Digital Monster X discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Special Random Encounter may occur when you roll a 7 or a 6 for your daily XAI roll. Instead of Numemon X, you'll fight with Demon X. If you win, you unlock it!

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding "The first time you go into Quest Mode each day, you will roll the XAI. The roll of this XAI will affect how much experience you gain from each Digimon that day, as well as how difficult the fights will be." For a while I was logging the experience for my quest battles. It seems each opponent has 2 possible experience values. 4-6 dots gives the lower amount, and 1-3 or 7 dots gives the higher amount. I would guess that 1-3 dots is high difficulty high experience, 4-6 dots is low difficulty low experience, and 7 dots is low difficulty high experience (best of both worlds).

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All hail our Lord and Saviour PlatinaNumemon!
He descended in all his silvery glory in the Dark Area on his golden wings and liberated us from the Seven Deadly Sins, defeating them one by one with his mighty faeces and holy emission.
Amen.

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few questions: 1. If the alert icon is on, and the digimon is trying to go to sleep, and I turn the lights on, is this a care mistake? 2. If I reset the time (put it at 11:59, let it go to to 00:00, then set it to 6:59 and let it go to 7:00) does this effect age/evolution? 3. Can you have more than 4 care mistakes? 4. If I beat a random encounter battle with 1 evolution, do I have to beat it again for the later evolutions that require it? 5. Does the reset button let you reload your save for a new XAI roll?

Last edited:

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1. I think not, it happened to me a few times by accident and it didn't disrupt the evo I was aiming at.
2. Every time the clock goes from 23.59 to 0.00, it adds a year to the age count, but that's only estethic, it doesn't affect evolution. The time span for the next evolution is counted indipendently from the clock, i.e. if it's 10.00 a.m. and the next evolution is in 12 hours, you still have to wait 12 hours even if you set the clock to 10.00 p.m.
Also, if you control the time this way just to reset the XAI roll, you don't need to wait a minute till 7.00, you can just set the time you want (after it got from 23.59 to 0.00, that is).
3. In theory you can, but at some stages your Digimon will die when it's time to evolve. I think that happens only to stage V, VI and VI+, but take that with a grain of salt, since I may be confusing v-pets. I'm pretty sure you can deduce that info from Humulos's site, if you check everything in the DMX section.
4. If you mean LordKnightmon X\Minervamon X, no, you don't. When you defeat them in a random encounter for the first time, you'll unlock them for every Digimon that can evolve to them. It works the same as unlocking evolutions by Quest Mode, it shows the slot number added to the library.
5. Yes, it does. When you reset and reload the save it will roll a new XAI. I know because I had to change the battery right when it appeared LordKnightmon X and of course the next roll after resetting wasn't a 6 or 7... :rolleyes:

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1. I think not, it happened to me a few times by accident and it didn't disrupt the evo I was aiming at.
2. Every time the clock goes from 23.59 to 0.00, it adds a year to the age count, but that's only estethic, it doesn't affect evolution. The time span for the next evolution is counted indipendently from the clock, i.e. if it's 10.00 a.m. and the next evolution is in 12 hours, you still have to wait 12 hours even if you set the clock to 10.00 p.m.
Also, if you control the time this way just to reset the XAI roll, you don't need to wait a minute till 7.00, you can just set the time you want (after it got from 23.59 to 0.00, that is).
3. In theory you can, but at some stages your Digimon will die when it's time to evolve. I think that happens only to stage V, VI and VI+, but take that with a grain of salt, since I may be confusing v-pets. I'm pretty sure you can deduce that info from Humulos's site, if you check everything in the DMX section.
4. If you mean LordKnightmon X\Minervamon X, no, you don't. When you defeat them in a random encounter for the first time, you'll unlock them for every Digimon that can evolve to them. It works the same as unlocking evolutions by Quest Mode, it shows the slot number added to the library.
5. Yes, it does. When you reset and reload the save it will roll a new XAI. I know because I had to change the battery right when it appeared LordKnightmon X and of course the next roll after resetting wasn't a 6 or 7... :rolleyes:
Tysm, so the timer for evolution starts as soon as they evolve, and nothing I do will change how long it takes? If you keep making a digimon age, will it eventually die? I haven't seen the care mistake skull since I made the timer go to midnight myself, so I wasn't sure if any of my care mistakes were counting, but then I got the evo I wanted so that's good.

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nothing I do will change how long it takes
As long as you don't put them in the fridge or backup them, of course, both of which pause the evolution timer (and they don't age).
If you keep making a digimon age, will it eventually die?
No, it won't die of old age. However as time passes (so, again, not tied with the age displayed), it becomes more and more difficult to answer their need, till it's just inevitable to make 4 mistakes and watch them die.
I haven't seen the care mistake skull since I made the timer go to midnight myself, so I wasn't sure if any of my care mistakes were counting, but then I got the evo I wanted so that's good.
Mmh, I'm not sure what do you mean by the care mistake skull, but you know care mistakes can't be seen, don't you? Websites like Digitama Hatchery use the skull icon as a symbol of convenience for care mistakes, but they don't actually appear as such in the v-pet. It's just a hidden number.

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nothing I do will change how long it takes
As long as you don't put them in the fridge or backup them, of course, both of which pause the evolution timer (and they don't age).
If you keep making a digimon age, will it eventually die?
No, it won't die of old age. However as time passes (so, again, not tied with the age displayed), it becomes more and more difficult to answer their need, till it's just inevitable to make 4 mistakes and watch them die.
I haven't seen the care mistake skull since I made the timer go to midnight myself, so I wasn't sure if any of my care mistakes were counting, but then I got the evo I wanted so that's good.
Mmh, I'm not sure what do you mean by the care mistake skull, but you know care mistakes can't be seen, don't you? Websites like Digitama Hatchery use the skull icon as a symbol of convenience for care mistakes, but they don't actually appear as such in the v-pet. It's just a hidden number.
Ty I thought by saying "it'll warn you when it's a care mistake", I thought it would show me. Ig not, but just to be sure once the call icon comes on, it counts as a care mistake when it turns itself off? Sorry, I'm new to this, and have like 5 different guides I've been looking at (including the evo tree) I just wanna be sure I know all I need to. 😊

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's right, when the call icon goes back off it's counted as a care mistake.
Don't worry, we've all been there. I recall with my first v-pet (a DM20) I read all the sections of Humulos's site probably more than a couple of time and the instruction manual.

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's right, when the call icon goes back off it's counted as a care mistake.
Don't worry, we've all been there. I recall with my first v-pet (a DM20) I read all the sections of Humulos's site probably more than a couple of time and the instruction manual.
I've been taking care of the Digimon I've been raising, they take so long to evolve, I hope I don't hit an Evo fail, or just evolve one to watch it die super fast. Two last questions 1. If 1 poop stays on the screen for over 20-30 mins is that a care mistake or only 2-3 poops? 2. The special encounter battles are the ones that show up while idling right? (I reset for daily XAI rolls, got a 6 on one device, and a 7 on the other ((I bought both versions)) I got an encounter on both while idling, and I'm not sure if those are the only battles/encounters I need to worry about.) (Ofc I have the special area unlocked, but I don't think I've beaten it on either) again thank you for all the help. 😊

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1. Poop is never a care mistake. It's a problem when there are 8 of it, because your Digimon will get sick, but sickness and injuries don't count as care mistakes (and you can do 19 of each before it dies). However if it stays sick for 6 hours it will die (same for injury).
2. Yes, that's the special random encounter, different from the usual Damemon because it's an unlockable Digimon (Minervamon X in Version XA or LordKnightmon X in Version XB), but it still happens only when idle. It's not related to the special area, which I believe shows up as a selectable area in Quest Mode after connecting A and B version (I own only one).

If you haven't already, I'd suggest to read these Instructions by Humulos, which are explained better than the official booklet. That website is the source of all the information I gave you, btw.

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1. Poop is never a care mistake. It's a problem when there are 8 of it, because your Digimon will get sick, but sickness and injuries don't count as care mistakes (and you can do 19 of each before it dies). However if it stays sick for 6 hours it will die (same for injury).
2. Yes, that's the special random encounter, different from the usual Damemon because it's an unlockable Digimon (Minervamon X in Version XA or LordKnightmon X in Version XB), but it still happens only when idle. It's not related to the special area, which I believe shows up as a selectable area in Quest Mode after connecting A and B version (I own only one).

If you haven't already, I'd suggest to read these Instructions by Humulos, which are explained better than the official booklet. That website is the source of all the information I gave you, btw.
What's the difference in the versions? (Ver.1 Ver.2 Ver.3) *on the site

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Each version is basically a very different v-pet from the Digital Monster X series: different rosters and different enemies.
In Japan, Digital Monster X came out in 3 different subsequent versions: X1, X2 and X3, each with two colors (black and white for X1, red and purple for X2, yellow and blue for X3). There are small differences in available Digimon within each pair of colors (see the section Versions&Exclusives for details): these are identified by letters from A to F, corresponding to a specific color.
The english version right now is based on X1 with four colors: black&red; purple&red; white&blue; green&blue.
They already announced four more colors based on X2, coming at the end of March: translucent red&gold; metallic grey&gold; translucent purple&silver; metallic navy&silver.

Yes, it's a mess.

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Each version is basically a very different v-pet from the Digital Monster X series: different rosters and different enemies.
In Japan, Digital Monster X came out in 3 different subsequent versions: X1, X2 and X3, each with two colors (black and white for X1, red and purple for X2, yellow and blue for X3). There are small differences in available Digimon within each pair of colors (see the section Versions&Exclusives for details): these are identified by letters from A to F, corresponding to a specific color.
The english version right now is based on X1 with four colors: black&red; purple&red; white&blue; green&blue.
They already announced four more colors based on X2, coming at the end of March: translucent red&gold; metallic grey&gold; translucent purple&silver; metallic navy&silver.

Yes, it's a mess.
Ok, I'll take a look at Versions and Exclusives. I see, so Ver. 2 for America is coming soon(?) Also what area do you use for xp farming?

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it seems from Amazon pre-orders.

I'm not quite sure myself yet which area(s) are best, but I'm using area 8 a lot, especially for low level Digimon. Or Damemon for higher stages.
You can also take a look at the document on exp. linked by BladeSabre a couple of posts before our exchange. (speaking of which, thank you very much, BladeSabre!)

NAVIks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I rolled a 4 for the day, and 16 minutes later I got the random battle encounter. So it seems you don't NEED a 5 or 6, but I will say I get a lot more items and battles when I roll a 5 or 6.

So it seems from Amazon pre-orders.

I'm not quite sure myself yet which area(s) are best, but I'm using area 8 a lot, especially for low level Digimon. Or Damemon for higher stages.
You can also take a look at the document on exp. linked by BladeSabre a couple of posts before our exchange. (speaking of which, thank you very much, BladeSabre!)
I have the X2s on pre-order RN. :)

DKqwerty

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has anyone found the Ver. 2 wave appearing at retail (specifically in N.E. US)?

I'm not finding anything, but I know Bandai is a "vendor" supplier for stores like Target and Walmart, so per store such inventory can be late to arrive and populate on their websites, if at all. (And not only no info, but staff has almost zero clue how to locate anything within their vendor inventory; Trying to find R2-D2 from Target this Xmas was almost laughable.)

itsnep

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have recently gotten into these devices, and while looking at the evolution chart for version 3, I saw that Gankoomon X evolves by fighting with Jesmon X. Can this evolution be obtained through fighting the same Jesmon X from version 1?