Digimon Xros Wars- New Digimon Series In July.... Confirmed Via Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Info above is true. (except Kiriha Aonuma is voiced by Takeshi Kusao)
Source from here, the third scan -- [link]

edit: i took down the link since it's the same as what BlitzkrieGreymon linked above. :p

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=BlitzkrieGreymon link=topic=14098.msg182494#msg182494 date=1274215767]
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/48/23uv46.jpg
[/quote] :eek: Do my eyes deceive me, or does this look to be a lot more CGI-based than the previous five series? Or rather, a blend between CG and cell-shaded animation. :eek:

BlitzkrieGreymon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the picture is meant to deceptively look like a screen-capture while it actually seems to be more like one of those cast-posing-in-generic-location images we've had for the past five seasons.

Its hard to recognize because there is far less pointless leaping than usual and no one s falling down a cliff.

Ekaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=BlitzkrieGreymon link=topic=14098.msg182497#msg182497 date=1274216406]
I think the picture is meant to deceptively look like a screen-capture while it actually seems to be more like one of those cast-posing-in-generic-location images we've had for the past five seasons.

Its hard to recognize because there is far less pointless leaping than usual and no one s falling down a cliff.
[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like a CD cover or end-of-episode picture (think Pokemon, some of you should get what I mean). I like how the bunny is leading a line of those... things. The other boy appears to be a mechanic. Not sure what the girl is. Probably just a regular, elementary/junior high school girl who is a good student and stuff, maybe class president.

Anyways, it looks like Taiki shares Dorumon's VA and Shoutmon shares the Adventure Agumon's VA. If this is indeed true, then I'm not going to worry much since Taiki's going to sound like a boy and Shoutmon's gonna sound like a dino. *whew*

I'm feeling pretty good about this season now. It may actually be my favorite season yet.

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't it a bit early to judge?

So DORUmon, Agumon, Kicker Jones and Asuka Kazama are up against Trunks and Sango, Seiyuu-wise.

[quote author=GoggleMaster01 link=topic=14098.msg182493#msg182493 date=1274214282]
I went to Wikimon, so I'm not sure if it's true,
But again, this is all Wikimon, so I'm not sure how accurate this is.[/quote]

Geez, Wikimon is not the Digimon Wiki or Wikipedia. They are generally reliable.

More complete scan of the pic:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_PSjq26b2Bus/S_Kuol2I-RI/AAAAAAAAJMY/CHODjleVRGQ/s512/DSC00207.JPG
And there is also this pic:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PSjq26b2Bus/S_KunaZmD-I/AAAAAAAAJMU/WCHNE8z-5To/s720/DSC00206.JPG

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to that other pic, the new digivice is called the Digimon Cross Loader.
Shoutmonx4 = Shoutmon x Ballistamon x Dorurumon x Starmon
There's also a manga of it coming out starting in August VJump. Wut.

Uuu, I wish the character profiles were bigger so I can read them. *is already rooting for the bad guys*

Edit: Looking up blogs (cue the "take as a grain of salt" advice here), Shoutmon's attacks are "Digiblast" and "Digistorm" according to the DCD.

Japanese fandom is commenting on this, which I thought was a little funny:
Taichi -> Taiki
Hikari -> Akari
Koushirou -> Zenjirou

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And we now get a look at Shoutmonx4's leg design. I'm getting a very Flamedramon vibe from the legs. He now also looks very Royal Knight-ish.

I find it somewhat ironic that this time around, the blonde, possible "lone wolf" guy is getting the Greymon. For some reason, I'm also starting to like Shoutmon's character design more everytime I see him ;D

BlitzkrieGreymon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Bakuryu Asuka link=topic=14098.msg182500#msg182500 date=1274217337]
More complete scan of the pic:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_PSjq26b2Bus/S_Kuol2I-RI/AAAAAAAAJMY/CHODjleVRGQ/s512/DSC00207.JPG
And there is also this pic:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PSjq26b2Bus/S_KunaZmD-I/AAAAAAAAJMU/WCHNE8z-5To/s720/DSC00206.JPG
[/quote]
Those scans are seven shades of awesome. I like how the evil army has a clear motif, which is... Being blue *Struggles to hold how Blue Meanies joke*. I hope we get better pics of the other baddies other than Greymon soon.

I guess we'll know the true identity of "Star-Mon" as soon as we get a translation.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a scan that has the character profiles in closer view, although it got cut off at the ends, so I couldn't make them out in entirety. Here's what I could read though--

Akari Hinomoto - Taiki's childhood friend and one year younger than him. (She supports Taiki/is the voice of reason) because Taiki is always doing the unreasonable
Taiki Kudou - A hot-blooded 7th grader who saves the weak. He fights with Shoutmon.
Zenjirou Tsurugi - Taiki's classmate and kendo boy who proclaims to be Taiki's "eternal rival". (I think the end says that he is very straight-laced)
Kiriha Aonuma - 7th grader who leads Greymon. He takes down enemies with cold and calculated methods.
Nene Amano - (I can't read her profile very well, all I can make out is that she has a motive for fighting. It's also hinted that she could be the first to return to the good side)

Edit: As for Starmon, it says he's Shoutmon's "otoutobun" (Shoutmon treats him like a younger brother) who greatly admires Shoutmon, and fights by flying through the air.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is great. We now have more people. Which helps. Now we wait to see who has who.

Not a Diginoob

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Greymon and Starmon just being called Greymon and Starmon is a little weird.
Another case of Savers's Agumon and Falcomon?

BlitzkrieGreymon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Silent_X link=topic=14098.msg182521#msg182521 date=1274224291]
The Greymon and Starmon just being called Greymon and Starmon is a little weird.
Another case of Savers's Agumon and Falcomon?
[/quote]
Was that actually confirmed? I know people have opted to use those names more often lately, but people have been calling them that from Day 1 so I figured there wasn't any confirmation yet.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did you see the scans, the names are there in katakana I think he refer to that

BlitzkrieGreymon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess the question should've be "Is that confirmed?" because I guess anyone who can read that would know better than me.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Again. Yes they are confirmed by the scans, they have their names below the pics, and it say Starmon.
Or SU-TA~MO N <--- it's the best translation i can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.