Digimonukkah, Day 1- Dive!! Limited Edition Scans

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The item we planned to launch with had to be delayed for some fine tuning, so decided to start with CD scans!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This time it'll be for the limited edition release of the first Digimon Universe: ApplimMonsters Opening theme, Dive!!

The embedded files are JPGs, but are a decent size. Be aware if you are on a capped internet provider.

The scanning for Dive!! LE went quite well. I've gotten used to all the specific quirks of the replacement scanner and I'm quite pleased with how it's working.

The CD was packaged in a CD-Album style case (the normal CD case most people are familiar with) with an interior plastic flip-over to reveal a second tray.

Image Thumbnail

Very good cover, showing both the logo for the song and Amatsuki's logo. The artwork is very nice and combines a motif of music (his headphones and the various cables), video with the various screens, and digital with the binary flying around. I quite like the cover, but one wonders if it wouldn't have worked even better if Amatsuki had been drawn in the style of Appmon.

The cover is in fact the front page of a small booklet.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Image Thumbnail

Most of the pages are lyrics of the songs from the CD. Images weren't split when needed to keep the images together. Very nice images of Amatsuki and the TV setup they've put together. One page is blank for whatever reason. The back cover of the booklet finishes with a very nice shot of Amatsuki.

A scan of the disc itself.

Image Thumbnail

Very clean and basic. I rather look the style like this. It might be a bit boring for others. It's interesting that the Amatsuki logo appears both with the legal information and with the Dive!! logo itself.

Because this was a full CD case, it had some art under the tray which I cracked open.

Image Thumbnail

The art here largely continues the theme of the CD overall, with some very nice reflection work.

Image Thumbnail

The reverse side of this is the actual back cover of the CD case. Overall the packaging feels very coherent and well thought out.

As I mentioned earlier, Dive!! comes with a second disk tray. This holds a DVD.

Image Thumbnail

The DVD itself inverts the colors of the CD in two different ways. The red, which made up most of the color on the CD, is now used for the logos and other text. Instead of using white for the rest of the disk, they've inverted that to black. Black and red have always been a striking combination and it works well here.

The DVD itself has relatively little content, but is exactly what was expected based on solicitation information.

Image Thumbnail

It contains the music video for Dive!! along with a making of the music video (and the various photos used throughout the release and promotion of Dive!!)

The music video is 3 minutes and 52 seconds. The making of is 10 minutes and 59 seconds.

The DVD is encoded 480p with the MPEG2 codec. The music video has an average bitrate of 7.7 Mbit and the making of has an average bitrate of 8.4 Mbit. Both have uncompressed PCM audio.

The video quality is about as good as you could expect for DVD, but is still disappointing since the music video has been mostly put online in HD, along with previews of the making of.

Embedded here is most of the music video inter-spliced with some of the making of from Amatsuki's Youtube.

Back to the packaging for some odds and ends.

On the left side of the case was an obi card.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Just the logo with some basic information and the UPC code here.

The back of the obi had some text printed on it so I decided to go ahead and scan that also.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The plastic wrapper for the CD had two stickers on it which I scanned.

Image Thumbnail

The fist mentions Appmon and another TV-Tokyo program.

Image Thumbnail

The second mentions the specifics of this version of Dive!! since it had 3 different releases.

Last up for the Dive!! LE is the special gift they included with it.

Image Thumbnail

They included 1 of 4 acrylic Amatsuki keychains. 3 they showed off, while one was left a mystery. The scan above is the bit of packaging the keychain came in.

The one I got with the LE was...

Image Thumbnail

The mystery keychain! I think it's Amatsuki as a reindeer? I'm not sure but it's a very cute image.

The keychain came with a small metal chain which I removed while scanning to avoid damaging the scanner.

Oh wait, there was one more thing...

Image Thumbnail

CDJapan had an exclusive promotional photo of Amatsuki that came with the CD. This was printed very well on good quality photo paper.

The Dive!! LE is still available at CDJapan (Affiliate Link.)

Lots of Digimon and Appmon stuff is coming out soon and donations would be appreciated so we can make sure we can continue to get Digimon materials to share with everyone.

That's the first day taken care of. Hopefully everyone enjoys the scans of Dive!! LE. More tomorrow.

Enjoy this Christmas song while you wait and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.