Digital Monster X Version 2 Images, Info, and Pre-Order Details! Plus New Digimon!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After a bunch of early teases it's time for a new V-Pet!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After a few weeks of teasers, story updates, and announcing it last week we finally have the details for the Digital Monster X Version 2 (Digimon X2 for short.)

First up, the colors...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The X-Antibody Digimon run continues with these new V-Pets with a focus on the Seven Great Demon Lords! This new V-Pet will come in red and purple. Both use the 20th Anniversary shell (like the prior X release) with new colors and an 'X' graffiti slash on it. Red has black as a secondary color with a gold x, while purple has white as a secondary color with a silver slash. In addition, the plastic of the main body for both is a glossy candy-style color that slightly transparent.

On to the V-Pet details!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Seven Great Demon Lords appear with X-Antibody forms!

Both have Barbamon X, Beelzebumon X, and Leviamon X!
Red has Demon X, and Lillithmon X!
Purple has Belphemon X and Lucemon X!

A total of 41 new Digimon will get their first dot/LCD appearance in this release!

And speaking of new X Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

18 Digimon will get their X-Evolution forms for this release!

Both will get Numemon X!
Red will get DarkTyranmon X and Ophanimon: Falldown Mode X!
Purple will get Impmon X, DarkKnightmon X, and Cheribumon (Vice) X!

The world of the new war of X-Evolution is drawn by a number of designers!

Kenji Watanabe designed Numemon X and Lucemon X.
As'Maria designed DarkKnightmon X and Leviamon X
Moriyama Soh designed DarkTyranomon X and Demon X. He's listed as the arranger for Beelzebumon X, which 'appears' to be in reference to the crown/lightning effects/revision to the design for the X2 to match the other Demon Lords.
Nakano Hayato designed Lillithmon X, Barbamon X, Belphemon X, Ophanimon: Falldown Mode X, Cheribumon (Vice) X, and Impmon X.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A total of 60 raiseable Digimon, 44 in each. 31 Digimon will also appear as enemies!

And they're showing off 'most' of the lineup right now!

Baby 1 (both)- Kiimon
Baby 2 (both)- Yaamon
Child (red)- BlackAgumon X, Gomamon X, Kokuwamon X, Erismon, Duskmon
Child (purple)- Impmon X, Plotmon X, Otamamon X, Erismon, Duskmon
Adult (red)- DarkTyranomon X, Mantaraymon X, Kuwagamon X, Allomon X, Numemon X, Filmon, Velgrmon
Adult (purple)- Ogremon X, Nefertimon X, Seadramon X, Allomon X, Numemon X, Filmon, Velgrmon
Perfect (red)- MetalGreymon V(irus) X, LadyDevimon X, Ookuwamon X, Triceramon X, Mammon X, Mametyramon, Stefilmon, KaiserLeomon
Perfect (purple)- Vamdemon X, Mephismon X, MegaSeadramon X, MetalPhantomon, Mammon X, Mametyramon, Stefilmon, KaiserLeomon
Ultimate (red)- BlackWarGreymon X, GrandisKuwagamon, Chaosdramon X, Rosemon X, SkullMammon X, [unrevealed Digimon], Ophanimon: Falldown Mode X, Bagramon, UltimateBrachimon, BeeleStarmon X, PrinceMamemon X, MetalPiranimon, Raihimon
Ultimate (purple)- DarkKnightmon X, GigaSeadramon X, Chaosdramon X, Rosemon X, SkullMammon X, [unrevealed Digimon], Cheribumon (Vice) X, Bagramon, DinoRexmon, BeeleStarmon X, PrinceMamemon X, MetalPiranimon, Raihimon
Ultimate [higher) (red)- Demon X, Lillithmon X, Leviamon X, Barbamon X, Beelzebumon X, Diablomon X, [unrevealed Digimon], AncientSphinxmon, DarknessBagramon
Ultimate [higher) (purple)- Lucemon X, Belphemon X, Leviamon X, Barbamon X, Beelzebumon X, Diablomon X, [unrevealed Digimon], AncientSphinxmon, DarknessBagramon

The lineup this time feels 'very' impressive, and unique to see all these characters appearing in the same lineup, and hopefully we get higher resolution art of all the new ones!

Then we get some more details for the V-Pets...

Adventure mode returns!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This time the map has 45 areas! It looks like some bosses may change based on what you do on the map? (branching map I think?)

Connecting red and purple takes you to a hidden area where you can gain an item that makes training easier!

The battle system features the cut in animations and XAI system that adds luck to battle and training.

The backup system also returns! You can save up to 2 Digimon will freezing their training status!

And if you connect to the original Black/White X V-Pet, a special event happens...

This one will include a booklet similiar to the prior one with illustrations/comics, along with general information about the world of the toy.

We finish with the packaging, which is gorgeous!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Red will have packaging featuring Demon X while purple will feature Lucemon X. The overall style matches the prior Digimon X release.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-orders are open at Premium Bandai for the Digital Monster X Version 2!
Each costs 3,850 yen and pre-orders will be open until August 20th. They ship in November. Update- The pre-order page is closed, additional info just below.

Update- Changed the above text since ordering is open.

Update- The pre-order page at Premium Bandai is now here. All pre-orders past this point will ship in December.

Don't forget, the US Premium Bandai store stocked the first Digimon X V-Pet, so it might be worth waiting a bit to see if they stock it again to save a few dollars...

Various other Premium Bandai's show pre-orders being open, or opening shortly, nothing for the US yet. These stores also generally are showing stickers that will be included while stock lasts:

Image Thumbnail (custom)

China (can't find it on the site at the time of posting, may just not be listed yet)
Singapore
Hong Kong
Taiwan
Korea (Doesn't seem to have their own storefront? Or I just can't find it, it may be considered the same shop as one of the others?)

But if you can't wait (and want to be sure early)...

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does that mean 18 new X-forms? or that 18 will be playable for the first time, with a few of them being new? I can sorta see some new ones in those little chibi forms, like Black Agumon I think?

and Numemon X is slightly amusing.

and wow it's been a long time since we've seen Yaamon and Kiimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added in translations of the current Digimon lineup we have, along with who designed what.

ArsDaemonum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really cool to see AncientSphinxmon making a return, along with a few others from the line! And the new designs are pretty neat, I love Impmon X already.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cherubimon X is such an otherworldly surreal design. Very fitting.

Interesting how DarkKnightmon X is Mega and Lucemon X is Mega+.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, BlackAgumon, Ogremon, MetalGreymon (VI), LadyDevimon, Vamdemon and Mephismon are new X-forms too or did I miss them previously?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are indeed new. GigaSeadramon is also labeled as X-Antibody for some reason, even though it is already a natural carrier. Probably an oversight.

I suspect those unrevealed Digimon are Herissmon's Mega(s), since the rest of the line is there.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really confused by GigaSeadramon X-Antibody. Isn't GigaSeadramon already an X-Antibody Digimon?

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
😳😱🤣 This is looking really, really nice!! I've been wondering if they might do a third version to round out the story, not unlike how they did the original Pendulum X (not to mention the Pendulum Progress).

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait Duskmon, Velgrmon, Mephismon X, Raihimon, Bagramon, DarknessBagramon...? Transparent cases too?

I'm officially Sold!!

-No Dracumon -> Sangloupmon -> Matadrmon -> GrandDracumon whatsoever.
-Ofanimon FM X instead of Ofanimon X.
-Cherubimon (Vice) X but not BlackSeraphimon X.
-BlackTyranomon X instead of Greymon (Virus) X.
-Duskmon as a Child, Velgrmon as an Adult.
-DarkKnightmon X as an Ultimate, Lucemon FM X as a Super Ultimate.
-Lilithmon X in Red, but not in Purple.

That was choices.

On the other hand, I guess Gankoomon X & Examen X will come along in the Ver. 3 (hopefully the one dedicated for the Olympos XII).

I knew DarkKnightmon X & Leviamon X screamed As'maria so badly. Daemon X coming from Soh Moriyama doesn't surprise me at all.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! I really knew they supposed to reveal the next new ones on the lower level forms just because of the previous V-pet lists showed Renamon X and others!
We really should support often on buying V-pets to get more new X forms in the future.

DarkTyranomon X was drawn by that same artist who drew Belphemon X and others? Their artstyle looked so different I guess that Moriyama Soh can do multiple artworks at once. Impressive.

Numemon X: WUT?!! Spawns mini versions of itself?! And the eyes's sticks shaped like "X"... How does this anatomy works like that?!

Impmon X: Wow edgier with eyepatch. He is now chuunibyou but nice gloves and epic belt.

So WE DO GET OFANIMON FALLDOWN MODE X! SWEET! So we will have ArchAngels X soon!

Cheribumon Vice X mimics Persona monster style? Sadly it kinda lost the creepiness vibe but at the same time it gives off different unsettling vibes of Silent Hill/Persona combined.

Sweet X forms!

EDITED: My bad. The artist of DarkTyranomon X and Demon X, those artstyle seems mismatch completely. lol

Last edited:

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really confused by GigaSeadramon X-Antibody. Isn't GigaSeadramon already an X-Antibody Digimon?
Exactly all the other native X antibody digi's are listed properly. Maybe they meant Metalseadramon X? i mean i know technically that's what Giga is but doesn't mean they can't make an alternate variant. The idea of doubling up on an X antibody seems lazy... maybe they retcon'd him? I do think it may of been a typo or someone who didn't know any better as they were typing the charts up. Seadramon(X) Megaseadramon(X) Naturally you'd tihnk the next one would have (X) as well.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the original isn't an X form? I mean, I know the wikis state they are, but their reasoning seems to be "they were in the original X-antibody V-Pet, so must be X forms themselves". which apparently doesn't carry over to Herissmon, Sistermon etc in these new ones. its ntirely possible none of those "natural carries" such as tigervespamon and whoever are are actually carries, and people have assumed for 15 years.

or a typo, but I guess we'll see when they get round to making art for this "GigaSeadramon X", or if they post the normal version artwork.

edit: looks like the card game identifies GSmon as a X form, so I guess we'll see if it's a typo or not, of if an X form gets an X form.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What? Vamdemon X and Mephismon X?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Giga Seadramon X is almost definitely an oversight. I can tell you right now, Bandai is notorious for making mistakes on their official documentation (there were 4+ that I found in the Evolution requirements for the DMX they released), so this is likely just another mistake.

I'm VERY happy that we have Bug and Aquatic representation! That was severely missing from the DMX1, and those are my favorite types of Digimon. Definitely looking forward to raising Grandis Kuwagamon and Giga Seadramon. Also glad that Ultimate Brachimon and Dino Rexmon made it in, a lot of great choices here!

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The blocked out digimons are Rasenmon GM and 'true' rasenmon aren't they?

Elentir

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it interesting and a bit odd that we now have some corrupt angels with the X-antibody, but not a single normal angel. I wonder if there's a reason.

Oh, and this is actually Kiimon's first appearance outside of an artbook ever​. Way to go, little guy! Now we need some love for Ketomon and Hopmon...

Last edited: