MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost time!

diginavi4_december6_2020.jpg

Digimon News Navigation begins in roughly 30 minutes from the time of this post.

This DigiNavi is subtitled the "New Device 'Vital Bracelet Digital Monster' Announcement Special".

The first half will be dedicated to the Vital Bracelet V-Pet/Fitness Tracker, including developer interviews. Pre-orders just opened, so there is heavy interest in what they may go over.
The second half will include the anime, other Digimon products, etc.

The livestream will be on Youtube (with optional/soft English subtitles), niconico, and Line Live if you want to watch. It will also be on Periscope via the Digimon Web Twitter. DigiNavi will be made available on the Jump Festa 2021 Online site that weekend as a featured video while Jump Festa is running.

It will be hosted by Yuki Iwai (a comedian, actor, writer, radio host, and manga/anime fan), who hosts Digimon Card Battle..
Chiaki Matsuzawa, host of various Digimon events including some DigiFes and DigiNavi events, and also cameoed in tri. will also be there to introduce content.

We'll update with details as we get them, with big announcements also getting their own threads.

Much of this stream will be informational, and subtitled in English, so we expect we won't go very heavy with that, and it's likely worth it to watch that content yourself.

Prior DigiNavi streams are still available, so if you aren't able to watch it when it goes up, it should be available to view later.

Various bits below will be cleaned up later.

diginavi4_00004.jpg

Our hosts.

diginavi4_00005.jpg

Bandai Toys staff jokes he wore an Agumon colored hoodie on purpose for the event.

diginavi4_00006.jpg
diginavi4_00007.jpg

The promo we've seen before.

diginavi4_00008.jpg
diginavi4_00009.jpg

The inspiration for the Vital Bracelet was the idea that you could have your Digimon with you in your daily life and activities.

diginavi4_00010.jpg
diginavi4_00011.jpg
diginavi4_00012.jpg

The promo video from earlier today is being shown now.

The subtitles clarify that this is all information we've gotten before, just shown fancier.

diginavi4_00015.jpg
diginavi4_00016.jpg
diginavi4_00017.jpg

A video going over making of elements with staff.

Planning for this began a year or two ago.

diginavi4_00018.jpg
diginavi4_00019.jpg

One goal was to make various elements similar to the original V-Pets, since they didn't have to connect to the ongoing anime, which has it's own products.

The person being interviewed was involved with the X and Pendulum revivals.

diginavi4_00020.jpg
diginavi4_00021.jpg
diginavi4_00022.jpg

Character design is being discussed.

It appears they planned originally to 'only' use new Digimon, and decided that would be a horrible waste considering they had 1000+.

Pulsemon was designed as a flagship character to represent the Bracelet.

diginavi4_00023.jpg
diginavi4_00024.jpg

Certain design elements were chosen to make you think about exercise and how evolution may occur for that Digimon.

They also purposely put in elements to remind you of pre-existing Digimon.

diginavi4_00025.jpg

Previously they only mentioned Japan, but just now he mentioned interacting with others around the world.

diginavi4_00026.jpg
diginavi4_00027.jpg

The 'Welcome to Digimon World' video earlier this year was partially helpful in inspiring the Vital Bracelet, as it is how they imagined things to be.

diginavi4_00028.jpg

Making sure Digimon Web was updated, and could be read around the world, even if it's just machine translated at the moment, was a specific focus.

diginavi4_00030.jpg
diginavi4_00031.jpg

Just a quick explanation that the yellow premium Bandai once comes with V-mon.

They joke you can wear two of them (they name a famous Japanese soccer player, I believe, as an example of someone who does this with fitness trackers.)

diginavi4_00032.jpg

They are discussing the Digimon lifespan. Battles can tire them out, they need rest, etc.

They don't specify the 'actual' lifespan though.

Two Digimon can be stored on the Bracelet. The app can store more for you, so you can swap and work on different Digimon.

diginavi4_00033.jpg

They are discussing how popular Digimon is overseas.

They estimate 30 to 40% of the audience of the show is from outside of Japan (I don't think they clarify if they mean Adventure:, or these streams. They begin to comment on the stream, so maybe that.)

diginavi4_00034.jpg
diginavi4_00035.jpg

They are discussing their US and international strategy for Digimon with US staff.

He mentions the Digimon Shodo figures.

He also refers to the 'Vital Brace'. So perhaps a slightly different name for an eventual English release of the Bracelet, or just a slight mispronunciation.

They did 'not' announce a US release of the Vital Bracelet.

They certainly 'at least' hinted that they are aware of it and looking at it though.

diginavi4_00036.jpg

They are now talking about Iwa's great love, the Digimon Card Game.

Kyle Serra is here to help talk about the English version of the card game.

diginavi4_00037.jpg

After they struggled with him speaking English he reveals he can speak Japanese and they jokingly get upset at the trouble it caused.

diginavi4_00038.jpg
diginavi4_00039.jpg
diginavi4_00040.jpg

They're talking about the wide international distribution of Digimon Adventure:.

They're showing off (every?) Digimon that has shown up in Digimon Adventure: so far, not including the partner Digimon.

64 Digimon so far. They mentioned ones they like.

diginavi4_00041.jpg
diginavi4_00042.jpg
diginavi4_00043.jpg
diginavi4_00044.jpg

They're talking about various products. Plushes, the model kits. They mention more model kits will be announced soon in the Figure-rise Amplified line.

I was chucking stuff up on Twitter as it went. I recommend checking it for now as towards the end there were a lot of little things.

I'll add the rest here after I sleep, along with cleaning the news post up.

Update- The rest of what I wrote last night while the stream was going.

diginavi4_00045.jpg

Iwai loves plushies.

diginavi4_00047.jpg
diginavi4_00049.jpg
diginavi4_00050.jpg

Going over the wafer treats that come with stickers.

diginavi4_00051.jpg
diginavi4_00052.jpg
diginavi4_00053.jpg
diginavi4_00054.jpg

The upcoming waves of Shodo figures and apparel.

diginavi4_00055.jpg
diginavi4_00056.jpg

Showing off more, plus some of the cards that come with some of them.

diginavi4_00057.jpg

The changing pajamas we found out about earlier.

diginavi4_00058.jpg
diginavi4_00059.jpg
diginavi4_00060.jpg
diginavi4_00061.jpg

iPhone 12 accessories, some of which will work with any phone.

Also Airpod cases.

diginavi4_00062.jpg

Showing off the phone stuff more.

diginavi4_00063.jpg

Digimon Hugcot. 300 yen in gashapon machines (now I believe). It connects to cables for fun and to have something to grab the cables easier.

diginavi4_00064.jpg
diginavi4_00065.jpg
diginavi4_00066.jpg
diginavi4_00067.jpg

Agumon PC Buddy that was announced earlier today.

Iwai and his love of plushies. He believes it was made to his perfect size.

They focus on the eyes, as that was a more obvious change from the original tri. version of the buddy.

diginavi4_00068.jpg
diginavi4_00069.jpg
diginavi4_00070.jpg

They moved on to the card game.

This was recorded ahead of time. Iwai jokes that for this they had to give him cards that weren't out yet (at the time), and he will bring them back to Digimon Card Battle to beat the others in matches.

Parallel cards that have a gold design added to them.

DoneDevimon and Nidhoggmon were added on purpose to have strong recent enemies from the anime in the card game.

diginavi4_00071.jpg
diginavi4_00072.jpg

They showed off key art for Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega and announced a few things about it, which we wrote about here.

diginavi4_00073.jpg

They joke that with the new elements of Booster Set 5, Iwai will be able to defeat Cocolo.

diginavi4_00074.jpg

AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon in Digimon ReArise.

diginavi4_00075.jpg

Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory exist.

diginavi4_00077.jpg

They are discussing the new Fuji shop that opened a couple weeks ago and what it will have stocked.

diginavi4_00078.jpg

Going over the 3 day Christmas campaign happening next week with 600 winners.

diginavi4_00079.jpg

Digimon Adventure: BD/DD box 1 is being talked about.

diginavi4_00080.jpg
diginavi4_00081.jpg

The upcoming Adventure/02 Blu-ray box.

Matsuzawa points out she already bought all of Adventure and 02 on Blu-ray, and spent a lot more than this set will cost.

diginavi4_00082.jpg
diginavi4_00083.jpg
diginavi4_00084.jpg
diginavi4_00085.jpg

They finish by saying goodbye, and mentioning they are showing the 'Welcome to Digimon World' promo, since it's what inspired the development of the Vital Bracelet.

diginavi4_00086.jpg
diginavi4_00087.jpg
diginavi4_00088.jpg
diginavi4_00089.jpg

If you haven't seen the Welcome to Digimon World promo video before, it has easter eggs and bits from all through the franchise.

The stream archive is embedded above. Really recommend you watch it for yourself, as this one was rather packed with information.

Attachments

• diginavi4_december18_2020.jpg
    diginavi4_december18_2020.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 9,910
Last edited:

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen the term "vital breath" used occasionally so maybe vital "brace" is a mispronunciation, maybe shorthand for bracelet or maybe a double meaning as digimon sometimes does

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen the term "vital breath" used occasionally so maybe vital "brace" is a mispronunciation, maybe shorthand for bracelet or maybe a double meaning as digimon sometimes does
Yeah I Have seen it called a few names aswell. I'm just gonna stick with calling it the VB it's easier and everyone knows what I'm talking about.

KhanadianGeek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After mentioning how you can check the winning average, he continues on to say that you can also check "how much digivolution you've triggered, and so on" This makes me wonder if you'll be able to choose what you want your Digimon to digivolve into next, after meeting the specific criterias of those specific Digivolutions (in the level above your current one)

I mean. It's not likely, because they want to incentivize you to bulk up that body as much as possible, but... one can dream! Ha!

Last edited:

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's good to see direct acknowledgement of fans outside of Japan and that they're looking into and hinting at a English release, even if they didn't confirm anything. Legit super looking forward to the device the more I think about it, so I'm really hoping something actually materializes from this.

KhanadianGeek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm mulling over the presentation and...

I hope that with any single DiM card, we can raise more than just the mascot/Digimon promoting the given DiM card. Allowing us to raise other Virus types aside from the BlAgumon line, that are BR exclusive would be cool. Same for Veemon and Ancient Warriors. Being able to raise Wormmon via AW.. etc etc.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The final version is far more refined overall, but I think the mask-like unibrow and the way the fringe comes out of it seems like such a better defined and more strikingly 'digimon' design in my opinion. It's always great to see these.

I also like it better with the red details as the green details make the already too green yellow of its body look even greener. (However I believe they made the choice to better convey the electricity theme maybe, in which case it is on point.)

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I hope that with any single DiM card, we can raise more than just the mascot/Digimon promoting the given DiM card. Allowing us to raise other Virus types aside from the BlAgumon line, that are BR exclusive would be cool. Same for Veemon and Ancient Warriors. Being able to raise Wormmon via AW.. etc etc.

The Ancient roster was released a day ago.

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With this new potention for a US release I'm now even more conflicted of whether I should start preordering or not. If I got one in Japan would it be compatible with an english app. Is it compatible with all NFC devices, not just ones in Japan? So many questions

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With this new potention for a US release I'm now even more conflicted of whether I should start preordering or not. If I got one in Japan would it be compatible with an english app. Is it compatible with all NFC devices, not just ones in Japan? So many questions

We still don't know.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If the app is all you care about then wait.

If you like the functions otherwise then grab one.

You know people are going to make the app available to everyone even if it doesn't get an international release. But what probably isn't going to work will be the online battling feature.

I want one. This is something that will hopefully make excerise fun for me. If they release a NA version I'll grab one those as well.

You're not going to get all of the answers. Especially before pre orders sell out.

The boards are flooded with wishy washy people. We're not likely to have any answers until this thing gets into someone's hands. You either take a leap of faith or you sit idle.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Early design of pulsemon reminds me to zubamon, an overdesigned AF rookie. Glad that they simplified it in the final version.
Also the 3d model for bulkmon looks amazing, this model have any purpose? Are we having 3d battles? Or could It just be for a possible new trailer?

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Early design of pulsemon reminds me to zubamon, an overdesigned AF rookie. Glad that they simplified it in the final version.
Also the 3d model for bulkmon looks amazing, this model have any purpose? Are we having 3d battles? Or could It just be for a possible new trailer?
I think it's just a new trailer. Ep 2 will probably have Pulsemon evolve to fight Greymon.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that was a really nice presentation, lots of good information from all aspects of the franchise. I was really surprised when they said how many of their viewers were overseas, and super pleased that they were teasing that they were looking into the VB getting released for us. I'm definitely going to hold out for the likely English release at this point.

I was really amused at the part where they were talking about how the green version of the VB doesn't match their outfits, but they want the Ancient Warriors DiM, since a think a lot of people have that exact conundrum. I think my favorite bit from the whole presentation was when they talked about how they designed Pulsemon's evolutions with Pulsemon in mind, but made sure to include design elements that connected them to older Digimon too. That kind of attention to detail and branching evolutions is wonderful.

KhanadianGeek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know, but I meant Digimon and lines beyond just Veemon (I know Veemon is probably the only one line and option since it is all that's advertised as one you can raise, but I'm thinking, like with the Xros Loader, some of the chips/cards allowed new areas and multiple Digimon you could "recruit" which were specific to that chip/card. If you see what I mean.

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This also made me realize. If the device can only store up to 2 digimon, and you if you ended up ordering the DiMs along with the VB. You have to choose which mons stay in the device and which has to be left out till you can store them in the app right?

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This also made me realize. If the device can only store up to 2 digimon, and you if you ended up ordering the DiMs along with the VB. You have to choose which mons stay in the device and which has to be left out till you can store them in the app right?

The App appears to have similar qualities to pokemon home/pokebank (if you're familiar with either of those).

My impression is that you can have 2 digimon present in the device and bank any digimon you are done raising in the app. You will likely be able to move digimon that are currently being held in the app onto the device.

Installing a dim likely unlocks the advertised egg on your device and adds them into your current catalog of eggs.

I doubt you will have to commit to only raising one dim at a time if that's what your asking.

I know, but I meant Digimon and lines beyond just Veemon (I know Veemon is probably the only one line and option since it is all that's advertised as one you can raise, but I'm thinking, like with the Xros Loader, some of the chips/cards allowed new areas and multiple Digimon you could "recruit" which were specific to that chip/card. If you see what I mean.

While they do advertise unlockable areas with each dim, I doubt there would be any sort of roster additions via recruitment.

The unlockable areas strike me as new enemies to fight and a new wallpaper for your device.

Omnimon Zwart

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great updates. I wish we had some more info on the Digivice Ver.Compete

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news post with everything that wasn't there from when I was throwing out bits last night.