Digital Monster X Ver.2 Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fittingly, the frequency of random events is also random lol. I've once gotten 3 in a relatively short timespan, sometimes I get none. All the ones I can think of also happen shortly after they wake up.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw an older comment on the original X thread about the daily XAI roll needing to be 6 or higher to even be able to have the special random encounters occur, then I remembered that I got to reroll on the red device the other day when I had to change out the batteries so I sneakily cheekily reset and loaded the saves on both and got a 6 and 7 respectively for the red and purple devices. Meanwhile, I was able to unlock BlackWarGreymon X and Chaosdramon X so it will be good to get them all the way to the end.

edit:
Welp, Lucemon X appeared but despite a 7 XAI roll with a perfect shot, I did not win.

edit 2:
Not even 5 minutes later BlackWarGreymon X encountered a Numemon... and then 10 minutes later encountered another Numemon. Ugh.

Last edited:

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There must be something in the digital network today because I had a xai roll of 5 and have had at least that many random encounters today

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ve never had two devices so in sync with each other, but I suppose it’s just the programming. I got a 7 for both today and at the exact same time they both had encountered with Lucemon and Demon... and both lost in spectacular fashion! Ugh! The second random event happened on the way to work, they both had an item drop again at the exact same time.

Edit:
I actually forgot they would be evolving even if I didn’t end up beating the random encounters (which I sadly did not do) so I got a nice surprise when Chaosdramon X evolved into Diablomon X. As I was finally finishing off all the areas with him BlackWarGreymon X evolved into Barbamon X. The SP area from connecting the two together is a real bastard to beat, I ended up using that portal that takes you right to Leviamon boss.

Last edited:

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys; I've been running my V2s for six days now and I've been having a blast but it seems my purple version has run out of batteries already. I remember the V1 sometimes had an issue with batteries and I was wondering if anyone else had this come up with the V2 as well?

I gave it a fresh battery so we'll see if it was just low but I put the battery in my Red version and it seemed fine which is worrying.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I started bothe colours two Saturdays ago and the red one died the following Monday, so I had to get a pack of new ones. The purple is still going with the factory batteries but I’m sure it’ll die any day now.

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah yea; hopefully it's just a battery issue but I did have another problem. When I put the fresh batteries back in my purple; my Digimon's levels reset back to 1 but the Red kept his levels. Kind of frustrating but I hope it's not a persistent issue.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's the battery. Mine died in less than 24 hours lol. As long as you are using a good reliable brand of battery now, you should be fine, mine lasted well over a month of VERY rigorous use, and should generally last 2-3 months of normal use.

gottabe23

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, quick question. I've been looking around for a bit, but haven't been able to find a specific answer yet. I was just wondering if there is a confirmed method for acquiring a traited egg at the end of a digimon's life cycle.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine has survived with the default battery for more than a month with moderate daily use.

Anyway, I'm a bit frustrated about the random events. I just fight numemon and sometimes I find items, but as far as I know I have to face Demon X to unlock him right? I already have Beelzebumon X and Lilithmon X and he's my last goal.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, quick question. I've been looking around for a bit, but haven't been able to find a specific answer yet. I was just wondering if there is a confirmed method for acquiring a traited egg at the end of a digimon's life cycle.
They just have to stay alive for 48 hours after reaching their latest evolution. Information like that can be found in the FAQ found at the lower right of this page: https://humulos.com/digimon/dmx/2/#

Anyway, I'm a bit frustrated about the random events. I just fight numemon and sometimes I find items, but as far as I know I have to face Demon X to unlock him right? I already have Beelzebumon X and Lilithmon X and he's my last goal.
Yep! You have to beat Demon X in a Random Encounter to unlock him, and he will only appear if you Daily XAI is 6 or 7.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was following the evolution guides to get Mametyramon to Chaosdramon. Level 3, no care mistakes, Area 32 cleared, but he evolved into PrinceMamemon instead.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was following the evolution guides to get Mametyramon to Chaosdramon. Level 3, no care mistakes, Area 32 cleared, but he evolved into PrinceMamemon instead.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ooh! That is super interesting! I've heard of Mametyramon becoming Prince Mamemon X before, but I have never been able to recreate that scenario. Any other things you did uniquely that you can think of, other than care mistakes and level?

May I know what "Defeat 0 Stage VI Digimon in Quest Mode" means?
Yep! It means that in order to meet that requirement, you cannot defeat Ultimate (Sub) / Mega (Dub) Digimon in quest mode.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh! That is super interesting! I've heard of Mametyramon becoming Prince Mamemon X before, but I have never been able to recreate that scenario. Any other things you did uniquely that you can think of, other than care mistakes and level?
The last area I cleared as of him evolving was 36. I don't remember how many effort hearts were filled, but I'm not sure how much that factors into it. Other than that I don't recall anything particularly unique.

Stryke107

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been blown away with both of the X versions so far, but this one definitely has some quality of life improvements over the X1 (the EXP chip is great). The biggest improvement, though, has to be fixing the contrast issue. The funky contrast was my only complaint with the X1, so I'm so glad to see that fixed.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The last area I cleared as of him evolving was 36. I don't remember how many effort hearts were filled, but I'm not sure how much that factors into it. Other than that I don't recall anything particularly unique.
Aight I found the logical fallacy! I was working under a false notion that if a Digimon exists on both colors, and it evolves into a Digimon that exists on both colors, that the outcomes would be the same. When testing evolutions for every Digimon being unlocked, I never ran into a case where that wasn't true, and so when it finally came time for me to test evolutions for fewer areas unlocked, I tested evolutions that were the same on both devices on just one device. As such, since Mametyramon would become Chaosdramon X on both devices with area 45 cleared, logic dictated that with no areas cleared it should still evolve into the same thing on both devices, but NOPE! That was incorrect! Mametyramon becomes Prince Mamemon X on Red and Metal Piranimon on Purple.

Glad that mystery is finally solved, thank you for reporting the error!

Also this continues Red's dominance over Purple, lol. You only have one way to get Prince Mamemon X on Purple, and now there are THREE on Red!

GuidingLight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like the battles are a bit more difficult on the X2 as opposed to the X1. I was wondering if anyone else was losing battles more often on this device

BlackWargreymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
May I know what "Defeat 0 Stage VI Digimon in Quest Mode" means?
Yep! It means that in order to meet that requirement, you cannot defeat Ultimate (Sub) / Mega (Dub) Digimon in quest mode.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Since I have already unlocked all 45 arenas, I can no longer achieve this mission "Defeat 0 Stage VI Digimon in Quest Mode" ?

Stryke107

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, Since I have already unlocked all 45 arenas, I can no longer achieve this mission "Defeat 0 Stage VI Digimon in Quest Mode" ?
If you used the Digimon you want to evolve to clear all 45 arenas, then no, you can't meet that requirement. However, that resets when your Digimon dies (or evolves? I'm less sure on that one). So if you used your last Digimon to clear the arenas, you can still meet that requirement with your new one.