Digivices at Gamestop in July? Pre-Orders Available Now

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's still pretty early in 2019, but we continue to get details for more and more products.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In store at Gamestop, they are apparently taking pre-orders for Digivices.

A generic 'Assorted Digivice' listing, for $20 each, has been added to their catalog. The SKU if they have trouble finding it (if you go in to pre-order) is 191562. At the moment this is not listed at GameStop's website.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While we aren't sure exactly what these are at the moment (a V-Pet type device is an easy guess, but they could be fancy keychains for all we know), it does bring to mind the recent 'Digimon Original' listings. Whether these are different than the Digimon Originals, or the same thing, we aren't sure, but the release timeframe is pretty close.

Hopefully we will find out details soon.

Thanks to Comshep1989 for the news.

The image above is just an image of the CSA Digivice added as a visual.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know what it is... but I'm definetly buying it.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. Wonder what it is. ...Keychains sound about right.

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing a rerelease of the original vpets? Tamagotchi did that recently

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are those supposed to be the Digivices from Adventure Tri?

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are those supposed to be the Digivices from Adventure Tri?
We have no idea.

But ipreordered mine at gamestop. So whatever it is. I'll have it?

My guess is release of color adventure digivice with vpet games. Like they old days.

I think those digivice were 20 anyway

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I preordered 3 just in case
hopefully it’s season 1 and it’s the “glowing” versions so i can get tai, matt and tk’s

CrimsoniteX

Donator
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The recent Tamagotchi originals are $19.99, so price is right. Pretty cool if we are getting anything in the US, what was the last domestic digivice release, the iC?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have any Canadian s preordered these at ebgajes? Gamestop owns it here

dreambael

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Placed my pre-orders in store today. You may need to provide the SKU for them to find it as details are still scarce. It's Digimon product though, I could never go wrong with Digimon products!

EnderKitsune

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are no pre-orders on GameStop.
It's not listed on Gamestop's website at the moment. But you can go in-store and ask for "Digimon Assorted Digivice" or the SKU number and they should be able to find it.

GK45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The recent Tamagotchi originals are $19.99, so price is right. Pretty cool if we are getting anything in the US, what was the last domestic digivice release, the iC?
Weren't those, the Tamogatchi, mini versions? I've seen those in my Walmart, they are tiny. The whole thing is like the size of just the Digivice's screen.
I think the last Digivice in the US was Xross but I didn't pay attention to it so I'm not sure. Otherwise it was the IC.

As for my 2 cents. $20 seems to much for a bit of plastic and too little for a Vpet.
I would have expected $25 for the Vpet, $30 for Digivice.

That said, my question is, Is it cheaper for Bandai to redesign the OG Vpet electronics or to just use the 20th that they likely still have on hand?
I know that sounds stupid, but from what little I know, a lot of the expense of production is in the design phase and while the 20th Vpet were more expensive, they were also Pbandai, which always has a mark up in price.
If I remember right they were $30-$35 and from the few PBandai Gundam kits I have payed attention to, a $10 premium is pretty reasonable.
Sooo, there's a chance?

Just thought I'd throw another option into the ring for everyone to ponder for the next 2 or 3 months until we get more information.

AKluthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weren't those, the Tamogatchi, mini versions? I've seen those in my Walmart, they are tiny. The whole thing is like the size of just the Digivice's screen.
I think the last Digivice in the US was Xross but I didn't pay attention to it so I'm not sure. Otherwise it was the IC.

As for my 2 cents. $20 seems to much for a bit of plastic and too little for a Vpet.
I would have expected $25 for the Vpet, $30 for Digivice.

That said, my question is, Is it cheaper for Bandai to redesign the OG Vpet electronics or to just use the 20th that they likely still have on hand?
I know that sounds stupid, but from what little I know, a lot of the expense of production is in the design phase and while the 20th Vpet were more expensive, they were also Pbandai, which always has a mark up in price.
If I remember right they were $30-$35 and from the few PBandai Gundam kits I have payed attention to, a $10 premium is pretty reasonable.
Sooo, there's a chance?

Just thought I'd throw another option into the ring for everyone to ponder for the next 2 or 3 months until we get more information.
There were two Tamagotchi releases, one was the mini. The other was in 2018 they did a re-release of the original models P1 and P2. These "rereleases" were designed to look like the originals and function the same way. It's not genuinely the same item, these new models use CR2032s

They were $20.

GK45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There were two Tamagotchi releases, one was the mini. The other was in 2018 they did a re-release of the original models P1 and P2. These "rereleases" were designed to look like the originals and function the same way. It's not genuinely the same item, these new models use CR2032s

They were $20.
Ah, I see. Never really got into the Electronic pet thing as a kid so I don't keep up with these things.
For $20 I'll still buy 1 or 2 of these if they are Vpet rereleases though. I'd like to see some more Digimon Merch making it's way into the US that isn't cutsy blindbag type stuff.

jaws_is_ra

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am going to pre-order them but I really hope its a v-pet and not a keychain if its a keychain I might just sell it for what I pay + s/h I got to many keychains as it is.