Digimonukkah 2019 Day 8- Digimon Card Premium Edition Sets- Scans & Breakdown

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And here's the end of Digimonukkah 2019...

For Day 8 of Digimonukkah it's something a bit newer to finish out everything with!

The Digimon Card Premium Edition sets! These mini card sets for Digimon Adventure's 20th Anniversary were released early at DigiFes 2019 before getting a full release at Premium Bandai roughly a month later.

Each of the 2 Digimon Card Premium Edition came with 6 cards featuring the lead kids and Digimon from Adventure thru Savers.

Thanks to KoushiroIZZYIzumi for acting as an intermediary while he was visiting Japan so that I was able to nab these.

Scanning on this had some complications. The actual packaging for them was quite large. When folded over it barely fit my scanner, and when unfolded it didn't fit at all. My friend Logan helped join the unfolded pieces into single big images, while I did some cleaning up on those afterwards. They didn't join quite perfectly (no way to get oversized cardstock to lay perfectly flat), but minus one or two specific things if you look carefully, they came out really fantastically.

Since this was the last item for Digimonukkah this year, I did some extra editing, partially because some of the things warranted it. Everything got a round of denoising which worked reasonably well. In addition all the cards (and just the cards) each had their levels adjusted to bring out the colors for a better look overall (one set of the cards were holofoil, so came out significantly dull when scanned.)

Onto the first set!

The first Digimon Card Premium Edition set is dedicated to the original Digimon card game. The front cover features the new artwork done for the Ultimate forms of each character by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe.

The back has the Digimon Adventure 20th logo along with an image of each card.

When opened you get a massive spread with the cards on the left side, each in it's own plastic holder connected to the board, and on the right side another piece of new art from Kenji Watanabe showing the most familiar form of each Digimon, with a 20 logo in the middle.

The background is black with a binary and digital square motif.

The six cards included are:
Re-138- Omegamon
Re-139- Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode
Re-140- Dukemon
Re-141- Susanoomon
Re-142- ShineGreymon
Re-143- Shoutmon x7

Each is an entirely new card for the original Digimon card game.

Onto the second set!

The second Digimon Card Premium Edition set has standard Carddass branding and are collectors cards. The front cover features new artwork of each lead character and their Digimon in their most recognizable form (or their most recognizable Digimon form in Takuya's case.) Everyone is making the victory handsign, most likely because it uses 2 fingers for 2 decades.

The back has the Digimon Adventure 20th logo along with an image of each card.

When opened you get a massive spread with the cards on the left side, each in it's own plastic holder connected to the board, and on the right side the art of the new Digimon together from the cards.

The background is white with a binary motif, with the top and bottom having a green stripe and blue digital pattern that's dropping blue squares towards the middle.

The six cards included are for Adventure, Zero-Two, Tamers, Frontier, Savers, and Xros Wars.

Each is a new collectors card featuring new artwork of a kid and Digimon, the name of the show they are from, the kid and Digimon's name, an image of the Digivice from that season, along with a bit of text on the side relevant to that character/show. (If there is time we will add translations for those shortly.)

Each card set was available separately, but if you bought them together you received a bonus.

An additional card for each set!

For the card game you get the option card Re-144 "20th Battle Record!", which features the artwork of the main Digimon from each show that was used on the packaging.

For the collectors card you get "Gathered! Partners who have bonds!" featuring the art of all 6 pairs from the cards in the set, which also includes a message on a side about thinking back and remembered the adventures of those partners and their bonds

The Digimon Card Premium sets aren't massive card sets, but were tiny, fun, and affordable little additions to 2 different types of Digimon cards. Each set was done well, and had some really nice new artwork.

A neat little way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the anime, with the only real issue being that Appmon, tri., and even X-evolution don't get any representation (although tri. arguably counts on top of Adventure... not to mention Hunters, which they generally just consider 'more' Xros Wars...)

It's still a really nice set, just a couple of oddities, likely makde to keep the number of cards to their chosen limit of half a dozen with a bonus card for each set when bought together.

The sets, including the double set with bonus cards are still available to get. Help with buying them can be found in our previous article about it.

The scans for all the art can also be found in the gallery.

The scans are very small compared to the master scans I did (the work and backup folder structure for the scans is a touch under 98 gigs. Lots of denoising tests, and things having to do with joining the larger images, etc.)

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more breakdowns and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the release.

Thanks everyone for joining us for another Digimonukkah!

Below is a full index of all the prior Digimonukkah content we've done. Thanks to everyone who helped on them all, and hopefully we can do it again!

More to come soon!

Digimonukkah 2019:
Day 1- Digimon Savers 2006 Mini Calendar- Scans
Day 2- Digimon Reboot Omegamon Model Kit
Day 3- DigiFes 2019 Booklet Scans & Translated Interview
Day 4- Photos & Videos from Digimon Adventure 20th Tour
Day 5- Precious GEM Omegamon- Breakdown and Photos
Day 6- UK Digimon Season 2 DVD Collection- Scans & Breakdown
Day 7- Digivolving Duskmon Figure- Photos & Info
Day 8- Digimon Card Premium Edition- Scans & Breakdown

Digimonukkah 2018:
Day 1- CSA Digivice tri. Memorial- Breakdown, Scans, & Photos
Day 2- UK tri. Part 6 Blu-ray Release- Scans & Breakdown
Day 3- Digimon Tamers Collection, Guide Scans (with Zero-Two!)
Day 4- Keitaro Motonaga Interview from tri. Memorial Book
Day 5- GEM Ruki & Renamon Breakdown, Scans, and Photos
Day 6- Figuarts MetalGarurumon Breakdown, Scans, and Photos
Day 7- Digimon Pendulum Version 20th, Silver Black- Scans & Photos
Day 8- USA tri. Blu-ray Collection- Breakdown and Scans

Digimonukkah 2016:
Day 0- Explanation
Day 1- Dive!! Limited Edition Scans
Day 2- Blue Flame Syndrome Scans
Day 3- Digimon Gallery and Style Guide
Day 4- Dive!! Normal Version Scans
Day 5- Boku ni Totte, Digimon Adventure tri. 3 ED Scans
Day 6- Dive!! Anime Version Scans
Day 7- Brave Heart -tri. Version- CD+DVD Version Scans
Day 8- I Wish -tri. Version- CD+DVD Version Scans

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing scans. I thought those cards would have over 1000 ATK powers by now but I find it very weird, some cards just go up and down in their ATK power points... I still don't get it and could never understand Bandai well...

Look like Shoutmon gotten more appearances so much more than Gumdramon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's some real cool cards. Nice to see all the main characters there. ..Does Gumdramon even count for a Goggle Mon?

DigiKing Tamer

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing scans. I thought those cards would have over 1000 ATK powers by now but I find it very weird, some cards just go up and down in their ATK power points... I still don't get it and could never understand Bandai well...

Look like Shoutmon gotten more appearances so much more than Gumdramon.
Well that's a no brainer. :p But I guess I understand why you'd feel that.

That's some real cool cards. Nice to see all the main characters there. ..Does Gumdramon even count for a Goggle Mon?
Technically yes since not only was he the main Digimon of a main character, he even gains access to his exclusive "(beyond) Mega" Digivolution.

If Arresterdramon Superior Mode counts as Mega/Ultimate anyways.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mostly meant since he didn't have his own series. Young Hunters was just part 3.

DigiKing Tamer

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mostly meant since he didn't have his own series. Young Hunters was just part 3.
Ah. Well in that case, I consider Gumdramon the "Gabumon" to Shoutmon's "Agumon".

Which might understandably sound unorthodox for a dragon-like Digimon but Applimonsters did the same thing (I think).

Digitaldudette90

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least they acknowledge that frontier exists and those cards look awesome by the way

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes sense. And yeah. Just because Frontier was a bit of a BlackSheepmon. Though I guess it's similar to Xros Wars and Appmon now.