DigiNavi (July 17th, 2020) Stream Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost time!

Digimon News Navigation begins in roughly 30 minutes from the time of this post.

The livestream will have content related to Digimon anime and various product releases. They have teased a special announcement at the end.

The livestream will be on Youtube, niconico, and Line Live if you want to watch (and if they don't end up geolocking it.) It will also be on Periscope via the Digimon Web Twitter.

It will be hosted by Yuki Iwai (a comedian, actor, writer, radio host, and manga/anime fan), and there will be other guests:
Chiaki Matsuzawa, host of various Digimon events including some DigiFes and DigiNavi events, and also cameoed in tri. will also host (just for a specific segment or two it appears?)
Atsuhiro Tomioka, series composer of Digimon Adventure:
Agumon will be there, voiced by Chika Sakamoto.
Comedy duo Cocolo will also appear. They were previously on DigiNavi in the past, and made a number of appearances in Digimon Card Battle.

We'll update with details as we get them, with big announcements also getting their own threads.

Updates to come...

Everything below here are updates added throughout the stream.

Intro and some previews of things they plan to show...

The Digivice:

Hackmon giveaway for ReArise, and Omegamon Merciful Mode is being added.

They're showing off the Digimon Shodo figures.

The new MetalGarurumon model kit.

They made the series composer market the underwear

Showing off some of the new smaller items.

At the moment they are going over the episodes of Adventure: that have already aired, while clips play.

The parallel cards for the secret rares from Booster Set 2.

DigiFes 2020 Online will include a streaming screening of X-Evolution.

And that's it for this Diginavi stream...

They did go over some other stuff we have seen before that we didn't snapshot. The video should be embedded above if you want to watch it. It had English subtitles, which should make viewing quite easy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please have some survive news I need it in my life lol.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I guess the surprise was that they are airing X-Evolution, not Our War Game. That is kind of cool actually!

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
X-EVOLUTION, X-EVOLUTION WILL BE STREAMED IN THE DIGIFES!!! I TAKE WHAT I SAID BACK!!!!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I guess the surprise was that they are airing X-Evolution, not Our War Game. That is kind of cool actually!
It's only cool if it's a decent master and not just based off the same eh DVD from 15ish years ago.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
X-Evolution? That's amazing but also pretty random.
If I'd expected it (and I really didn't), it would have been a while back when the Digital Monster X was the main V-pet they were promoting, but now that the V-Pets have moved on to Pendulum Z I was expecting the X-Digimon to fade into the background again for a while.
And to some extend I feel that's happened, like if they wanted to keep the X-Digimon hype train going, they would have introduced a few of them in the card game for example.

So I wonder where they are going with this, did they just need to fill over an hour worth of time and didn't want to bore people with Hurricane Touchdown, or are they actually leading up to something? Like X-evolution on BD? That would be neat.
I get why X-Evolution wasn't really a big priority to release so far but the recent X-V-Pets could have convinced them that there's enough of an audience for it.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
X-Evolution? That's amazing but also pretty random.
Well, the announced reason was because it got so many votes in the poll. It could be for a deeper reason, like advertising new X-Digimon products... but there's always the possibility it really is just because it got votes in the poll.

The absolute best case scenario is X-Evolution on BD... but I'll keep my expectations low.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's only cool if it's a decent master and not just based off the same eh DVD from 15ish years ago.
I’m just happy the “surprise” was actually mildly surprising. A decent master would just be icing on the cake.

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As expected, nothing that special. At least Omegamon MM is coming to ReArise and hopefully we can get its full profile this time. We can also expect a new animation of its other skill because back then in Linkz it showed only one skill.

I am curious about what the name of Omega MM's Garuru Cannon would be.
The Grey Sword of MM is Gu Rei Tou.
The Garuru Cannon of MM would be... Garuru Ho?

Ho means cannon in Japanese, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if that Hackmon will evolve into regular Jesmon or maybe into a new ultimate like they did with Grappleomon and Qirinmon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. I just got Demon(Creepymon? I thought that was fixed) and Titanmon in ReArise so Hackmon and OMM is nice. Can't wait to see people have that last one when I won't get it. But at least I'm going to be A rank now. Everything else is great. So much good merch.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. I just got Demon(Creepymon? I thought that was fixed) and Titanmon in ReArise so Hackmon and OMM is nice. Can't wait to see people have that last one when I won't get it. But at least I'm going to be A rank now. Everything else is great. So much good merch.
Hackmon and OMM won't be in global for quite a while and OMM will be super broken digimon like Rasenmon Anniversary they recently released which may not be sustainable in the long term (though I'm really keen to see how they do OMM's skill animations...). Also congrats being A rank but please don't hurry to get into S rank because once there wins will be hard to come by

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meh. Not like I was winning before I got the Megas. But oh well. I just do 3 matches to get the daily. I should do 5 so I can get a weekly and get an evo item but... I don't know.

ErifNeerg

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I watch the video where they had the digivice. I didn’t see any connectors on it. I’d be very discord if it can’t battle vpets.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they re-master X-Evolution, I wonder if Takayama Minami is available for the movie. What I see, she has not been doing anything this year so far.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they re-master X-Evolution, I wonder if Takayama Minami is available for the movie. What I see, she has not been doing anything this year so far.
Doesn't re-master simply upgrade movie HD quality and no need for re-dialogues? Besides many VAs have not been doing much this year due to virus pandemic though

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't re-master simply upgrade movie HD quality and no need for re-dialogues? Besides many VAs have not been doing much this year due to virus pandemic though
Remastering a CGI film would entail rerendering it at a higher resolution.

In certain cases small tweaks might be made for various reasons, but (generally) not ones that would be noticeable to the average viewer (outside of the general idea of it simply looking better by rendering it out at a better resolution.)

As you mention, they would not be re-recording dialogue except in (again, generally) odd circumstances, and none of those types of circumstances exist for X-Evolution that we are aware of.

Of course, the company that animated the film is long since gone, and we don't know how the film was initially output, delivered to Toei, stored by Toei, and what happened to the 'before they were rendered out' assets that the animation studio would have made.

If those assets weren't part of a delivery to Toei at some point, well... Imagi had many money issues, and it's possible something got junked, trashed, equipment wiped and sold, etc.

It was released in 2005, so one would hope Toei had 'some' sort of HD copy output and delivered as their master, even if the assets ended up lost, but this is a case where we know effectively nothing in the case of what resolution masters might exist, or if assets still exist in a form where they can be output again at new resolutions, outside of that Toei has 'at least' (to the best of my knowledge) a 720x480 copy.