Digimon Xros Wars- New Digimon Series In July.... Confirmed Via Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewsBot

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are we starting to get confirmation of the info that slipped out last year about new Digimon coming soon?

ANN put up an article seemingly confirming it based on a retailer putting up product listings for what seems to be new Digimon phone straps coming out in July, which is when the Summer anime season tends to start.

The listing also specifically makes mention of a new Digimon animated series.

Assuming the info is correct (spelling and translation may or may not be correct), the series will feature: Shautomon, Dorurumon, Barisutamon, Gureimon, and Monitamon.

Digistar went ahead and did her own translation and here is what we have so far (these may or may not be accurate by her own admission): Shoutmon, Dorurumon, Barisutamon/Baristermon, Greymon, and Monitormon.

That doesn't confirm it for sure, but it is definitely more concrete than the info we had last last year.

If you want to see the product listing yourself (which is also in the source article at ANN)- New Digimon Phone Strap Listing

Definitely worth hoping for though.

Update- Ngee Khiong posted a picture that I'm mirroring that nearly confirms a new series- New Digimon Series Image

The source of the image is another Japanese web store that confirms a July release: Product Page

Thanks to GuilmonORGDukemon for noticing the image.

It's always good to wait for official information before declaring it official, but it's looking quite likely.

-- <span style="font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 9pt;">godofchaos</span>

Source: <a href="http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=14098.0">WtW Forum Thread</a> (Multiple Source Credits in Article)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: New Digimon Series In July?

Moved the new info and line of conversation over to a new topic and locked the old one.

Prior conversation based on the information from last year is here: http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=13374.0

Had originally tried to put the few posts relating to this in this topic, but due to the way the forum works the order went all bleh.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm throwing my hat in saying I think it's "Ballistamon" for the one.

Hopefully onkei or someone else will show up and give us their thoughts.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah, I was gonna say Ballistamon as well.

Exciting news!

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well now, this could be interesting. Certainly not expected, i'm going to say not anime and go for movie or similar.

Kamiya

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh my god! I almost spit out the water that I was drinking when I saw this. :) Hopefully this isn't a mistake as I'm going to try to not get too excited, but wow ;D

Also, if by Dorurumon they mean Dorumon, then I will be even more excited as I've always loved that Digimon! ^__^

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I didn't think all hope was lost for this year but just all hope for a April airing.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, if it is July, I would by right with my prediction for starting to air the new series together with the release of Lost Evolution :)

Anyway, at least it certainly means, we'll get some new Digimon ;)

If it is not an japanese April fool we fall for...

Rexanimon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I am honestly more excited to hear this than I was about the fifth generation of Pokémon coming out this year (which is still freakin' awesome though). I knew it wasn't time for Digimon to die. Pssssh!!!

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

can't say i expected this at all anyway hope its good above all else.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Just want to remember to caution everyone, this is a web site that sells gachapons, so it's not quite like information from a first or secondhand source. Like I mentioned in the other topic, it could easily be the vendor mis-understanding information that the manufacturer sent out.

That being said, if there is something coming, this is about the same amount of time backlog where we'd normally start seeing information on a new series/movie. On the other hand, the summer anime season is largely viewed as weaker than the Spring/Fall series as the latter is usually when the powerhouse 26/52 episode series run. We may end up with subsequently shorter series (Summer/Winter is mostly 13 episode series) than we have come to expect from the franchise in the past.

I expect that if this is the first of a wave of series info, that this month's VJump will have all the standard official confirmations.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

i'd actully rater a bit sorter to be honest fewer uneeded "filler" episodes.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=jpwong link=topic=14098.msg178977#msg178977 date=1270279113]
I expect that if this is the first of a wave of series info, that this month's VJump will have all the standard official confirmations.
[/quote]
Jup, my thought.
Even though the date would fit well!

But after all I still hope, a new season would have 26 Episodes at least. But on the other hand viper is right: Better short than an all filler season...

Well, but if it's true and stuff and the Digimon there are the Adults of a new season, my other thought is: Please! No more Greymon!

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Assuming that whatever comes in after any potential series would want the standard spring/fall slot, you'd probably be looking at either 10-12 or 35-37 episodes.

Ultimately, a shorter series length doesn't always mean less filler. Rather what happens is you end up having the same percentage of filler, which while means less episodes, still ends up with the exact same problem where there's a mad dash at the end because they suddenly run out of time.

Grimulfr

Phweet!
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, Dragon Ball Kai is apparently ending in June and needs something to take its time slot.

On the other hand, FujiTV isn't on the copyright list for these Digimon straps. Just like the game, Lost Evolution (FujiTV was a copyright holder for the previous two Digimon Story games, as well as Championship, but not Lost Evolution).

On the other hand, neither does Bandai/NBGI (Namco Bandai Games, Inc.) get an official copyright "(c)". Bandai is only mentioned in text.

So maybe that's not a clue.

But if these are game merchandise, then where's my strap of Agumon, aka The Lead Character? Where's Gabumon and Terriermon? Who're these nobodies that they're selling? (Barristermon, the lawyer of courage?)

===

Honestly, I don't think the site has interpreted or written anything themselves. If the text they threw in the box describes the new Digimon as a "nationally televised anime," it's because it's the exact wording they received. I assume that the manufacturer of the straps sent this little blurb directly to the gashapon vendors, so they'll know to order them in time for this new digimon anime, and this website just copy-pasted the original listing. So if the manufacturer says these things are for an upcoming anime, then there's an anime upcoming.

Unless its been cancelled, and this website didn't get the memo. ;D

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Kamiya link=topic=14098.msg178971#msg178971 date=1270266910]
Also, if by Dorurumon they mean Dorumon, then I will be even more excited as I've always loved that Digimon! ^__^
[/quote]

Maybe it's not a typo, but a Dorumon/Garurumon hybrid :D

But yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for this anime just yet. I'm saving the excitement for any images and/or a real confirmation that it's being made.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm already excited. Don't care if others would rather sit and wait for more news, I'm past that point. Can't wait for July. :)

lucemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon:

?????? Shautomon
????? Dorurumon
?????? Barisutamon
????? Greymon
????? Seg Monitores
??????×? Shautomon × 4