Digital Monster Card Game Returns Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Set

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, the new set of the Digital Monster Card Game Returns is the Adventure 15th Anniversary Set, and comes out on January. I knew they would make more sets, but I didn't expect this.

Here, we have a X7 Superior Mode card and a Digimon Analyzer themed card case.

Here, I don't have time to translate everything so I'll guess from what I can read. We have cards from the Chosen's 8 strongest forms plus Omegamon with new art from Kenji Watanabe, a card based on the Greymon from the first movie, and cards for the Chosen and Gennai.
By the way, what is Angewomon doing with that lasso halo thing? I don't remember an attack like that in the series.

Thanks to N36hoko for posting about it here and here.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
?! Those cards are really good looking, yo?!
I never knew that Greymon from the movie actually get a card...!

So Apollomon finally got one but Dianamon didn't... How sad.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More Cards are always great.
I am still kinda hoping that sooner or later they might release normal boosters and cards with the new series.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want them to give levels or level equivalents to the xros mon

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NO NO NO NO

WHY NOW, I NEED THAT MONEY

I think I'll just skip this one. They're really going overboard with these prices.

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw nuts... I was afraid something like that would happen. It's actually affordable for me, what with all the Jewish holidays coming up, but I have absolutely no way of getting that set since I have no Japanese proxies.

I guess I'm going to have to wait for people to put it up on ebay, like the previous 15th Anniversary card box... and cry because they'll charge $1000 for it, like the previous card box...

Ugh... I want these so bad...

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
?! Those cards are really good looking, yo?!
I never knew that Greymon from the movie actually get a card...!

It did in fact have a card from an earlier carddass release, it was a part of a theatrical promotion with Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! game in 1999: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/..._the_color-img438x600-1242462824ekap5b492.jpg. This upcoming one is its debut in the Hyper Coliseum obviously.

It says 'Koromon' in its name field interestingly, this is the name the Yagami siblings knew it by since once it evolved in the original it had no dialogue as with the dub, it became more feral so I guess that is the explanation in the way Fujimoto Hideto's War Greymon and Metal Garurumon were referred to as Warg and Melga.

I can't wait for this set, I want to know the base attack power of X7 Superior Mode and any special abilities or how much more powerful the older Digimon will become.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah thanks, Paruseruru!
But that card... Says Infinite HP? So OP...

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah thanks, Paruseruru!
But that card... Says Infinite HP? So OP...
Your welcome.

Indeed it does regarding its HP. It took a while but I finally tracked this card down. It is certainly different, much larger and more aggressive than Yagami Taichi's Greymon from Adventure. It has a lighter underbelly. It was voiced by the late Bob Papenbrook in the dub of the first film and was referred to as "Red Greymon" in the credits and had a body structure and stance more scientifically accurate also, of a Tyrannosaur than the anime series character. It had no dialogue in the original, just growls.

Interestingly, judging from the size of the overpass where this scene took place in Hikarigaoka, difficult to scale from watching the film but after seeing it in real life last year there in Japan on August 1st, this Greymon was as long as the overpass and was for lack of a better term, gigantic. I will be very interesting to see what its base attack power is compared to other Greymon and what its special abilities, if any, are.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/Parukeruru-san/HikarigaokaStreet_zps3c98c059.png

Last edited:

Abarekiller

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
first time doing something like this, how would one go about purchasing this?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This look great! I really love the binder art. It is really expensive though. There must be a lot more cards than the last two sets, and maybe extra stuff hopefully?

I don't think all the new cards are revealed on the preview site.

Lord Puppetmon said:
I just use Yokatta. He has a bunch of stuff listed on his site but you acn email him for anything else. http://yokattaweb.jp/ The second and third card sets, Premium Select 1 and Premium Select 2 only ended up being about 9000 yen on Mandarake too but they rarely show up and I don't know if it'll stay at retail price if it shows up on Mandarake.

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw nuts... I was afraid something like that would happen. It's actually affordable for me, what with all the Jewish holidays coming up, but I have absolutely no way of getting that set since I have no Japanese proxies.

I guess I'm going to have to wait for people to put it up on ebay, like the previous 15th Anniversary card box... and cry because they'll charge $1000 for it, like the previous card box...

Ugh... I want these so bad...

I used Yokatta Shipping Service for the previous two, they're fairly reasonable.

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, crap, I wish I'd known about Yokatta when the previous 15th anni box was still on sale. :(

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, crap, I wish I'd known about Yokatta when the previous 15th anni box was still on sale. :(

Yeah, I kind of found out about it a little too late myself. I did manage to get vol.1 / 2 though. Do you plan on getting this one?
Also, would you please refer to the PM I sent you a while ago? Thanks.

AtomicGreymon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More Cards are always great.
I am still kinda hoping that sooner or later they might release normal boosters and cards with the new series.

Brand new sets would be cool, but I hope they're still sold via P-Bandai as it's a lot more convenient than if the cards are only available in vending machines or stores in Japan.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... a Digimon Analyzer themed card case.

Here, I don't have time to translate everything so I'll guess from what I can read. We have cards from the Chosen's 8 strongest forms plus Omegamon with new art from Kenji Watanabe, a card based on the Greymon from the first movie, and cards for the Chosen and Gennai.

Ugh. I love that card case, but I don't have $150 to put down on these... I know I'll probably spend just as much tracking down Yamato's card, and to a lesser extent the Gabumon/M.Garurumon ones...

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why do Tailmon's and WereGarurumon's names have different colors than the others'?