Digimon World: Next Order, More Pre-Order Bonus Information and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have more pre-order bonus DLC for Next Order fans, and further details on prior DLC.

Next Order will have a handful of exclusive DLC based on where you buy the game from.

If you order from Amazon Japan you get an item that lets you get Omegamon Zwart.

Image Thumbnail

If you order from a few different chains owned by Bic Camera (Bic, Sofmap, or Kojima) you'll get Chaos Dukemon.

Image Thumbnail

If you order from Geo you get items that will let you get WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon (I'm unsure if these are in any way unique, or if it just lets you get them quicker than normal.)

Image Thumbnail

And because I realize I didn't update the news in the last thread...

Image Thumbnail

The five pre-order Ultimate Digimon will be an item that will let you get Susanoomon, Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, Omegamon, Dukemon, and ShineGreymon (each of these being some of the most well known Digimon from the first 5 Digimon series.) During each play through you'll get a chance to choose and end up with one of the five Digimon (it appears that none of the five are actually unique, the item just lets you get to use the Digimon of your choice easier.)

Image Thumbnail

Also, the special pre-order version Agumon and Gabumon that are also included with pre-orders will be voiced by Chika Sakamoto and Mayumi Yamaguchi. They will also be able to combine into an Omegamon voiced by both. Both have locked in evolution lines that mirror what they get in Adventure. Interestingly though, each seem to skip one of their forms. Agumon's line skips MetalGreymon, and Gabumon skips Garurumon. Not 100% sure why that is (likely something to do with 1 more evolution line than the game expects or something like that.)

Thanks to Shinraisei for translation help.

This will be the new Next Order discussion thread. Previous thread is here.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, if I'm reading what was reported on Tamer Union correctly, WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Omegamon Zwart, and ChaosDukemon all function as Hybrid Digimon here; you give the item to ANY Digimon and they evolve into one of these?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hate Preorder bonuses so much... this is the exact reason why. You won't be able to get every Digimon because you didn't buy it from every store. I don't play much modern games but I remember people complaining a lot about the latest Batman game for preorder nonsense like this. I wish Digimon games didn't start with this too.

Hopefully if it ever comes state side they'll be more generous.

Edit: Unless I got it wrong and Zwart and ChaosDukemon appear in game but without items.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hate Preorder bonuses so much... this is the exact reason why. You won't be able to get every Digimon because you didn't buy it from every store. I don't play much modern games but I remember people complaining a lot about the latest Batman game for preorder nonsense like this. I wish Digimon games didn't start with this too.

Hopefully if it ever comes state side they'll be more generous.

Edit: Unless I got it wrong and Zwart and ChaosDukemon appear in game but without items.
We haven't seen anything that says they are exclusive.

And the pre-order Batman DLC for Knight was available later, both as standalone DLC, and included in the season pack.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently, they showed off Meikuumon as a dlc for Next Order too.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, if I'm reading what was reported on Tamer Union correctly, WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Omegamon Zwart, and ChaosDukemon all function as Hybrid Digimon here; you give the item to ANY Digimon and they evolve into one of these?
This is how evolution items in the World series work in general, it actually predates the idea of Hybrid Digimon. In World 1 you could only give evolution items to Child (for evolutions to Adult) or Adult (to Perfect) Digimon, and there were similar rules for the evolution items in Re: Digitize/Decode. ReDigi also introduced a few evolution items exclusive to specific Digimon, but still followed the rules about level, i.e. Lucemon FM's item could only be used on Angemon or Devimon, but they were both Adults so it was just a slightly more exclusive version of the same mechanic. For Next Order, on closer inspection the pages for the DLC items have asterisked sections below them specifying that you need an Ultimate to use the Omegamon and Imperialdramon FM items, and a Perfect for Dukemon, Susanoomon, and Shine Greymon. War Greymon and Metal Garurumon items require a Perfect, Zwart requires an Ultimate, and Chaos Dukemon requires a Perfect. But they are compatible with any Digimon of the correct level. Interesting is that the Ultimate requirement for a few of those items implies that Omegamon, Zwart, and FM might be considered Super Ultimates in Next Order.

The first print item set DLC includes items that have been in past World games, and their appearance seems to match the items' original sprites. The Challenge Carrot (挑戦ニンジン Chousen Ninjin) was called Super Carrot in DW's English localization (挑 "Challenge" has the same reading as 超 "Super"), while the Sakura Bird Radish (サクラ鳥大根 Sakura Tori Daikon) was called Hawk Radish (Cherry Radish in the ReDigi patch). Hidden Onion (隠しタマネギ Kakushi Tamanegi) is new. The effects of the items also match the ways that the originals work in DW and ReDigi, with Challenge Carrot boosting training for MP and Offense (original did MP, Offense, and Brains) with the Sakura Bird Radish doing the same for HP and Speed (original did HP, Defense, and Speed). The effects missing from the items have been put on the Hidden Onion instead, creating another class of training item. The 1.2x multiplier to training effect was the same in DW and ReDigi, as was the 6 hour limit to their training effect; although due to a bug in at least NSTC-U copies of DW, the "Super Carrot" and "Hawk Radish" effects didn't expire at a set time limit. The DW versions of the items also worked until you hand-fed the Digimon something else (restaurants didn't cancel the effects) but the Next Order site doesn't mention if that's true here as well.

What they haven't clarified is if the training items can modify weight like they did in previous games. In DW, the Challenge Carrot reduced weight by 2, while the Sakura Bird Radish increased it by 3, and neither item affected a Digimon's hunger so you could keep feeding them those items just to modulate weight to meet one of the requirements for evolution. In ReDigi they were modified to both reduce weight by 1, with the weight +3 effect being limited to just Sirloin and the -2 effect to the Edible Cactus. All of the training items also affected hunger in ReDigi, and could only be fed to Digimon when they were hungry, so you couldn't control weight or train as easily in that game. With Hidden Onion being added to the mix, it's equally possible all three training items will have different weight effects or that they'll all do weight -1 again.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A big fancy piece of Next Order art that apparently is from the new issue of Famitsu.

Image Thumbnail

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was also a bigger multipage spread in Weekly Famitsu covering everything from the characters to the gameplay, but there's almost nothing new in it. I combed through the whole thing and it's really just a roundup of the past ~20 updates all in one place. There are two new screenshots, showing Wizarmon & Tailmon as partners, and Takuto with Agumon & Gabumon in the city, but I believe we already saw Wizarmon in the game before.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was also a bigger multipage spread in Weekly Famitsu covering everything from the characters to the gameplay, but there's almost nothing new in it. I combed through the whole thing and it's really just a roundup of the past ~20 updates all in one place. There are two new screenshots, showing Wizarmon & Tailmon as partners, and Takuto with Agumon & Gabumon in the city, but I believe we already saw Wizarmon in the game before.
We're hitting the point where minus a handful of things, they have nothing new to show because the game is coming out.

We can expect tons of 'look at all this stuff' articles where there isn't anything minus random screenshots.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are actor names next to the humans; is this the first they've announced who's playing who?

Hey, KENN was Kouki in Savers, and now he's another "Kou".

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New batch of Next Order screenshots are up: http://digimonworld-neo.bn-ent.net/ss/

Finally got the Mastemon/Alphamon shot from Shounen Jump on the site. One thing to note is that until now, every screenshot we've seen has had both partners be of the same level. To me that suggests the partners' evolutions won't desynch on their own. This new batch though...it shows Susanoomon and Agnimon in the same shot, whereas before we've seen Agnimon next to the (Perfect-level) Doumon. If this is from the Susanoomon evolution item they mentioned before being used on the other partner, that would explain what appears to be a level desynch.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does Nico NIco record their streams after the fact? I'd love to watch it but I probably won't be online.
they don't do it automatically unless you are a premium user, however as long as you have an account you get the option to manually "timeshift" a stream before it starts. When you timeshift something you get the option to watch it as often as you want before a certain expiration date (in most cases 30 days after the broadcast although there are streams that never expire).

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a lot of recolor ones... But I'm surprised they got Rapidmon (Gold) and Gold V-dramon even WaruSeadramon in it.
Look like they only showed one of two partners die so it means both partners doesn't die at same time but maybe it will depend on age difference from evolving into a certain digimon?

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
here's the trailer, I really like what it shows, it looks way more interesting than I thought and that manual attack (Order I guess) may fix one of the issues people have with the World battle system.
One thing I don't get is why BlackWarkreymon's hair is red, I know Metalgreymon(Virus)'s hair is also red, but usually BWGreymon has yellow hair.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing I don't get is why BlackWarkreymon's hair is red, I know Metalgreymon(Virus)'s hair is also red, but usually BWGreymon has yellow hair.
A red haired BlackWarGreymon happened before:

I always loved that version in battle evolution and on the first Digimon forum I joined I had that BlackWarGreymon coloration in my signature for years because I found the yellow version comparatively boring... so yeah recolors for the win ;)

on other things... I like how the levels seem a bit more open this time although there's still the possibility that it fails at that in the same way that re:digitize did by putting invisible walls everywhere. (I also hope that that one screen isn't showing all the areas in the game...)

Status
Not open for further replies.