MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another Digimon X2 update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's the 34th MonMon Memo! This time is a quick introduction to the lineup of the Digimon X2, which they revealed 'almost' the whole thing right when pre-orders went up.

They first wanted to note that early pre-orders were very good and were at a pace they didn't quite expect, so they moved to a secondary pre-order period today to make it more clear when some would ship.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The character lineup for the Digimon X2 has 60 Digimon in total to raise between the Red and Purple, along with 31 enemies. 91 Digimon total! This is roughly 130% the number of Digimon compared to the prior V-Pet.

They've shown off the various dot/sprite Digimon already and they recommend you check those out if you haven't.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A total of 18 X-Antibody Digimon will make their first appearance, which will allow a number of new Digimon to raise. The first thing they suspect that will catch our eye is the heavy lineup of evil looking Digimon. The X-Evolution of the Seven Great Demon Lords is the main element this time, and the Digimon appearing this time look more evil anyways.

[Unrelated to the text of the article they posted, they've updated the sprite sheet to no longer say GigaSeadramon X for GigaSeadramon. Also reposting the translated list of names below.]

Baby 1 (both)- Kiimon
Baby 2 (both)- Yaamon
Child (red)- BlackAgumon X, Gomamon X, Kokuwamon X, Erismon, Duskmon
Child (purple)- Impmon X, Plotmon X, Otamamon X, Erismon, Duskmon
Adult (red)- DarkTyranomon X, Mantaraymon X, Kuwagamon X, Allomon X, Numemon X, Filmon, Velgrmon
Adult (purple)- Ogremon X, Nefertimon X, Seadramon X, Allomon X, Numemon X, Filmon, Velgrmon
Perfect (red)- MetalGreymon V(irus) X, LadyDevimon X, Ookuwamon X, Triceramon X, Mammon X, Mametyramon, Stefilmon, KaiserLeomon
Perfect (purple)- Vamdemon X, Mephismon X, MegaSeadramon X, MetalPhantomon, Mammon X, Mametyramon, Stefilmon, KaiserLeomon
Ultimate (red)- BlackWarGreymon X, GrandisKuwagamon, Chaosdramon X, Rosemon X, SkullMammon X, [unrevealed Digimon], Ophanimon: Falldown Mode X, Bagramon, UltimateBrachimon, BeeleStarmon X, PrinceMamemon X, MetalPiranimon, Raihimon
Ultimate (purple)- DarkKnightmon X, GigaSeadramon, Chaosdramon X, Rosemon X, SkullMammon X, [unrevealed Digimon], Cheribumon (Vice) X, Bagramon, DinoRexmon, BeeleStarmon X, PrinceMamemon X, MetalPiranimon, Raihimon
Ultimate [higher) (red)- Demon X, Lillithmon X, Leviamon X, Barbamon X, Beelzebumon X, Diablomon X, [unrevealed Digimon], AncientSphinxmon, DarknessBagramon
Ultimate [higher) (purple)- Lucemon X, Belphemon X, Leviamon X, Barbamon X, Beelzebumon X, Diablomon X, [unrevealed Digimon], AncientSphinxmon, DarknessBagramon

Ophanimon: Falldown Mode X and Cherubimon X are Digimon who have darkness and regrets that are being added to raise this time around.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They ask that we enjoy imagining the evolution route we'll take to get to the Digimon we want.

They also know there are characters hidden with ?s... The details of these are currently unknown, but they will tell us it's a big shot... It's a cameo appearance like you'd expect in a blockbusters movie.

Things are getting more interesting this time around for the Digimon X2... they finish by telling us to stay tuned for more of the Digimon X2, and that MonMon Memory will be back for another update.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
Cold Mode
Copymon
New Virus Busters
New Nightmare Soldiers
Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
Jogress Digimon
Password Digimon
Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
Pendulum Art Book Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details
Pendulum Art Book Update- Digimon Designer Round Table! Plus Shikishi Artwork
Introductions for the CSA Digivice 1999 and Terriermon Plush, plus X-Antibody Updates
CSA Digivice 1999 Details
RagnaLordmon and Finalized Wave 2 20th Pendulum Packaging
Pendulum Art Book Preview- Twitter, Armor Evos, Omegamon, Chronicle
Digimon in 2nd Wave of 20th Anniversary Pendulums & Art Book Preview
Digital Monster X and X-Antibody Teasers
Digital Monster X Booklet Details
Digital Monster X Digimon Info & CSA Digivice 1999 Booklet Details
Digital Monster X Map System Info
Digital Monster X Battle System Info
New X-Antibody (Finalized Diablomon X & Sakuyamon X) Digimon Artwork
Digital Monster X Training & Raising Features
The Digimon Lineup for the Digital Monster X & More Reveals
Digital Monster X Summary & Preview from MonMon Memo, plus more Digimon intros!
Digital Monster X Evolution Conditions from MonMon Memo!
The Movements of the Seven Great Demon Lords from MonMon Memo
Data from announcement of Digital Monster X Version 2!
Main Theme of Digimon X2 from MonMon Memo, plus Video Preview

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cameo appearance? so it could be an Appmon, I guess? I still expect it to just be Herissmon Megas. Unless they will go "this is actually the Herissmon from ReArise not a generic one :O"

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see a lot of the Spirit of Darkness line, but why is Duskmon a rookie?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see a lot of the Spirit of Darkness line, but why is Duskmon a rookie?
I just think they did that so they could fit most of Duskmon's evolutions there, and because Beowolfmon was a perfect level. Spirits dont actually have normal levels so along with xros wars Digimon they stick them wherever.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see Mephismon X and LadyDevimon X in the line-up. We haven't seen these yet, have we?

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow the x versions for Cherubimon and Ophanimon look great! I hope their pure versions get x-forms eventually as well. I'm really curious about the hidden digimon in the lineup.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa the cameo bit is confusing! I was expecting it to be Venom and Malomyotismon X (given Myotismon-X) and/or Piedmon and BoltBoutamon-X

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the cameos are Revivemon (Ultimate) and Hadesmon (Ultimate+) from Appmon?

The wording is leading me to believe its actually a cameo appearance from another Bandai IP thought.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mmm I wonder what this surprise "cameo" could be. At first I thought it could be an Appmon, but after that I realized it is beyond death in the eyes of Bandai at this point. What about a character from other franchise? Maybe a rainbow Eevee? 😆 I wouldn't mind raising Mew tbh. That said, I just wish some evo lines like LadyDevimon X -> Ofanimon FM X -> Lilithmon X or Vamdemon X -> Bagramon -> DarknessBagramon are a thing. It's pretty clear Duskmon -> Velgrmon -> KaiserLeomon -> Raihimon -> AncientSphinxmon it's a theme in this V-Pet 😍

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's pretty clear Duskmon -> Velgrmon -> KaiserLeomon -> Raihimon -> AncientSphinxmon it's a theme in this V-Pet 
Honestly, I'd rather the evolution tree was:
rookie -> Duskmon -> Velgrmon -> ? -> ?
rookie -> Löwemon ->KaiserLeomon -> Raihimon -> AncientSphinxmon
With the question marks or even just a single stage above velgrmon and perhaps a potential common rookie being the two reveals.
The line as they have introduced it feels off. Love their inclusion though, no doubt.

Back to reality, I wonder if they just mean the rest of Erismon's/Herissmon's evolution line? Rasenmon: Rage Mode is too dark to ignore given the theme of the product and would actually help make sense of Erismon's inclusion here since it's pretty much an outlier otherwise. It would be kind of a cameo, especially in the sense that Erismon's proper mega has not been officially revealed yet, no?

edit: Ogudomon's absence is strong too, so perhaps something related to it is also likely? Something like Lucemon Satan Mode (for Ultimate) and Ogudomon X-antibody (for higher Ultimate)?

edit2: Mephismon X is also there, so I wouldn't mind Gulfmon X and Apocalymon X either.

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A cameo? Is this finally the Digimon/Pokemon crossover fans have been waiting for? :0

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the cameos are Revivemon (Ultimate) and Hadesmon (Ultimate+) from Appmon?

The wording is leading me to believe its actually a cameo appearance from another Bandai IP thought.
Couldn't they just mean Erismon's ultimate because he's from Re:Arise? I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm not sure what else it coulfd even be?

Last edited:

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, Arkadimon Ultimate and Super Ultimate would be pretty plausible. Hopefully with the X-antibody. Venom and Belial VamDemon would be logical choices too, as would Piemon and Volto Bautamon. Or they could be something completely non-demonic, if they really wanna make it a ‘guest cameo’ (or a non-digimon, like the D-Reaper).

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dreamt last night that the cameo was Kirby and now I want that even though it's even less likely than a Pokemon.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every week to reveal new X Form. Right? Ladydevimon X, Mephismon X, Vamdemon X and MetalGreymon (Virus) X and four unrevealed ones will be the last? (After Ogremon X)

Impmon, Cherubimon, DarkTyranomon, Numemon, Ofanimon Falldown Mode, DarkKnightmon and the completed SGDL got their X forms shown up.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Obviously they Cameo is Thanosmon, making this the most ambitious crossover since infinity war.