love for the digimon digivolving toys is purely due to my love of the transformers and their toys
transforming toys is just so satisfying, if i get bored i just change them on display into the other mode, I actually started talking to my wife because of yugioh, so just get out there and make some small nerd talk, I believe in you!