Digital Monster X Ver.2 Discussion

DaiTigris

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ERROR::DaiTigris.Location could not be found.
So I woke up today and remembered I had to go pre-order mine before tomorrow. Logged into Premium Bandai USA to find out I had a free shipping coupon. Proceed to say heck I'm buying both versions now cause I had about 70 bucks placed aside for this.

EDIT: oh shoot my tired brain misread thread titles, I was talking about the X3. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't believe the P-Bandai US orders are shipping so late.... I wonder if that's the same for all pre-orders after July 3rd (or was it the fifth?) or just those done through the US site.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask: Does anyone know why the power level of an X Digimon is weaker than a normal one in the V Pet 20th anniversary version? According to the digimon list in humulos page a Tyranomon has a power of 70 while Tyranomon X has a power of 62 and as far as I have seen it's the same with every other Digimon that had registered stats. Is it because that's the power level at level 1 and they become more powerful as they increase levels? I'm planning to get this device and I while it's not a deal breaker I expected them to be more powerful if I decided to fight against a 20th anniversary version.
The power levels are relative only to specific device families, so Tyranomon is only 70 on the DM20, it is NOT 70 on other devices. When an DMX fights a DM20, they both use the original Digital Monster Battle System, in which there are 10 "tiers" of power, as opposed to power levels ranging between 4 and 254 on the modern devices. The strength of these different tiers was known on the original Digital Monster series, but there are reasons to believe that the programming may have changed for the modern devices, and as such, I cannot say for sure which tiers are stronger than others I also do not have a list of every Digimon by Other Battle Tier, because extracting that information is a LONG process.

TL;DR: Don't worry about power levels when using two different device types.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for taking the time to respond and just as I did in my introduction a few days ago, I wanna thank you for all your hard work sharing all of this information to us. It's amazing that there's still tuff to discover with these devices, it makes it more exciting.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but the X3 news have been disappointing. I didn't like many of the X versions that were revealed, both their actual appearance and the sprites. I found the X2 designs more solid and enjoyed almost every character in the roster despite preferring the Royal Knights over the Demon Lords. Aside from Hexeblaumon and a few others I don't feel like I'm missing much.

Last edited:

VampJoe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So excited, I ordered a set of the X2's and preordered the X3's. Plan is to give, probably Red, to a friend for Christmas and raise the other myself. Can't wait for Terriermon in the X3 though!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A new roster of Digimon, slightly larger than the rosters for the X2, but that's about it. Jogressing was also brought back in a limited way, for specific Digimon.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally got my X2 yesterday and the device is awesome. Right now I have a Gomamon X and I'm clearing all the stages I can to unlock stuff. Also, the red color is beautiful.

GuidingLight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a tip for everyone, the exp board increases the amount of exp you get from battles by 2x when used. You can get them from both the area 13 and area 43 encounters.

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quick question - what evolutions do the x1 connection and red/purple connection unlock?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the connection with an X1, you get
Beelzebumon X
, but this can also be unlocked by winning 200 battles and then beating any boss in quest mode.

Connecting Red and Purple will unlock Area SP, which lets you unlock
Leviamon X

Conando

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is that all with one Digimon or is cumulative? It's not that big a deal if it's either, just kind of a pain to pull out my ver 1's and replace the batteries to get a quick unlock.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is that all with one Digimon or is cumulative? It's not that big a deal if it's either, just kind of a pain to pull out my ver 1's and replace the batteries to get a quick unlock.
I want to know this too since I don't have an X1. I also want to know if said requirement can apply to any ultimate or if you need to follow a specific line. I have a Black Wargreymon X so from what I understand, I need to battle 200 battles and then a boss to get Beelzebumon X, right?

Edit: X2 Stage list

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been done already ( I only found a list for the X1) but I made a list of the first 30 stages in the X2 so that anyone can know which Digimon are featured in each stage, the number of areas in each one, location of resting points and which items are obtained as rewards. Here's the link, I hope it helps someone: (Link removed, the complete list of all the 45 stages is in my next post).

Last edited:

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got an email from Premium Bandai US saying my X2s have shipped! Currently scheduled to be delivered on Friday! :3

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated V Pet X2 stage list:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OTG6vRQeiV_CuOVGV_j7woRgbeHC0RfA/view?usp=sharing

Now it has all of the original 45 stages, it only lacks the information from the special area since I don't have an X1 to unlock it. Sorry!

Keep in mind:
1. Every last Digimon in each stage is a boss.
2. XAI is the item that will assure a 7 on the XAI system in the next stage you play.
3. (X) is the item that instantly gets you to the boss in the next stage you play.
4. R is for resting areas.
5. Unfortunately, I can't include the information about the evolution unlockables since I already unlocked them before beginning this list.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh dang Roy, I wish I would have seen your message earlier! I do indeed have the stages and unlockables all listed out here (some haven't been transferred from comments yet):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wOajFjB1BkWFYA5H9t4Y3X690/edit#gid=1296244013

In other news, the evolution guide is complete, as far as having every Digimon unlocked goes! Results will vary if you haven't unlocked everything, and that information will be added later on:
https://humulos.com/digimon/dmx/2/

As for the 200 battles thing, I need to verify whether or not it is cumulative, I am not certain but I can test that pretty easily. To be clear, winning 200 times and beating a boss unlocks the evolution, but it doesn't activate it. Beelzebumon X can only come from 2 specific Ultimate Digimon.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh dang Roy, I wish I would have seen your message earlier! I do indeed have the stages and unlockables all listed out here (some haven't been transferred from comments yet):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wOajFjB1BkWFYA5H9t4Y3X690/edit#gid=1296244013

In other news, the evolution guide is complete, as far as having every Digimon unlocked goes! Results will vary if you haven't unlocked everything, and that information will be added later on:
https://humulos.com/digimon/dmx/2/

As for the 200 battles thing, I need to verify whether or not it is cumulative, I am not certain but I can test that pretty easily. To be clear, winning 200 times and beating a boss unlocks the evolution, but it doesn't activate it. Beelzebumon X can only come from 2 specific Ultimate Digimon.
Don't worry mate, it's a shame I couldn't contribute with the cause though.

Thanks for the info about Beelzebumon X, I guess I'll be getting Demon X then and after that, I'll try to get Beelstarmon to evolve her into him.

Edit: So Blackwargreymon evolved into Barbamon and I have no idea why... He had no care mistakes and was level 10. Also, we had cleared all 45 stages. I suppose that Demon X and Rasenmon are unlocked in a different way, I haven't been able to do random events so maybe that's the way to unlock them?

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't worry mate, it's a shame I couldn't contribute with the cause though.

Thanks for the info about Beelzebumon X, I guess I'll be getting Demon X then and after that, I'll try to get Beelstarmon to evolve her into him.

Edit: So Blackwargreymon evolved into Barbamon and I have no idea why... He had no care mistakes and was level 10. Also, we had cleared all 45 stages. I suppose that Demon X and Rasenmon are unlocked in a different way, I haven't been able to do random events so maybe that's the way to unlock them?
I've still got something you can help with if you like! I just added the page for quest mode to my site here: https://humulos.com/digimon/dmx/quest/2/

Since you've gone through and personally checked every area, I would love some corroboration to ensure that the list I have is accurate. If you have time, let me know if you see any errors!

As for Black War Greymon, Rasenmon would have been unlocked after you cleared ara 45, so I'm surprised that you didn't get that instead of Barbamon X. Demon X however does require clearing a special random encounter to unlock, so it doens't surprise me that you didn't get him. After I've got the main meat of the DMX2 taken care of, I plan on going back and researching/adding requirements for when not everything is unlocked.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Purple and Red came yesterday! Woohoo~~unfortunately, I was so excited about getting the Spirit of Darkness line that I didn't realize I needed to clear stages, so I ended up with Otamamon X. Not bad, but not what I wanted for my first line so I went ahead and backed it up so I could try out Impmon X. Vamdemon X -> Cherubimon (Vice) X sounds like a plan. Excited to see how it goes!

S0G

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It has a how to keep Ultimate digimon not evol to Ultra digimon ? (I like BlackWarGreymon and DarkKnightmon)
If I want to keep my Ultimate digimon not evol to Ultra digimon, I doubt that I must done 3 care mistake in Ultimate digimon then it will not evol to Ultra digimon ? or it will evol fail and Ultimate digimon will become digitama ?