Digital Monster X Video Preview, 1st look at Diablomon X, Better Look at Sakuyamon X

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Videos are always fun!

In this roughly 11 minute video, we get to see Big Dreamer Taoka and Victory Uchida preview the upcoming Digital Monster X.

Much of it is them going over product details and gameplay, but there are a few fun new things of note (and possibly more once we get a proper translation of the video.)

It's worth mentioning that the booklet they look through appears to be the original booklet from the era of the Pendulum X, not the new 'updated' Digital Monster X booklet, just showing the kind of content it had.

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Diablomon X-Antibody!

Our first look at this new version of the well known Digimon, designed by As'Maria has a significantly different look than the classic Diablomon, while keeping a number of touches that make him still recognizable.

On top of that...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A proper look at Sakuyamon X-Antibody, designed by Kenji Watanabe!

We only previously got to see her from a shikishi drawn by Kenji Watanabe, but now that we have a full look at her, she looks quite a bit more impressive now that we can see all the detailing.

Sakuyamon X is exclusive to the Digital Monster X Black, while Diablomon X is in both the Black and White..

More Digital Monster X details to come no doubt...

Details on pre-ordering the Digital Monster X can be found here and here.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, Diaboromon X looks tight! I didn't realize how much X-Antibody stuff we'd be getting. I really gotta rewatch the movie...

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno how I feel about all of the extra gold and eyeballs in Diablomon's design, but his expression is positively bonkers and it suits him well.

Is the white in Sakuyamon X supposed to invoke her Miko Mode? Very nice to look at, but the way the hair falls in the sketch makes her look a little thick at the neck, which I imagine doesn't matter and merely needs a more dynamic pose.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Diablomon looks demonic and that definitely suits him. This might be my favorite of the new X-Antibody designs

Sakuyamon X doesn't look all that different from the original, but I still really like the design. It's a little fan-servicey (I mean basically not at all which is kinda refreshing) but not nearly as bad as I was expecting from the shikishi

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X looks simply amazing! Not sure if it was intentional but its new mouth/grin reminds me a lot of Summer Wars' Love Machine. If so then that's a nice reverse-homage they put there

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X is such a crazy design, it really invokes a "final boss" feeling. Sakuyamon X is also pretty nice, WAY better than I expected it would look from that one image we saw earlier.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diaboromon looks kinda ridiculous lol

Sakuyamon looks pretty good though. The dragons seem interesting though I recall her having them in her normal mode

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X seems very mystical with the meditation-like pose and the eyes attack shown in the bottom right corner. It might have drawn inspiration from Hindu beings like asuras or rakshasas, considering the extra arms and the overall ornate design along with the mentioned mysticism.

The dragons seem interesting though I recall her having them in her normal mode
Those are foxes. Pipe foxes, or kuda-kitsune, to be exact.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda knew Diabkomon X would get more extra hands from the old concert art of Diablomon where there are so many hands stored within its shoulders.
But he is way crazier with that appearance! More eyes and he is no longer "toad" and now he grew a tadpole tail. How cute.
I cannot tell which parts on those "eyes" located all over its whole body are extra eyes or laser cannons like that chest laser cannon....

Sakuyamon X's ghost fox spirits. I still know she still have those colorful ones but... There are new mini ones with gray color... Look like it's her Baby form?

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Diablomon x looks really nice! Even better than I was expecting!

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can we just get diaboromon x to be in an adventure anime and just have him destroy myotismon who we think is the true
villain but then this terrifying monstrosity shows up and is like nope thats me and vaporizes him
and everyones like is ...is that.... diaboromon?

because diaboromon x looks amazing and so does sakuyamon x
it's a shame x Digimon don't really get in games aside from digimon world 4/x if I remember correctly

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those both look really interesting. I was not entirely sure how they would approach Diablomon X but this design really hits the spot and shows how there's more nuance to the X-Designs than simply adding more spikes. Especially noteworthy is that while in many cases the added edges and armor makes Digimon look more futuristic and mechanical they actually went almost the opposite way here as the elaborate armor decorations and details such as the Arm- and hairbands actually make the X-variant look more "tribal" and occult than the original's straight up alien vibe.

In Sakuyamon's case there don't seem to be too many drastic changes. If you just looked the of her X-form silhouette next to her normal one, there would honestly not much of a visible difference besides the new white ribbons. Most of the new details and colors look quite good, I appreciate that they added splashes of red without going overboard but I'm not sure how I feel about the erasure of basically any blue color which gives the design a very different feel of contrast.

he is no longer "toad" and now he grew a tadpole tail.
Toads must be really weird where you live...

it's a shame x Digimon don't really get in games aside from digimon world 4/x if I remember correctly
There's a few in re digitize
And more recently, quite a few in Digimon Linkz.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those both look really interesting. I was not entirely sure how they would approach Diablomon X but this design really really hits the spots and shows how there's more nuance to the X-Designs than simply adding more spikes. Especially noteworthy is that while in many cases the added edges and armor makes Digimon look more futuristic and mechanical they actually went almost the opposite way here as the elaborate armor decorations and details such as the Arm- and hairbands actually make the X-variant look more "tribal" and occult than the original's straight up alien vibe.

In Sakuyamon's case there don't seem to be too many drastic changes. If you just looked the of her X-form silhouette next to her normal one, there would honestly not much of a visible difference besides the new white ribbons. Most of the new details and colors look quite good, I appreciate that they added splashes of red without going overboard but I'm not sure how I feel about the erasure of basically any blue color which gives the design a very different feel of contrast.

he is no longer "toad" and now he grew a tadpole tail.
Toads must be really weird where you live...

There's a few in re digitize
And more recently, quite a few in Digimon Linkz.
True, and its likely some of them will be copied over into other games as it's a simple dropping models into other games like they already do. That base set of Digimon from the first Cyber Sleuth have been in everything now lmao. Is good for lesser known Digimon like Cyclonemon and BlackKingNumemon I suppose lol but I'm kinda getting bored of those 250

not sure it'll be PS4 games theyre put into though, Habu stated he doesnt like recolours, which explains why only Turerimon and a few others got copied into HM, not even the new Omnimons

I feel more accepting to X forms now though, I think it'd be a good way to upgrade some of the weaker Digimon in the PS4 games if they dont have a higher form already. EG, PrinceMamemon is the weakest Mega, so giving him PrinceMamemon X would be a good way to boost him to better stats without making him too OP so yeah, I hated X forms at first, although I do think they've put more effort into the more recent ones, cuz like you said, they had an obsession with spikes

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure looks like a X-form. Truly, a monster. And Sakuyamon doesn't look as bad as we though.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another interesting detail I just noticed about Diablomon's design: the non armor parts seem to actually be translucent
At first I thought that the blue crystal like pieces you can see on his limbs were just markings on the surface of his skin but one of the little sketches next to his arm seems to show them to be inside his body, especially with the way it's visible in the cross-section part.
I'm sure the translucency will be more obvious in the finished artwork; It adds another layer to the design's theme of making him look more like an evil spirit.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol only tadpoles can grow into frogs/toads in real life. I'm so used to this usual Diablomon's "toad stance" now Diablomon X grew a tail it's like... Messed reverse evolution... Seriously look at Diablomon X's legs hugging with its own tail is kinda... Childish? (Very creepy....)

Especially noteworthy is that while in many cases the added edges and armor makes Digimon look more futuristic and mechanical they actually went almost the opposite way here as the elaborate armor decorations and details such as the Arm- and hairbands actually make the X-variant look more "tribal" and occult than the original's straight up alien vibe.
Maybe Diablomon's shell isn't really tech but more of study husk shell thingy? Although Armor ones with X forms are amazing. I think I will get worried if something happen to Sepikmon getting X form, would it have futuristic or tribal or might get demanded from the Digimon staff personally?

Astrothunder

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X looks like a Zelda boss. I love it. Definitely better than the vanilla Diablomon design.