Digital Monster 25th Anniversary Museum Exhibition Open Today- New Preview Images, Including Prototype V-Pet

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
museum1_july26_2022.jpg
museum2_july26_2022.jpg
museum3_july26_2022.jpg

With the Digimon Museum opening today for it's 3 day run, we get a few preview images from Game Watch.

All the previous details on the museum can be found here.

The first image shows off a prototype V-Pet that will be on display. The sample image looks like it's a render. Based on the screen and other elements this is likely a prototype of the Digimon 20th anniversary V-Pet from a few years ago (or a prototype for an update.)

The next 2 photos shows off various pieces of art that will be shown off at the exhibition. The art is from the Digimon Card Game, and showing them off is Masashi Harada, who is in charge of the Digimon brand.

Just a neat little preview now that it's open.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 5,035

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m very intrigued by the prototype. I don’t recall any of my Vpets having a little led light like that one (original and rerelease). Although now that I think about it I’ve never opened and seen the insides of a rerelease (anniversary) one. I’m curious do they have a led light inside?

Imagine if this IS for the new vpet product: could it be possible it will have interchangeable casings? That would be pretty cool. No idea about the light. Some sort of infrared sensor?

Edit: Some ideas about the light. Could it be some sort of nfc reader? Would be cool if it had pvp for classic 2-prog devices in addition to nfc for vital bracelet compatibility!

Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that Tyrannomon art I never liked at all and the Agumon one is mid but the Omnimon, Gammamon, and Machinedramon arts they chose are amazing pieces.
I hope we hear more context about this prototype v-pet soon!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. These kind of prototypes are usually interesting to see. You know, a replaceable case really might be fun to see. If done well.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is not really what I was expecting from the v-pet prototype. It seems completely unrelated to the Vital Bracelet. But the previous info mentioned it being a new v-pet, right? So it can't just be a prototype image of the one from a few years ago.

I'm really curious now.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That prototype "version" is cool. It's 3D render anyway, so for me it's like they are going to release a new V-Pet with that look. A prototype case, for sale.

The big artworks of CG makes me hopeful and still want to have the artbook series that contains all artworks from DCG in hi res, without text.