Digital Monster X discussion

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digital Monster X is now officially out and many users already have theirs. More people will be getting theirs in the coming weeks, so this thread will be used for all general discussion related to the Digital Monster X. This would include just chatting about the device and its features, posting neat information you discover about it, sharing evolution results and asking for help with specific functions of the device. For official information about the device, please view Bandai's product page here: https://p-bandai.com/sg/item/N2461450001001

Since this is a brand new device, we have relatively little information so share away with whatever you can find! Wikimon has been updated to include operation instructions, so check there for a general overview of how to use the device.

Evolution guide, operation guide and more can be found here: https://humulos.com/digimon/

This is the first new brand new, non-anniversary Vpet in nearly 10 years, which is very exciting! Have fun everyone!

The Digital Monster X Ver.2 is now released! Discussion can be found here: https://withthewill.net/threads/22607-Digital-Monster-X-Ver-2-Discussion

Preorders for the Digital Monster X Ver.3 are currently open. The official Bandai product page is here: https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000138602/
US Preorders can be found here: https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2504498001001

Last edited by a moderator:

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw someone post a photo of theirs with the last three rows of pixels missing on the screen. Hopefully that's not a common issue.

Oddly there's an error on one of the menus where "record" is misspelled as "recode".

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've just discovered via Twitter that Tuwarmon is the Battle Mode of Damemon as expected lol

Furthermore, not related but it seems that many fans are having issues with the battery of the devices. Does anyone have any idea what is this about?
Saw similar issues with the Pen20, though less severe. They probably have a bucket filled with random batteries and just throw whichever one in as long as the device turns on, lol. I doubt it's an actual issue with the device itself, so once a fresh battery is thrown in, I would expect it to last at least as long as the Ver.20th devices.

I saw someone post a photo of theirs with the last three rows of pixels missing on the screen. Hopefully that's not a common issue.

Oddly there's an error on one of the menus where "record" is misspelled as "recode".
LOL at the spelling. Hopefully the screens don't have that issue, but if they do, it's likely due to a loose contact, which is thankfully not too hard to fix... not that you should have to fix a brand new device you just paid 4800 yen for, but still!

I've started up a spreadsheet to log evolution information and already have a good amount of stuff from just monitoring Japanese twitter. Once again, the users have been very nice about replying to my requests for further details. Biggest thing that I've been able to determine, which many people probably already guessed, is that your experience level affects your evolution. I am also assuming Care Mistakes and Effort still factor for Adults, with battles still factoring for Perfects and Ultimates, but I don't have enough data to say that for sure. If anyone wants to collaborate, the spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rnnysN_Ib_wM47OSyxCzY-6u8m6MEQL_T1stIj59f9g/edit?usp=sharing

I've also got the visual guide started, and it should be updated in most cases a day or two after I log something in the spreadsheet. I'll post that when it becomes more fleshed out.

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has anyone gotten shipping confirmations yet?

Jomolo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I pre-ordered from JapanYouWant, not Premium Bandai, but I've gotten shipping confirmation. I did see someone on the digimon subreddit that ordered from PB though, and had already recieved theirs.

So I'm not sure why you haven't yet, XDragon, but I hope you get confirmation soon!

Edit - That is, supposing you asked because you haven't gotten it, I guess I just assumed.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope there is a new Digimon or two in this thing as a surprise! I didn't order one myself, so enjoy everybody!

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ordered from Nin Nin Game. (While thinking this might be unwise - last time I got stressed out when they wrote on Facebook that the thing was in stock and then didn't ship or reply to my messages for over 2 weeks.) But this time I have a quick shipping confirmation. So just hoping it's correct and arrives safely ;)

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ordered mine from Nippon-Yasan. They're showing the release date as the 20th, so I might get shipping confirmation tomorrow at the earliest.

Trance146

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got shipping confirmation for mine. It should arrive in a few days. Has anyone had a chance to translate any pieces of the instruction booklets from images online?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of the features are pretty straightforward, so I've not thought about translating the manual yet, nor have I seen anyone else try. As far as I've seen, it only exists in videos, so it may be hard to get a good view of it, but I'll try giving it a skim later and see if there's anything notable.

Thanks to Twitter, I can confirm that the evolution timer does move forward while Digimon sleep, just like in the Pen20. Users have just started getting Perfect levels, so Ultimates should be coming soon.

As for my device, expecting it by the end of the month. Got it from Autofittings on eBay, and they are supposed to be shipping it this week.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saw a few Ultimates on Twitter. According to one user, their Lucemon became Beelzebumon X and their Cho-Hakkaimon became Beelstarmon X. Another user, also raising Lucemon and Cho-Hakkaimon, evolved them both into Belial Vamdemon. I really like Beelzebumon and Beelstarmon as evolutions for those two.

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also order from Nippon yassan... Bit concerned that I haven't heard anything.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Both of mines were shipped yesterday.
I’ll let you all know when they arrive.
Genuinely curios about how the evolution will work out once I’m playing with them.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not exactly related to the V-Pet itself, but to the booklet manga Digimon Chronicle X. Soh Moriyama has replied this via Twitter to a couple of questions regarding the mini-manga (one of this is mine):
マンガはプロローグ、ラスボスについてはお答えしかねます。
I cannot answer anything regarding the manga's prologue or final boss.

一応、この物語は始まったばかりなのでお答えはできません。
This story has only just begun, so I cannot answer anything regarding that.

I hope this means he cannot talk about it because there are any plans to make a continuation in the future!! What do you guys think?

Great thanks to Garmmon for both translations.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Waiting for my confirmation from Nippon Yasan as well -- no rush but I'll be excited to get these! :)

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I missed the delivery for mine today, so I'll need to wait a day to pick up my Digimon X from the post office.

lonelydistance

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just cleared level three and in lieu of an item I got a mystery egg (a black egg with a question mark). Has anyone else encountered this?