Digimon Xros Wars- New Digimon Series In July.... Confirmed Via Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Role link=topic=14098.msg182216#msg182216 date=1273857407]
"megazord-o-mons".
[/quote]I'd say "mechamon" would be a better term to describe these, since Megazords weren't the first and aren't the only giant combining Super Robots. ;)

Role

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perhaps not the first, but they are the most widely known in the region I live.

Role

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tell me about it. I'm actually kinda fearing the implications of the mon in the background, because that's pretty far from what many of us have come to expect and embrace in the series, which is the Tamer/Partner relationship thingy. They tried the super-sentai thing sort of with Frontier, and IIRC that's the least liked series overall.

Just wouldn't have that same digimon spirit if it did something like that, at least not in my opinion.

Maybe it's just the even-season syndrome? I found the odd numbered seasons to be great (Adventure, Tamers, Savers), but the even ones (02, Frontier) I wasn't very fond of...

...Oh god, I don't even wanna know what kind of jogress hell I'd have to go through in the games to get that mon, either... I hate jogress enough as is, especially the way it's done in the DS games...

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still say that the whole concept of this series gives off a Daigunder vibe, with a civil war thrown into the mix.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Sabrblade link=topic=14098.msg182349#msg182349 date=1274019812]
I still say that the whole concept of this series gives off a Daigunder vibe, with a civil war thrown into the mix.
[/quote]

When i say enough i mean it, consider yourself warned.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Role link=topic=14098.msg182343#msg182343 date=1274009265]
Tell me about it. I'm actually kinda fearing the implications of the mon in the background, because that's pretty far from what many of us have come to expect and embrace in the series, which is the Tamer/Partner relationship thingy.
[/quote]

The way I see it, all it is is a multiway Jogress evolution, that we don't really know much about, that happens to look a bit like a giant robot. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether or not it has much of an effect on the overall plot of the series will be something we'll eventually find out.

[quote author=Role]
They tried the super-sentai thing sort of with Frontier, and IIRC that's the least liked series overall.[/quote]

I wouldn't quite go that far with Frontier. While it does have a mixed reception, some folks here consider it to be their most favourite. Of course, I haven't watched enough of it yet to form a real opinion, so I can't really say what I think just yet.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Role link=topic=14098.msg182343#msg182343 date=1274009265]
Maybe it's just the even-season syndrome? I found the odd numbered seasons to be great (Adventure, Tamers, Savers), but the even ones (02, Frontier) I wasn't very fond of...

[/quote]

second this, glad to see i'm not the only one to notice that the odd ones were great and th even ones were pretty bad... isn't looking good for 6 is it?

Arekku_Koro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, it's been about a month since the last V-Jump came out. This means we should be due for news soon, right? Or maybe this month's V-Jump contains no new information.

Arekku_Koro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vande link=topic=14098.msg182376#msg182376 date=1274035895]
V-Jump is out around the 21st of each month. So a few days to go, plus we then have to wait for someone to scan it.
[/quote]

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully we'll be getting a new tamer unveiled.

Vande

Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let me make this plain and very clear, WtW is not a democracy. When the staff say shit we mean it. What we say goes. Now the posts have been removed and better not be re-posted. If they do get re-posted then suspensions will be given out.

Talking about Frontier is not on topic, talking about Sentai is not on topic. I would really hate to suspend someone for not listening when I've been more than patient, though my patience is wearing very thin.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fair enough; those are the rules, after all. We seem to be having trouble coming up with things to discuss here whenever there is no news. I think that we would all be very appreciative if you or one of the other moderators would initiate an on-topic line of discussion in this thread, to help us keep focus.

I was also wondering if any of you who followed the pre-air hype for Savers can recall the various stages and timetables for the release of various information pertaining to the series. My hope is that we could set some kind of idea as to when we might expect to see character profiles, evolution lines, first hear the theme song, et cetera (or whether we can expect those at all).

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Seymour Butz link=topic=14098.msg182444#msg182444 date=1274143652]
Fair enough; those are the rules, after all. We seem to be having trouble coming up with things to discuss here whenever there is no news. I think that we would all be very appreciative if you or one of the other moderators would initiate an on-topic line of discussion in this thread, to help us keep focus.

I was also wondering if any of you who followed the pre-air hype for Savers can recall the various stages and timetables for the release of various information pertaining to the series. My hope is that we could set some kind of idea as to when we might expect to see character profiles, evolution lines, first hear the theme song, et cetera (or whether we can expect those at all).
[/quote]

IIRC Savers info was introduced in December of the year prior to it airing. We learned about the other characters, Touma and Yoshino at that time too. There really is no telling where Cross Wars is going at this point...

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmmm, so based on this, we might be justified in treating the current info about characters as all that we are likely to see before it airs, in which case it would seem that Taiki may very well be the only human main character for the first several episodes. Interesting.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But it is also possible, that it will be handled like in several Magical Girl series. We get the first episode, have a glimpse of some other characters, the maincharacter will transform, or - as for Digimon - have a digivolution and thats the end of the episode.
Episode 2 will give us the first real fight and some background information, before in the B Part we will get to know the next character a little better, who will get his transformation/Digimon in Episode 3.
Just some thinking.

Vande

Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seymour, if we are to get that i would assume it would be anytime from this month's V-Jump info onwards.
I know i'm hoping for Wada Koji to be kicking butt with the into music.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vande link=topic=14098.msg182464#msg182464 date=1274164048]
[/quote]
What I want to know even more is, who did the series concept this time...
And the BGM of course...

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=KaenKazui link=topic=14098.msg182463#msg182463 date=1274163696]
But it is also possible, that it will be handled like in several Magical Girl series. We get the first episode, have a glimpse of some other characters, the maincharacter will transform, or - as for Digimon - have a digivolution and thats the end of the episode.
Episode 2 will give us the first real fight and some background information, before in the B Part we will get to know the next character a little better, who will get his transformation/Digimon in Episode 3.
Just some thinking.
[/quote]

Sure sure, the possibilities are certainly numerous.

[quote author=Vande link=topic=14098.msg182464#msg182464 date=1274164048]
[/quote]

Do want.

GoggleMaster01

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GUYS! TAIKI-KUN WILL NOT BE ALONE!!!

I went to Wikimon, so I'm not sure if it's true, but I have found out the Japanese names of two protagonists and two antagonists. It appears we will see more human antagonists like the Digital Emperor. No pics, partner Digimon or other such data exists yet, just their names. They are-

Protagonists- Akari Hinomoto and Zenjirou Tsurugi
Antagonists- Kiriha Aomema and Nene Amano

Also, I have when the series will air. It is scheduled to air in Japan on July 6, 2010 on TV Asahi from 7:27PM (UTC +9). Plus, seiyuus are up!

Taiki Kudou- Minami Takayama
Shoutmon- Chika Sakamoto
Akari Hinomoto- Ry?ko Shiraishi
Zenjirou Tsurugi- Daisuke Kishio
Kiriha Aomema- Daisuke Kishio
Nene Amano- Houko Kuwashima

This was supposedly leaked from Anime News Network and a V-Jump scan. But again, this is all Wikimon, so I'm not sure how accurate this is. Countdown to July 6th begins now, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.