MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To the surprise of no one...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bandai has announced the Digital Monster X Version 2!

Pre-orders will begin June 26th, plus more details! For now we know they will be 3,850 yen each.

From the imagery we have, we can tell there will be a big focus on the Seven Great Demon Lords.

The Red appears to be themed on the new Demon X, who can be seen behind it in the promo image, while the Purple is themed on Lucemon Falldown Mode X (maybe no Falldown Mode in the name?)

While it isn't shown on the page, Bandai put up another image of the V-Pets without the various imagery around it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The background image appears to be the spiral shot of the Dark Area shown from Digimon Chronicle X Part 6.

Much more to come soon!

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or does Daemon X look kinda like Daemon Super Ultimate? Lucemon on the other hand looks like Satan from Devilman, even more so than the original.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Freaking stoked! This likely means a Deep Saver will actually be raisable this time haha. Looking forward to seeing Leviamon X!!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Demon X and Lucemon X look great.

Is it just me or does Daemon X look kinda like Daemon Supiter Ultimate?
Considering Beelzebumon X looks a lot like Blast Mode, it's not surprising.

totentanz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Out of curiosity Have the original X devices been tinkered with and found to have wave 2 already programmed in?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Makes me wonder what level Lucemon will be since Satan Mode exists. and also whether Daemon will be claimed to be SU level.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They have been, and there was no monster data programmed for a wave 2 release. This led me to believe that there wouldn't be a wave 2, but here we are.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon X definitely reminds me of some anime-style angel designs.

Demon X is just giving off a completely different vibe from the original.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or does Daemon X look kinda like Daemon Super Ultimate?
Considering Beelzebumon X looks a lot like Blast Mode, it's not surprising.
Oh I'm not surprised that would want to give themselves a way to use the Super Ultimate form without the legal issues of V-Tamers, I'm more impressed by how well they did it.

Lucemon X definitely reminds me of some anime-style angel designs.
To be fair like other Digimon from Frontier (specifically Shutumon and Calmaramon), Lucemon already has a Devilman vibe so X is just taking that vibe to the next level.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They have been, and there was no monster data programmed for a wave 2 release. This led me to believe that there wouldn't be a wave 2, but here we are.
I wouldn't really count this as a wave 2 to be honest.

The 'wave 2' devices have generally been identical with a minimal egg swap. The framing of this comes across more as a 'new' V-Pet, simply using the same framing as the prior one.

Oh I'm not surprised that would want to give themselves a way to use the Super Ultimate form without the legal issues of V-Tamers, I'm more impressed by how well they did it.
There has never been any evidence there is any legal issue regarding Bandai, Toei, etc. using V-Tamer related content (frankly, we have plenty of proof there is none.) Fans just couldn't accept that a licensee had simply not got approval to do something from Bandai, and Bandai slapped them down. That some people continue to decide on their own that there is an issue doesn't change that there has never been evidence of any such thing (moreso when you consider just how often things designed for V-Tamer show up in the franchise, it's somewhat laughable.)

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There has never been any evidence there is any legal issue regarding Bandai, Toei, etc. using V-Tamer related content (frankly, we have plenty of proof there is none.) Fans just couldn't accept that a licensee had simply not got approval to do something from Bandai, and Bandai slapped them down. That some people continue to decide on their own that there is an issue doesn't change that there has never been evidence of any such thing (moreso when you consider just how often things designed for V-Tamer show up in the franchise, it's somewhat laughable.)
Fair enough, it is odd that Maters wasn't able to UlforceV-dramon Future Mode though.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah ha ha I knew Demon X got some designs from King Calamity of Yugioh but he look somewhat less scary. But I'm glad he got claw wings!

Lucemon Falldown Mode X's design is really completely different. Whole holy angel designs all over him even half demon wing. He got Vylon armor I see... lol
His hairstyle gained bird wings. Huh

So SGDL got red crystals. Nice

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems theyre just going with "Lucemon". no falldown mode or anything like that. weird

(not my pic)

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon always had head wings though, in fact it was pointed out in the comments of Bogleech's review for Lucemon that Japanese depictions on Old Scratch tend to be better about remember that he was an Angel originally which also explain why Satan in Devilman is also meant to be attractive and even sports head wings as well.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird it'll complicate things up... Lucemon X stole Jupitermon's "halo" and Dio's form "Heaven Ascension". Nice but is that Silver Holy Ring? Not GOLDEN?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Lucemon but I hope he's an ultimate still. We never got any new x antibodies at that level last time. Demon has a ripoff of Ulforce Vdramon Future Mode's digimental on his belt too.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, it feels like the originals were not that long ago... seems like a short turnaround time comparatively.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Lucemon Falldown Mode always have wing pair on the head. It's just me assumed Lucemon X's "bird wings" is new one while the lower one below that new big one is "original wings" but with the new images, I realized there are 3 wing pairs on his hairstyle. Surprised all demonic bat wings are gone and he is very so much looking Holy and holier.... But honestly all golden colors on every wings made it look like it's bird feather wings rather than angel wings in my view.

Maybe it must be that X antibody's effect amplifying his half Holy power stronger and other half Dark power completely vanished but he is still SGDL leader.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rather than actually being holier, it's most likely a case of a false appearance of appearing holy. It's a common concept: the prideful fallen angel takes on the appearance that best represents their peak. It caters to the Vanity side of Pride.