MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This one won't surprise anyone!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While this weekend's Tamashii Nations event hasn't begun yet, we have some photos of the setup which reveal the next Digivolving Spirits release!

Digivolving Spirits #05 is Alphamon from X-Evolution!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Alphamon was one of the figures we found out about the same day the toyline was officially shown off for the first time, shown off in prototype form half a year ago!

This is also the first good look we've gotten at Dorumon!

We previously saw early mockup and test models of Dorumon, but I think this is actually the first time we've seen the actual figure as Dorumon. Dorumon looks rather cute, and better than I would have expected... but it looks like the transformation is going to be complex.

No date or price information at the moment, but we expect it in the next few months.

Alphamon is at the moment the last announced Digivolving Spirits figure. With them having teased Tentomon recently, hopefully we see more prototypes sooner rather than later.

As for the other announced figures in Digivolving Spirits...

WarGreymon has been released in Japan and has sold out at a number of retailers, whether additional stock will be made available later is unknown. US stock for release next month is still available. US pre-orders for MetalGarurumon have opened and closed intermittently, likely as they get updates about how many figures they will get, and are currently open.

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate link):
Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate link):
Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon

Thanks to Dengeki Hobby for the images!

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused. I thought they do all perfect level digimons from Digimon Adventure but Dorumon/Alphamon isnt part of that series?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused. I thought they do all perfect level digimons from Digimon Adventure but Dorumon/Alphamon isnt part of that series?
Part of the primary goal of the line is to have the final lineup from the end of Digimon Adventure, but they don't intend to ignore doing other Digimon.

So of the first 5 figures, 3 of them are of the 8 they've discussed for Adventure while 2 of them are 'other' Digimon.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was always going to be a kibble heavy design, but like Angewomon they've made creative use of it and it's definitely forgivable. Given how both modes turned out I'm seriously impressed with how this looks.

Akfly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but it looks like the transformation is going to be complex.
Agh... I really like complexity on these things, and yeah, Dorumon is really cute! :3 The thing is... I already bought MetalGarurumon, and Tentomon looks like it might be a good one too. Will I be able to get the money for both Dorumon and Tentomon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but it looks like the transformation is going to be complex.
Agh... I really like complexity on these things, and yeah, Dorumon is really cute! :3 The thing is... I already bought MetalGarurumon, and Tentomon looks like it might be a good one too. Will I be able to get the money for both Dorumon and Tentomon?
Wait to see how Tentomon looks, then decide which to get?

Or figure out if your budget will allow more than one.

Alphamon we aren't likely to see until June or July, which means Tentomon at the ABSOLUTE earlier would be July at the earliest, so you have time to plan.

At this point Alphamon doesn't even have a pre-order date yet, so I'd sit back and see what pops up.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dorumon looks so cute here lol
And then that Alphamon he looks amazing ^^

Akfly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, I'll wait ^^
I hope my economy improves a little by then, so maybe I could afford both... We'll see :p

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dorumon looks really cute and Alphamon's sculpting looks really well detailed and cool. I think I might end up preordering it.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for a huge dorumon/alphamon fan i can't say i like it dorumon tail looks really bad and his wings are in the wrong place and alphamon don't have eyes i know that in most arts you can't see alphamon eyes very well but he do have them i don't think i will buy it

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotta admit those 2017/2018(?) transforming toys are awesome and epic.... Totally designed well.

Chiefofwar117

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another amazing figure. I still can’t believe they are able to pull these off when the two forms look NOTHING alike. Can’t wait to preorder!!

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My, this definitely looks nice, especially compared to some of the early Digivolving figures. Both forms look rather nice, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to rationalize that price. Lab equipment doesn't come cheap :(

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still can’t believe they are able to pull these off when the two forms look NOTHING alike.
Yeah one day let's hope they design more new ones that will be equal to Transformer movie design of transformation style if possible.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's some damn fancy transformation and I love it. Might be even more excited for this than Diaboromon, but it's top-notch. One complaint though is no weapon... I know the design process showed the Ouryuken, so dare I hope his left hand has space for it? I doubt they'd do removable hands.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ugh, this would be the first non-adventure (non-anime entirely) one. At least it doesn't have its slave sword for once.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Being able to turn that Dorumon into that Alphamon is pretty crazy. They've put so much effort into these.

Ugh, this would be the first non-adventure (non-anime entirely) one. At least it doesn't have its slave sword for once.
Eh there's an Alphamon in Tri. Maybe he'll get beat up and revert to a Dorumon in part 6.