MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit of a wrap up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

DigiNavi happened earlier today, and most of it was going over things we knew, with a few new things.

Various things said were combinations of new, clarifications, etc. Some of them were somewhat obvious just from watching and seeing the placards they were holding up, but there is still a decent chunk to look over.

The full stream is archived on Bandai's Youtube for anyone who wants to watch it:

We also did a news index of the recent Digimon news for anyone who missed anything.

We have translations of some of the more relevant details for a few of the bigger subjects in the stream thanks to onkei.

First up, various details from Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There are 30,000 chosen children with Digimon partners in 2010 around the world at the time the movie takes place

The Digimon community is set up online as kind of a help site to make co-existing comfortable between Digimon and humans. If there's a Digimon in trouble, the children can use gates to get there and help them and such.

The functions of the old Digivice have been ported into the new smartphone device, and the kids can use both. The smartphone device has the ability to open digital gates.

The movie has homages to "Bokura no War Game" with the digital tunnels that the Digimon used in the internet.

Tamura says there's a tough fight right at the very beginning.

Kinoshita says to watch the conversation "between two geniuses" (Menoa and Koushiro) & the children's reactions watching the countdown on their Digivices.

When they talk about Taichi living on his own, Agumon comments that "Taichi actually keeps a pretty neat house."

Aspects of the movies animation is still being worked on, but various recording/production details are finished. Seki Hiromi was present for recording and told Kinoshita she loved it and it made her remember about the past quite a bit.

Before the post-recording period, the 02 actors came together to meet eachother, test reading lines together, etc. Iori's actor was nervous about meeting Megumi Urawa (Iori and Armadimon in 02, and Armadimon in the new movie), but came out relieved when she said he was just like Iori.

After recording their parts, the 02 actors went out to eat together to celebrate, and they have been pressuring Kinoshita to make sure their characters show up in future media.

The 'glowing' Digivice is linked to the 'last evolution' that Agumon mentions in the preview.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US.

Then we have some of the details regarding the new Digimon Card Game Version 0.0 cards.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The booster sets for the card game will be sold in April, but the promotional 0.0 packs will be available sooner. They will be distributed (not sold) as 'various places' that will be announced later.

Each 0.0 pack will have 6 cards that will 'heighten' parameters in the game. A 'variety of cards' is mentioned, so it appears it may be more than the 6 mentioned (it isn't clear if any of the cards are unique, or if they are just from the first wave of cards, just available early.)

The new Digimon Card game is out in a few months and we've gotten a decent amount of info in the week we've known about it.

Last up is the Digimon Survive Q&A content, which also included some game text, and imagery..

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Q- About Choices.
How much will choices made affect the story? What other effects will choices have other than changing story direction?

Habu- Choices made during the adventuer part will affect the evolution of your Digimon, and this evolution is what will change the story. There are 3 story routes, plus 1 hidden route. What route you're on determine which characters may survive or die.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Aoi: "I think I heard something on the roof..."
Takuma: (There doesn't look like there's anything there...)
Falcomon: "I agree with her. I do sense something up there..."
Minoru: "Why don't we use the camera? It might show something!"

Habu says that when you are in a route, the set/collection of the choices you make could unlock another evolution, so he wants the player to play the game to completion. So even if your Digimon has evolved one way in one route, it might evolve to something more in another route.

He thinks these kinds of evolutions will unlock when you play the game the 2nd of 3rd time.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Q: About tactical battles.
What makes your game system unique compared to other SRPGs (simulation RPGs)?

Habu: It's a turn-based tactical battle system, and the Digimon evolve during battle. They use up energy to evolve. Using special attacks also uses up energy, so maintaining the evolved state while having an advantage in battle will be a big key to the battle system

They are building the game with the anime's version of battle in mind, with the way the Digimon evolve and de-evolve.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Q: About the appearing Digimon.
Did you choose the Digimon partners/their types in Survive based on the partners in Digimon Adventure?

Habu: In the games, I like to feature minor Digimon that didn't get to appear much in the anime. The reason we have Agumon as the protagonist's Digimon however, is we like to incorporate user opinions, and Agumon was the top choice of "Who would you like as a Digimon partner?" and "Who is a Digimon you know?"

He mentions they're thinking of giving different evolutions to Agumon that we haven't seen before in the anime and elsewhere.

The other Digimon partners will have evolutions that even the more 'maniac' (super diehard) fans will enjoy.

The 'original' types have been chosen to match the atmosphere of the game, with some rare new ones here and there.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Some expansions and clarifications on details related to Kizuna, the new card game, and Survive, with a number of them pulling out more questions it feels like.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It makes me wonder if all characters have four evolution lines from champion to mega though I suppose they won't since not everyone will be alive in every route. Still I wanna see what evolution lines they have come up with. That diehard fan comment is an interesting one. Also they mentioned they'd get a fourth route in there if they had time so I guess the delay allowed them to do that.

Also 30,000 digidestined in kizuna 2010. Dang. How many can get passed champion tho lol. And I hope they take their passports for those travels!

Last edited:

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That last line about how diehard fans will enjoy some of the evolutions has me interested. They have already dabbled a bit in some underused Digimon so far with examples like the original Falcomon and Diatrymon, so I'm curious what other rarely seen Digimon they have in mind.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m so curious about what the final Digimon roster of Survive will be, I’d love to see some super obscure Digimon like Callismon! I’m also rather intrigued by the fact you seem to be able to use your phone camera to see invisible things, it kind of reminds me of the concept of the Fatal Frame games.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Habu- Choices made during the adventuer part will affect the evolution of your Digimon, and this evolution is what will change the story. There are 3 story routes, plus 1 hidden route. What route you're on determine which characters may survive or die.
Hmm... so Order, Neutral and Chaos routes? :p

In all seriousness, I hope there's at least one route where everyone can survive.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The mention of new Digimon in Survive and previously underused or ununsed evolution choices for Agumon has me really excited, that's exactly the kind of thing I want to hear. Good to also get confirmation about the three routes and a secret route.

My hype for LEK is high enough that hearing new details like these is just tearing me up inside, I just want to time travel to March so I can watch it here lol.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reading all that about survive has hyped me up even more. Now I'm more desperate hurry up and release.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't wait to buy this new digimon card, also i really hope that they will come even in the west. In the meanwhile i will pre order some boxes.