MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for another neat one!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

For Day 5 of Digimonukkah it's another big one, in this case physically (not to mention overall character popularity.)

It's the Precious GEM figure of Omegamon!

Released a couple months ago in Japan, with the US version releasing earlier this month, the newest Precious GEM Digimon figure has been one of the more obvious figures that it would happen at 'some point' due to it's popularity, it was just a matter of when.

We first saw the figure over a year ago as a prototype, with confirmation that when Megahouse asked what character people wanted a figure of, Omegamon was the one that was asked for the most.

There are no scans this time. The box was massive, so I didn't even pull out my scanner as it simply wouldn't have fit. Instead I decided to try my best at photographing everything!

First up, the packaging.

The front of the package has a really nice look to it, with a drawn energy effect, along with part of the background looking based on the internet from Children's War Game. We see a nice shot of the figure posed with the drawn energy effect around him.

The front features the Precious GEM, Adventure, and Megahouse logos, plus the anniversary logos for both GEM and Digimon Adventure, along with a unique text logo for the figure itself, which has Omegamon's name in English front and center, with his name in Japanese below, and WarGreymon X MetalGarurumon text above since he's a fusion of two other Digimon.

The front of the box looks nice, and the figure is shown off in a great way.

The sides of the box changes the style slightly, while still focusing on the figure and text.

Both sides stick with the Omegamon & WarGreymon X MetalGarurumon text combo. The background is black, and the figure is shown from the back (on the left side) and the front) on the right side) with much of the color desaturated out. It's an interesting look that appears subtle and interesting.

The text '20th Digimon Adventure' is also included in matching styling rather than the standard Digimon Adventure 20th logo.

The top features a bust style shot of the figure with a focus on the head that comes across very well.

The bottom features silhouettes of the Precious GEM figures of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, a nice touch for an Omegamon figure. The figure name is shown in white here instead of gold.

The back of the box has the figure at the middle photographed from a bit above. In either corner it shows the previous Precious GEM figures of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. Both are desaturated in color with highlighting applied in the colors of the crest they are associated with.

The middle band gives the appearance of the internet space from Children's War Game. It has the figure labeling at the top right with the Adventure 20th logo at the bottom left.

It's nice to see a figure box where one the figure is basically selling itself instead of random marketing text.

This figure came with no instruction sheet, which isn't that much of a shock, as there isn't that much you'd need to be told, most of which is reasonable obvious

But the figure did come in pieces.

The figure is large enough that it came in 5 pieces in the box. The main body of Omegamon, the MetalGarurumon head and cannon, the WarGreymon head and sword, the cape, and the stand with action effect and one of his feet.

This was likely done to keep the box size somewhat reasonable (it still isn't) and to help protect pieces during shipping.

As for the figure itself...

We have a thread for the figure, and we have people in the community who photograph figures far better than me, and hopefully some good images show up soon...

But I did go ahead and get a decent sized gallery of photos to share with everyone.

Just a semi-basic go around the figure. It's a pretty fantastic looking figure.

Omegamon really is a figure that just has an impressive look to it, and a lot of effort has been spent on the mold and paint application that just leads to a great representation of the character.

Various other shots of the figure.

These shots show various bits of detailing on the figure, including how they even have different types of paint which can reflect the light in different ways, which leads to a rather nice look for the figure.

One thing I find interesting is how they do details like the eyes being painted 'normal', and go very glossy for the blue chest design, and how the WarGreymon head almost has a polished appearance to it.

Another shot of the box, which is just huge.

Unlike Angewomon they didn't try and protect him with an entire case of protective wrap inside the box, but they did get everything in the packaging solidly.

Part of the way they did this was the inner shell is actually 2 plastic shells that connect together for extra protection, so it ends up being 4 pieces of plastic that slide together.

The shell holds the figure very securely, with only a bit of plastic wrap included overall. Having the figure in multiple pieces no doubt helped protect everything, allowing lots of space around the shell in case anything gets knocked during shipping.

And for one final image...

The way the figure was packaged means that despite the giant box size and plenty of space inside for extra protection, the figure is 'still' just really massive. A Blu-ray in a standard size case that had arrived around the same time I included for a size comparison.

Precious GEM Omegamon may be the most impressive Digimon GEM/Precious GEM figure yet, which makes sense considering it's price.

I'm super happy with the figure, as I missed out on a number of early ones I wanted due to budget at the time, but Omegamon is a pretty fantastic centerpiece figure for Digimon.

Orders for the figure are long since closed, but if you look around 3rd party sellers may have it.

More GEM and Precious GEM Digimon figures are coming, but pre-orders aren't currently open for any at the moment.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

These include Beelzebumon and Behemoth, 20th Anniversary Taichi and Agumon, ULForceV-dramon, and MetalGreymon!

The images can all be found in the gallery.

The photographs were shrunk and edited as needed and were taken with a phone with whatever natural light was in the room at the time.

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more breakdowns and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the figure.

If you want to discuss the figure itself there is a discussion thread here.

More to come...

Digimonukkah 2019:
Day 1- Digimon Savers 2006 Mini Calendar- Scans
Day 2- Digimon Reboot Omegamon Model Kit
Day 3- DigiFes 2019 Booklet Scans & Translated Interview
Day 4- Photos & Videos from Digimon Adventure 20th Tour

floofytail

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, this is a truly impressive and beautiful statue. It’s like eye-candy. Hopefully I can get my hands on some Precious GEM Digimon someday!